Moonfarespam: The Moonkin PvE Guide 4.1

(Locked)

90 Worgen Druid
Hey guys good news! We get a threat reduction in 4.03a

Because unless they fix it (assuming it is a bug) Chaotic Skyflare Diamond is going to be HORRIBLE.

Bracing Emberstorm Diamond int/threat reduction is going to be better.

On the plus side MF is getting buffed, Starsurge is getting buffed by being tucked in with moonfury.

It's not *horrible* but there is a serious concern that the bracing will beat the chaotic at pre and early T11 gear levels.
90 Troll Druid
Ok, so not horrible for when we're leveling and happen upon a helm w/ a meta. Nor for early Cata raiding (maybe). But certainly horrible for current raiding. Not that there's a lot of that going on anyway.
90 Worgen Druid
oh. Yeah, I actually totally missed that it's going live with the next patch.

Meh, it's almost as if they *want* people to just stop playing for the next two weeks.
90 Worgen Druid
Posted this in the first thread, but putting it here for the people who have read the post a million times already and aren't likely to look at it again:

Yes, I know patch 4.0.3a is slated to come out Tues the 23rd. I will be out of town for Thanksgiving, and have no intention of updating this guide during my vacation. The changes are fairly inconsequential in terms of guide-writing, anyway (with the exception of the meta gem). If you absolutely cannot figure out WTF2DO with yourself, there are many kind individuals who would gladly answer your questions, I'm sure.

Otherwise, everyone have a happy Thanksgiving, enjoy your turkey (or tofurkey) and don't kill any family members. Peace.

Basically, with the meta gem, I think "do whatever you want" is an acceptable choice at this point. If people feel like they need to math stuff out for the next two weeks, I certainly won't stop them, but I think you could use the stam/+armor meta at this point an it wouldn't matter.

But your main choices are going to be:
sticking with chaotic and regemming to meet the requirements
changing to bracing

PS Bracing is going to be the cheaper option :P
Edited by Eluial on 11/21/2010 8:31 PM PST
90 Troll Druid
Without doing character specific math I'd suspect bracing would be less of a DPS loss than regemming to get chaotic to work, just because you'd be losing so much int. it'd hurt your sp, crit, and mana pool.

/shrug

I was already decided when I was reading about this in Graylo's blog and later in Sunfyre's.

I think the only other big change is that Starsurge is now much more epic when cast within an eclipse. Sunfire is working already, the MF buff wont affect how we used MF

I don't think many people are playing now, thanksgiving event is lack luster and isn't required for the WALSTIB achievement, the ele invasions are just annoying, and with time growing so short folks who have not killed LK may just be getting down.

Once 4.03a goes live I'm going to grind the new goblin rep as much as I can, which currently will likely mean soloing BC dungeons since on the PTR we're not getting rep for wrath ones. Which is lame.
90 Worgen Druid
Yeah, for now, since we're drowning in hit, bracing is very likely the best choice.

85 Worgen Druid
is it certain the patch will come this tues and not 12/30? i was considering even using a runspeed meta and then putting icewalker for the crit on my boots. though my guild is strict 10s going for hmlk and i've been not... having mana trouble but getting pretty low so i could even see myself using my healing meta for the time being. it activates on any spellcast, right?
90 Troll Druid
Yes, but the healing meta w/ mana return looks to have less int.

Do you have a replenishment buff going in your raid? I never had mana issues, though we didn't to HM ICC, we have done ICC10.

You could probably throw some talents into mana regen if you wanted. Don't forget to innervate yourself at 60% or so.

It's not 100% certain until the day it happens. But lets look at some facts

1) We've had small downloads in the last two days from the launcher

2) rolling restarts on sunday

3) PTR has 4.03a and it's marked as release

4) People have been reporting that Blizzard has hinted at a two week gap between 4.03a and Cata. I'm reporting it this way because I have seen ZERO evidence other than fellow forum members repeating this comment.

5) I'd suspect Blizzard would want to give us some time to get used to the new world before releasing Cata. Why? Less load on the servers when Cata hits. Players will make their new race/class combos and level a bit. Blizz will get another shot at removing last minute bugs that the ptr doesn't catch.
Edited by Greymalkin on 11/21/2010 9:38 PM PST
sticky!
90 Troll Druid
Seems WoWHead has joined MMO Champion in saying the 23rd.

Though WoWHeads post seems to contain a lot of errors, pretty sure druids are retaining polymorph immunity but they claim moonkin is losing it.

Anyway I look forward to the changes.

80 Night Elf Druid
Awesome guide. As a new balance druid, and new WoW player in general it has helped immensely. <33
85 Worgen Druid
@greymalkin: thanks for the response.

we do have replen. however, hlk is a vastly different animal from normal. there's a fair bit more target switching, more movement, more tabbing, a little support to healers now and then when people are spread out and infest is going on. we're 10 strict as far as gear goes so our closest attempt so far has been 11%. the trouble is i can't afford to innervate myself because i have to give it to our healers. i've never gone oom, but i'd like to make sure i don't. i have a few regen talents and it seems to be helping. also of note is that the BED does not have more int than ISD, the have the same. :)

it was just a thought. i'll have to see. the threat reduction for me is really pretty unnecessary and i was looking for something a little more beneficial in my current content. just something to think about, the merits of one meta to another. the change to the skyflares (both the melee and the caster) is ridiculous. i can't believe they decided to make such an unfair requirement.
85 Tauren Druid
Without doing character specific math I'd suspect bracing would be less of a DPS loss than regemming to get chaotic to work, just because you'd be losing so much int. it'd hurt your sp, crit, and mana pool.

/shrug

I was already decided when I was reading about this in Graylo's blog and later in Sunfyre's.

I think the only other big change is that Starsurge is now much more epic when cast within an eclipse. Sunfire is working already, the MF buff wont affect how we used MF

I don't think many people are playing now, thanksgiving event is lack luster and isn't required for the WALSTIB achievement, the ele invasions are just annoying, and with time growing so short folks who have not killed LK may just be getting down.

Once 4.03a goes live I'm going to grind the new goblin rep as much as I can, which currently will likely mean soloing BC dungeons since on the PTR we're not getting rep for wrath ones. Which is lame.

The Chaotic Metagem is still best.

I made a new post regarding it today: http://graymatterwow.blogspot.com/2010/11/meta-gems-what-do-we-do-now.html
90 Worgen Druid

/shrug

The Chaotic Metagem is still best.

I made a new post regarding it today: http://graymatterwow.blogspot.com/2010/11/meta-gems-what-do-we-do-now.html

The discussion here is about using the chaotic skyflare diamond in the remaining two weeks between now and cata, not about using the chaotic shadowspirit diamond in cata.

I'm glad to see the math you did matches up to my rough math I threw at the problem on TMR, though, regarding cata metas.
85 Tauren Druid
The discussion here is about using the chaotic skyflare diamond in the remaining two weeks between now and cata, not about using the chaotic shadowspirit diamond in cata.

I'm glad to see the math you did matches up to my rough math I threw at the problem on TMR, though, regarding cata metas.
It doesn't matter which diamond you are talking about. They have the same meta requirements and the Chaotic is still best. In fact, the Chaotic would be a lot better then the other options at level 80 because it scales a lot better.
90 Worgen Druid

It doesn't matter which diamond you are talking about. They have the same meta requirements and the Chaotic is still best. In fact, the Chaotic would be a lot better then the other options at level 80 because it scales a lot better.

Even given that most people have reforged away as much hit as they possibly can already?

I'm not particularly interested in doing math for something that's only going to be relevant for 2 weeks, but given how much spirit we'd have to stack, and that currently the majority of our socket bonuses are red, it seems to be a very close call between them. Sure, we have upwards of 40% crit right now, but regemming is going to be about +100 spirit for most people (more for those who have better gear with more gem slots).
85 Night Elf Druid
FjP
Boomshakalaka!!
85 Night Elf Druid
FjP
Boomshakalaka!!
85 Troll Druid
Great guide. :)
90 Troll Druid
Looking at my gems and the requirements for the Chaotic, I'm thinking the Bracing Earthsiege is going to be much better. I'd have to change 10 or 11 gems into blue or blue hybrids to get the benefit from the Chaotic skyflare.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]