Moonfarespam: The Moonkin PvE Guide 4.1

(Locked)

85 Troll Druid
Haste
This is our best secondary stat for the time being. All other secondary stats should be reforged into haste when possible.
128.05 haste rating = 1% spell haste

Haste breakpoints where we gain extra DoT ticks (3/3 Genesis and Moonkin Form):
11th tick - 11.11% - 1423
12th tick - 21.7% - 2778 - 746 w/NG
13th tick - 32.28% - 4134 - 1924 w/NG
14th tick - 42.86% - 5489 - 3102 w/NG
15th tick - 53.44% - 6843 - 4281 w/NG
16th tick - 64.02% - 8198 - 5459 w/NG

I have been reforged every possible extra stat into haste when I can. I have seen other balance druids reforging spirit into hit... I'm confused by this... is there an extra benefit?

Lastly, does it really matter that I can't get my haste to the 12th tick? I hit the 11th tick easy but I can't get to the 12th as of right now. I don't think anyone can, I might be wrong. Regardless, I have a decent amout and I noticed a difference in DPS when I had 1529 to what I have now which is 2180. As always, I'm always up for imput on gear, chant/ whatever. Thank you.
Edited by Reptarus on 2/18/2011 1:24 AM PST
85 Troll Druid
I have been trying to find some info on rotation changes with 4 piece bonus. Just got it last night. Any help would be appreciated.
90 Worgen Druid
Haste
This is our best secondary stat for the time being. All other secondary stats should be reforged into haste when possible.
128.05 haste rating = 1% spell haste

Haste breakpoints where we gain extra DoT ticks (3/3 Genesis and Moonkin Form):
11th tick - 11.11% - 1423
12th tick - 21.7% - 2778 - 746 w/NG
13th tick - 32.28% - 4134 - 1924 w/NG
14th tick - 42.86% - 5489 - 3102 w/NG
15th tick - 53.44% - 6843 - 4281 w/NG
16th tick - 64.02% - 8198 - 5459 w/NG

I have been reforged every possible extra stat into haste when I can. I have seen other balance druids reforging spirit into hit... I'm confused by this... is there an extra benefit?

Lastly, does it really matter that I can't get my haste to the 12th tick? I hit the 11th tick easy but I can't get to the 12th as of right now. I don't think anyone can, I might be wrong. Regardless, I have a decent amout and I noticed a difference in DPS when I had 1529 to what I have now which is 2180. As always, I'm always up for imput on gear, chant/ whatever. Thank you.

The reason some people have been reforging spirit into hit is because there is some confusion on whether or not treants use melee hit or spell hit to become hit capped. If a piece is spirit/haste and you need toe spirit to be hit capped, there is no downside to reforge it into hit since it would still count towards your melee hit and possibly help your trees.

As far as the 4pc t11, ,the biggest change to the rotation is that you dont want to use Moonfire or starfall when you proc eclipse until you have used up your 3 charges from the bonus. This also means not refreshing MF immediately if it happens to fall off as you proc eclipse. There are minor nuances with the proc you will pick up after using it for a little while, but thats the simplified version of it.

Wild Mushrooms detonations are also affected by crit chance. The situation will depend on if its a good or bad idea to detonate them with the bonus active. Or just detonate them in a regular solar eclipse
Edited by Nyul on 2/18/2011 11:37 AM PST
90 Worgen Druid
02/18/2011 1:19 AMPosted by Reptarus

Spirit-> hit is a side reforge. It's done on spirit/haste items, where you can't reforge to haste but you still need the hit rating to be capped. As Nyul said, it's because of uncertainty on how our treants' hit rating functions.

02/18/2011 1:19 AMPosted by Reptarus
Lastly, does it really matter that I can't get my haste to the 12th tick?

No. Don't confuse these breakpoints with the softcaps of WotLK. These are posted mostly as an FYI. When really close to a break point, it's possible that it's worth pushing yourself over at any cost, but how close is "really close?" That's best left to a tool like wrathcalcs to answer.

I have been trying to find some info on rotation changes with 4 piece bonus. Just got it last night. Any help would be appreciated.

Go ahead and scroll down to the FAQ and advanced rotation tips section, where I've posted a short discussion on 4pcT11 rotation changes, as well as a video guide that Calculated made. You can also go to his guide (link provided in the FAQ) for a more in depth discussion of it.
90 Worgen Druid
02/18/2011 6:55 PMPosted by Leafybreeze
My apologies if this has been covered elsewhere, Eluial, but which T11 piece is our offset? And is there an ideal item for said off-piece? Thanks.

There is no one item that has to be our offset. Gloves and legs should both be tier, as they're well itemized. Helm, shoulder and chest are all viable offset pieces, though. Helm is more common if you're an engineer (as the goggles are BiS), but there is a leather caster helm that drops... um.. somewhere. The chest is from Magmaw and the shoulders are from ODS.

Beyond the stats themselves, obtainability should be another consideration. Shoulder and helm both drop from end bosses, so it may be a longer time before most raid groups have access to the heroic versions of either of those slots compared to chest tokens (from halfus).
90 Troll Druid
Helm off-set (non-eng.) is from Archimedes.
85 Worgen Druid
02/18/2011 7:25 PMPosted by Eluial
eather caster helm that drops... um.. somewhere. The chest is from Magmaw and the shoulders are from ODS.

The best off-set helm is actually the resto tier.

I doubt many people are able to go that route though.
85 Night Elf Druid
Zene over at MMO/EJ helped me take this one step further and do it in Power Auras like I originally wanted to but couldn't figure out . . .

==========================
"I tried this and it worked well but it also gave me an idea to try something else. I know that Power Auras is a bit more flexible and has some totem support but with a bit of testing you can quickly see that it does NOT properly update totem events for Moonkins during combat. The power auras only trigger when I go into or leave combat despite the "In Combat" flag being unchecked.

That being said, I opened up the LUA files and I have it working as far as I can tell. Essentially, you update one piece of code in the PowerAurasEvents.lua file.

In the function:

function PowaAuras:PLAYER_TOTEM_UPDATE(...)

there is one line:

if (self.playerclass=="SHAMAN") then

that you modify to:

if (self.playerclass=="SHAMAN" or self.playerclass=="DRUID") then

As far as setting up the Power Aura, you set the Activation By to "Totems" and in the field below it you use the value 3. This means, once the 3rd mushroom is present it will activate the aura. For shamans this stands for Water totems but it works for a moonkins purposes here. I can't post links but you can see an example of the setup here: i.imgur.com/Ko0Hx.jpg

That being said, if you want to have different states you would have 3 different auras, each one having different values "1" for one mushroom being up (or the first slot of the totem bars) "2" for the second mushroom being up and "3" for all 3 being up.

EDIT: One thing I have noticed is that it doesn't seem to update the mushroom status if you have nothing selected or friendly targets selected. There is probably more to updating PowerAuras than just that one section but for now, it will suit my purposes in a raid environment. Perhaps someone with a bit more LUA experience can help fill in the blanks.
"
==========================

Many thanks to Zene as it's far more customizable in power auras and I have it setup now exactly as I wanted it.

Well it appear that Power auras has updated to count wild mushrooms as totems so we shouldn't need to go in and manually change the lua now. I haven't been able to test it out in game since the update so I'm not sure of the complete functionality. hopefully some other wonderful lazerchicken can test it out and see how it goes lol
90 Worgen Druid
Well it appear that Power auras has updated to count wild mushrooms as totems so we shouldn't need to go in and manually change the lua now. I haven't been able to test it out in game since the update so I'm not sure of the complete functionality. hopefully some other wonderful lazerchicken can test it out and see how it goes lol

awesomeness! I will check that out later.

Just as an FYI I'll be out of town this weekend, just in case an CRAZY MOONKIN NEWS breaks or something... :P
85 Night Elf Druid
What should I get next with my VP. I already purchase the legs and gloves. Should I get the chest next, boots, rings? I really want to get the 4 pc bonus but I dont think I be getting the shoulders or helm drops anytime soon.
86 Troll Druid
Thank you for the wonderful Boom-Chicken Guide
great thread love it
you premote startfall but l get abused everytime l use it even with the glyph
and blamed for pulling . l get told every time l use it not to , l no lm not pulling, so anyone no why there qqing about it
if this belongs some were else lm sry new to forum
90 Night Elf Druid
great thread love it
you premote startfall but l get abused everytime l use it even with the glyph
and blamed for pulling . l get told every time l use it not to , l no lm not pulling, so anyone no why there qqing about it
if this belongs some were else lm sry new to forum

Starfall was recently changed so that it doesn't pull mobs that aren't in combat...I think people are just used to being wary of it.
Edited by Forcekin on 2/23/2011 12:21 AM PST
yer l now that , couldnt work out wat they were qqing about
l get great dps when l use it and no threat
ty again for the reponse
Edited by Snagglepus on 2/23/2011 1:25 AM PST
90 Worgen Druid
02/22/2011 10:19 AMPosted by Taannerz
What should I get next with my VP. I already purchase the legs and gloves. Should I get the chest next, boots, rings? I really want to get the 4 pc bonus but I dont think I be getting the shoulders or helm drops anytime soon.

Use wrathcalcs to find out what your biggest upgrade would be, and combine that information with what you are most likely to have access to.
Edited by Eluial on 2/24/2011 5:08 PM PST
been doing a lot of reading on this sticky , and have not seen any mention of ff.
am l wasting dps time applying 3stacks at start,on boss fights and 1 stack on adds
l have noticed that l hit harder with 3 stacks
my routine = IS, FF TIMES 3 , SS ,MF, ECLIPES ROUTINE and sf and ss cd's
l find that ss then MF gives SS time to hit , and let me know which way me eclipes is going.
l also find that IS has a good chance at procing SS at the start
Edited by Snagglepus on 2/23/2011 9:32 PM PST
90 Night Elf Druid
FF has absolutely no effect on your damage. Spells bypass armor.
90 Worgen Druid
am l wasting dps time applying 3stacks at start,on boss fights and 1 stack on adds

Yes.

02/23/2011 8:49 PMPosted by Snagglepus
l have noticed that l hit harder with 3 stacks

You noticed wrong.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]