Moonfarespam: The Moonkin PvE Guide 4.1

(Locked)

90 Tauren Druid
Hey ya'll.

I tend to pull around 10-11K DPS in heroics. I feel l should be doing more though. I'm not sure if it's my playstyle or my gear.

I IS > MF > SS > Wrath/Starfire. Starfall on CD, and shrooms before most fights (providing the tank is concious enough to understand 'Please try and tank on the shrooms'...most of the time they tank just outside of the radius?).

Most fights I apply MF/IS to multiple targets, but i'm not sure if I should be. I can see the pros, more SS. But then eclipse would proc slower, most of the time, than if I was straight casting w/s.

Thanks in advance =D (And yes, I realise my staff is lacking an echant)
90 Worgen Druid
02/25/2011 4:55 AMPosted by Spiritbreak
ugggggg so many things wrong i just dont even know where to start.. for a guid that will actully up your dps and teach you to play boom go to elitist jerks

It's funny you say that when you are gemming incorrectly and you pick moonglow over dreamstate, and can't even manage to be hit capped with that many pure spirit gems.

BTW my guide follows Hamlet's pretty closely. He goes into a lot more detail, which is more appropriate for the forum he writes for, as opposed to this one which is aimed more at starters, but not sure that I advocated anything very different from what he says. And I also link to his guide in the FAQ section for anyone who wants to go more in depth.

If you have some suggestions, say it. Otherwise, kindly piss off :]
90 Night Elf Druid
I hope you caught the thread he was in where he said his spec was "the best", El. It was cute.
90 Worgen Druid
02/25/2011 4:24 PMPosted by Ikagawa
I hope you caught the thread he was in where he said his spec was "the best", El. It was cute.

Nah, been taking a mini forum vacation. I just check this thread from time to time to answer questions, and I couldn't pass this one up.
90 Night Elf Druid
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2140506067
90 Worgen Druid
Hey ya'll.

I tend to pull around 10-11K DPS in heroics. I feel l should be doing more though. I'm not sure if it's my playstyle or my gear.

I IS > MF > SS > Wrath/Starfire. Starfall on CD, and shrooms before most fights (providing the tank is concious enough to understand 'Please try and tank on the shrooms'...most of the time they tank just outside of the radius?).

Most fights I apply MF/IS to multiple targets, but i'm not sure if I should be. I can see the pros, more SS. But then eclipse would proc slower, most of the time, than if I was straight casting w/s.

Thanks in advance =D (And yes, I realise my staff is lacking an echant)

Hey Dean, I can't see anything glaringly wrong in your playstyle as you outlined it above, or with your armory. If you're talking about heroics, though, one problem might be your trinkets. They're not bad trinkets, but the doll doesn't really have a great on use effect (though the static int is really nice), and the Gale of Shadows ramp up time sucks for short-living mobs, unless you have a tank that just chain pulls nonstop (thus preventing your stacks from dropping).
85 Goblin Warlock
what should be the first thing i buy with VP that helps with boomkin?
90 Worgen Druid
Tier gear, legs are best itemized so a good place to start. Dont buy anything else until you have your 3 pieces that you can buy with VP. Then whichever is biggest upgrade. Boots are nice.
90 Worgen Druid
02/27/2011 8:37 AMPosted by Nyul
Dont buy anything else until you have your 3 pieces that you can buy with VP.

While usually not a bad piece of advice that won't hurt you in the long run, there is a bit of leeway in what you can buy depending on your guild's progression in the near future. If your guild is unlikely to down chogall or nef any time soon, perhaps buying all 3 pieces is not the best use of your VPs. For instance, while the legs are amazingly itemized, the gloves and chest are less so, and there are decent options that drop from raid bosses for those slots, while there are zero epic idols that drop, and the boot options are either from sinestra or chogall (and the chogall ones suck).

4pc is the priority. But if you're unlikely to be able to complete your 4pc soon, then it's not unreasonable to deviate away from tier and just buy whatever is the biggest upgrade for you.
85 Night Elf Druid
My personal order for VP is this:
Legs -> Gloves (I have enough spirit that I'm reforging from it, so can use the loss, and the haste is still good) -> Boots (actually skipped this step and bought off AH) -> Relic (cheapest for a small upgrade, and can't get anywhere else) -> Cloak/Ring (whichever slot I haven't gotten drops for by then). I'm not worried about the 4pc, as the chest is terribly itemized and not worth th VP cost of a ring and a cloak until I can down Cho'gall or Nef anyways, in which case I bet I can get down the other too. try to get the boots off the AH, VP is infinitely more valuable the gold at this point.

On another note, is it worth dropping raid professions for gathering professions to get money for BoE epics? I think if I had not switched I'd have more dps now than I did before. something for others to think about as their characters approach raiding.
90 Worgen Druid
02/27/2011 10:57 PMPosted by Vanyael
On another note, is it worth dropping raid professions for gathering professions to get money for BoE epics? I think if I had not switched I'd have more dps now than I did before. something for others to think about as their characters approach raiding.

That's what alts are for. Level a double gatherer alt. With the money from the professions plus what you get from leveling, you'll be pretty rich.
85 Night Elf Druid
eh I am, I'm just in love with druids, but don't want to be too redundant. I have my lvl 41 shaman though that I've been working on.
90 Worgen Druid
02/28/2011 9:09 PMPosted by Vanyael
eh I am, I'm just in love with druids, but don't want to be too redundant. I have my lvl 41 shaman though that I've been working on.

A lot of us have more than 1 druid :D
90 Worgen Druid
20% nerf to Starsurge, inc 14 threads every half hour about how awful moonkins are now.
90 Night Elf Druid
02/28/2011 9:51 PMPosted by Alirrath
20% nerf to Starsurge, inc 14 threads every half hour about how awful moonkins are now.

Inc? They've been here for a while now.
90 Worgen Druid
True, at least their exaggerations make for a good laugh.
90 Tauren Druid
/me hides.

Oye. Not a good day for forum posting.
90 Worgen Druid
MMO's data mined patch notes specify that the damage reduction to starsurge is to base damage only. Yes, data mined notes are data mined, so don't get too excited. But if this is indeed the case, that will make the estimated single target DPS loss of ~2.5% even lower. I was assuming it was 20% off total damage. It'll also mean that you won't see a significantly larger decrease at higher gear levels.
85 Troll Druid
EJ has already mined further -- they hit the coefficient as well.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]