Moonfarespam: The Moonkin PvE Guide 4.1

(Locked)

90 Troll Druid
Here's a link to the WoL report to see how absurd it was. 19% of total damage done...

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-cqekarwbhclm0ldu/details/3/?s=13783&e=14195
90 Night Elf Druid
Incidentally, your name is misspelled. It should be Youremine (because we can't have apostrophes in names :<).

>.> I was going to say that, but held myself back.

I never hold back. >:)
85 Troll Druid
While it's giving extra stars on some fights, it's giving fewer stars or outright not even hitting targets on fights like Magmaw. Won't even hit exposed head. So, yeah, Starfall is going to need a second look and a hotfix. Honestly, they should just remove the not hitting out of combat thing as I guarantee you that's what is causing the lion's share of the issues. We can't idiot-proof everything.

Sadly, I and much of our raid were plagued with instance latency issues most of the night. I don't even know how I made it through Halfus and lived. We eventually gave up on Magmaw as it became pretty much unplayable.

Target dummy damage on the other hand looks very promising -- especially once I got Burning Shadowspirit meta in place and regemmed/reforged. I was sustaining just over 20k and that's pure single-target, not Starfall (because Starfall won't hit the dummies). Nice buff overall.
Edited by Calculatéd on 2/8/2011 11:11 PM PST
85 Worgen Druid
Sadly, I and much of our raid were plagued with instance latency issues most of the night. I don't even know how I made it through Halfus and lived. We eventually gave up on Magmaw as it became pretty much unplayable.

No joke. We got Halfus, tried V&T and Magmaw but gave up because of latency and disconnects.

On the other hand I saw about a 5-6k dps increase on V&T over last week. Pulling 35k sustained with elixirs is pretty awesome.
85 Night Elf Druid
With the changes to the offhand enchant down to 40+ int, instead of the 100+ int, would a 2h weapon be better suited?
85 Night Elf Druid
I too think starfall is a bit buggy right now....regarding the not hitting out of combat part. On the first trash pack down the stairs before V&T last night I poped Starfall once I didn't have to worry about hitting our CC targets anymore. Low and behold my starfall pulls the set of trash to the left of us. I know it was starfall cuz I saw a star fall on one of the mobs and I had initial aggro of them.

although shrooms are so much epicness now....on the trash at the beginning of BoT (the bunch of smaller dudes around the circles not the big guys), pulling one set at a time...I was pulling ~64k dps on 10man. and on a trash pack in Throne of the Tides I did 43k. fun times :D

02/09/2011 9:33 AMPosted by Taannerz
With the changes to the offhand enchant down to 40+ int, instead of the 100+ int, would a 2h weapon be better suited?

I believe mh/oh still beats staff, but the difference is much smaller now. If I'm wrong please feel free to correct me :D
Edited by Rrawwr on 2/9/2011 9:45 AM PST
90 Night Elf Druid
While it's giving extra stars on some fights, it's giving fewer stars or outright not even hitting targets on fights like Magmaw. Won't even hit exposed head. So, yeah, Starfall is going to need a second look and a hotfix. Honestly, they should just remove the not hitting out of combat thing as I guarantee you that's what is causing the lion's share of the issues. We can't idiot-proof everything.

Target dummy damage on the other hand looks very promising -- especially once I got Burning Shadowspirit meta in place and regemmed/reforged. I was sustaining just over 20k and that's pure single-target, not Starfall (because Starfall won't hit the dummies). Nice buff overall.

Odd...In my 14 minute dummy test yesterday, Starfall hit it plenty. D:

I had issues on Halfus too last night, though, but I think it was more client-side than anything...the client crashed, and when I logged back in, Skada said I was doing 40k dps. Haha.
Edited by Forcekin on 2/9/2011 10:47 AM PST
85 Troll Druid
MH/OH definitely still beats staves at iLVL 359. iLVL 372 it's moot as I still don't think there is a legit iLVL 372 stave in game. iLVL 372 Cheney's Mending or whatever it is apparently doesn't exist in game.
85 Night Elf Druid
is there a consensus on starfall vs target dummies? it seems to be hitting for some people and not for others... do not like :(
85 Troll Druid
I've never once seen it hit over an extensive amount of testing on both 4.0.6 PTR or 4.0.6 live. That said, as noted on this forum and others, Starfall is acting very very strangely at the moment. Expect some hot fixes soon and hard to predict performance, your mileage may vary results until then.
Edited by Calculatéd on 2/9/2011 11:53 AM PST
90 Night Elf Druid
I made the new alchemist stone: Vibrant Alchemist Stone

I now have a choice for the other trinket slot. Should I use Gale of Shadows or use Tyrande's Favorite Doll for the straight intellect?
90 Night Elf Druid
I made the new alchemist stone: Vibrant Alchemist Stone

I now have a choice for the other trinket slot. Should I use Gale of Shadows or use Tyrande's Favorite Doll for the straight intellect?

Gale of Shadows and Vibrant Alchemist Stone is the better combination, in my opinion. You get more SP from Gale on top of a large amount of Haste.
85 Night Elf Druid
Quick question for you Calculated (or anyone else that knows how)....I used ur export code for power auras to set it up like urs (thank you for posting that btw I absolutely love it lol). I was wondering if it is possible to set up power auras to track mushrooms? I would like it to show how many mushrooms I have placed.

I know I should be keeping track of it myself but I have noticed in the last couple days since the patch (since I have been using them more) that it is kinda difficult for me to notice if they placed or not and the way my ui is set up it hides the blizz bar that shows the shrooms (lui ftl..just haven't been ambitious enough to set up a new ui lol).

thank you in advance for any help.
85 Troll Druid
I've been trying to figure this out and haven't been able to yet. I can get an aura to appear when a mushroom is down -- but I can't get it to stack/track quantity. I may have to take a look at what default blizz bar shows shroom count. May be able to duplicate that with something. I didn't even know such a thing existed. Haven't seen default UI in ages.
90 Night Elf Druid
Okay, I think I was wrong. I did some more dummy testing...starfall's not hitting it. Well, that sucks. I wish we had logs for our raid on Tuesday so I could go and check Magmaw...sigh
85 Night Elf Druid
02/10/2011 12:17 AMPosted by Forcekin
Okay, I think I was wrong. I did some more dummy testing...starfall's not hitting it. Well, that sucks. I wish we had logs for our raid on Tuesday so I could go and check Magmaw...sigh

After taking another shot to the face this week, I've decided to let my bear spec age for a bit while I explore my boomkin side. Last night I scratched up a few improvments (MH/OH, chants, and glyphs)...no small feat on my server, as it requires an opposite faction alt due to our empty AH. This morning I hit the training dummy and noticed a few things...my rotation needs work, my ui sucks, and starfall didn't even show up on recount (not even as misses), despite being cast on CD.

Also, has anyone seen a list of pre-raid BiS gear for balance druids? The listing in the bear FAQ was really helpful, and it would be nice to find a similar list for my new role.
85 Tauren Druid
Ok, I have some good trinkets but I'm in doubt which one are the best. Could you help me out?

Mandala of Stirring Patterns
Sea Star
Gale of Shadows
Vibrant Alchemist Stone
Witching Hourglass

And should I buy Darkmoon Card: Volcano? And which should I replace them?

Thanks very much.
90 Night Elf Druid
There are good gear lists here:
http://www.intent-kt.com/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=2288
http://graymatterwow.blogspot.com/p/moonkin-raiding-gear-list-as-of_06.html

@Drautnik: Rotation is really pretty easy, you'll probably get the hang of it soon--just keep practicing. The first link above has some nice rotation videos that will probably help you out.

@Sylvius: DMC Volcano is the best trinket if you have the money for it (ugh I bought one for myself and five days later another for someone else...so poor now!). You have some nice ones though for where you're at, so I'd probably check Wrathcalcs to figure out which ones are best.

I think I'm starting to sound like a broken record with all the "ZOMG CALCULATED'S GUIDE!!" oh well.
85 Troll Druid
Heh, I'm driving more hits to my guide now than to our guild landing page :)

DMC:Volc and Alchemist trinket would be the way to go from the options you listed, Sylv.
100 Night Elf Druid
Realized it was rude of me to not thank Eluial and Calculated for comprising guides I refer to a lot. :) Thank you both, and thank you to everyone that participates in the thread.

Also, if anyone wants any advice about possibly beating the price of the DMC a bit--I waited till the DMF had just passed and bought the cards, which went down in price quite a bit. I paid only about half of the cost doing it this way; of course I had to wait longer for it too. (This could vary by server, since it's always been just as expensive to buy the cards as it is a pre-made deck on mine.)

Just in case it helps anyone! Thanks again.
Edited by Lunula on 2/10/2011 7:10 PM PST
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]