Moonfarespam: The Moonkin PvE Guide 4.1

(Locked)

15 Worgen Warrior
I cant find a link to a Balanced druid talent build that works, i suck at dishing out my telent points so if anyone can make me a good level 85 ready build I would love it, the one on the first page does not bring up a already built talent tree says invalid :(
90 Night Elf Druid
It works fine for me.
15 Worgen Warrior
I have no idea, but I think I found a good talent tree build so heres hoping for a good balance druid experience!
90 Worgen Druid
12/09/2010 6:14 PMPosted by Thies
I cant find a link to a Balanced druid talent build that works, i suck at dishing out my telent points so if anyone can make me a good level 85 ready build I would love it, the one on the first page does not bring up a already built talent tree says invalid :(

How about this?
http://www.wowhead.com/talent#0IfGdR0MkouZMcz
15 Worgen Warrior
Oh wow! is this a good build? what glyphs should i do?
90 Worgen Druid
12/09/2010 6:27 PMPosted by Thies
Oh wow! is this a good build? what glyphs should i do?

It's a good level 85 build (with some optional points missing). It won't necessarily be a good leveling build.

For glyphs:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/981608288?page=10#4
Edited by Eluial on 12/9/2010 11:54 PM PST
55 Worgen Druid
Oh and hey I am a level 18 Druid now and well I dont know what proffs I should pick...I was reading your guide and I saw something about Engi and LW. are those good for starting at my level?

Maybe not because it would be hard to level them up without there respective gathering proffs, unless theres a secret to it lol
Edited by Harru on 12/10/2010 3:15 PM PST
Is anyone else noticing a problem in the spirit-to-hit conversion?
My hit rating is almost 200 points lower than it should be if hit rating and spirit were stacking the way I thought they were supposed to be. Do I not correctly understand how its functioning, or is it the case where it simply doesn't show the correct numbers?
85 Night Elf Druid
I've spent some considerable time testing out a ridiculously mindless (and rewarding!) way to play our spec.

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#0IfRzoGokRuMZrcz

Looks very odd? No euphoria, 2/2 blessing of the grove, no shooting stars, and every utility talent available to be picked up?

Essentially, on ANY encounter that has 2 targets or more for the large majority of the fight (I spent our guilds almost entire 6ish hours on ascendant council using this; as a side note nearly all of the raid dmg in that fight procs OF) all you have to do is keep your dots at 100% uptime on all targets and keep that sunfire spam up while using your starfall and treants on cd. The trick? YOU MUST EITHER : preproc solar before pulls, or be able to swing to solar first cause your just wasting time using this spec if u have to swing lunar and back. You also dont use spec shooting stars or use starsurge cause it will either a) auto-knock you outta solar since when you zone-in you keep eclipse but go to 0 power, or b) slowly knock you outta solar.

This also has a not-so-obvious benefit of allowing you to N E V E R need to innervate yourself. All that you need to stay mana-positive in a fight is to glyph innervate and your free to give all your healers all the mana they ever need (which is honestly gamebreaking for current raid encounters).

This spec also has such low maintainence to it that your allowed to free your mind to track and handle all enounter abilities at perfection.

I also have a feeling this is going to be a very serious way to play moonkins in 2s or 3s bracket arena as you could potentially be allowed to out-mana almost every other comp.

My only doubts stem from the specs obvious setup cost, but I have concerns that this way of playing is overly rewarding in terms of healer mana, increased ability to be "raid-aware", and overall dps. For instance, the ascendant council encounter I did all my testing on netted me on average between 17-22k dps, and thats an encounter with 2 phases with 2 mobs and 1 phase with only 1!

Thoughts and comments are appreciated. I really think this can be a great alternative way to play as a moonkin

90 Worgen Druid
12/10/2010 5:20 PMPosted by Nokomisu
My hit rating is almost 200 points lower than it should be if hit rating and spirit were stacking the way I thought they were supposed to be. Do I not correctly understand how its functioning, or is it the case where it simply doesn't show the correct numbers?

You have 243 hit raiting and 763 spirit from gear, which = 1006, which is what your character sheet shows. Are you seeing a different number in game?
85 Troll Druid
Bit of a stand-and-turret Patchwerk-style rotation from our zerg of Heroic Karsh Steelrender below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKUa9qICMTA

It's been an interesting week. Gear is coming along -- early Cata still feels a bit like driving a Ford Pinto compared to the Ferrari I got used to at the end of WotLK. Gear is starting to scale and make it feel better -- I think we are all right atm all things considered though physical dps classes seem to be scaling better in the early dungeon blues than casters.
90 Night Elf Druid
Great guide. In Post 7 where you are talking about cogwheels, they are unique-equipped. So only one of each type.
Edited by Belrex on 12/11/2010 9:12 AM PST
85 Tauren Druid
Has anyone else noticed how our DPS hasn't scaled since Wrath? I had been limited to PuGs, and as such only had 10-man ICC gear. However, now being 85 with ~2000 SP more, I find that my damage has barely changed. The only spell I've seen have a significant increase in damage is Starsurge; my Wrath, Starfire, and DoTs have barely changed, if at all.
12/10/2010 9:05 PMPosted by Eluial
12/10/2010 5:20 PMPosted by Nokomisu

You have 243 hit raiting and 763 spirit from gear, which = 1006, which is what your character sheet shows. Are you seeing a different number in game?

So your base spirit rating isn't taken into account, just the additional spirit you get from gear? Adding those numbers up does equal my current hit, it just seems weird that base spirit wouldn't count towards the rating.
90 Worgen Druid
12/11/2010 9:31 AMPosted by Nokomisu
So your base spirit rating isn't taken into account, just the additional spirit you get from gear? Adding those numbers up does equal my current hit, it just seems weird that base spirit wouldn't count towards the rating.

Correct.

1 spirit = 1 hit rating (does not count base spirit, only spirit on gear and gems)
102.45 hit rating = 1% hit
Hit cap = 17% = 1741 rating

There are reasonable arguments for either side, but my thoughts are that it boils down to them not wanting to override the draenei racial. Their special thing is an extra 1% hit. If suddenly all the hybrid casters get a certain amount of hit for free then it kind of seems to make them less special. Dunno, maybe that's not the real reason, but that's the way I see it.
100 Night Elf Druid
useless..a rehashing of all the tooltips
Thank you a ton. Now I know what I am dealing with and can gear accordingly :)
100 Tauren Druid
Spirit no longer gives hit that I have noticed. My hit went way down after cata came out. So if you guys see something else different let me know =D
85 Tauren Druid
Why the talents into Moonglow? Dreamstate and Furor, for bigger mana pool, work much better with innervate mechanics.
85 Human Paladin
Yeah, my main is a moonkin. My damage sorta sucks and i can't hold mana for nothing. I'm really disapointed in what they did to balance druids. I used to always be in top 3 in dps in raids and blow away dps in random dungeons. I now am towards the bottom and i'm 85. I have the rotation down, its not that. I'm going to relook at my talent tree but i just think that balance sucks now.

any ideas anyone?
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]