Conflagrate + Shadowflame bug/question

100 Undead Warlock
Conflagrate is no longer usable with Shadowflame. The problem is that when a target is affected by Shadowflame, Conflagrate still lights up as if it's usable... even if there's no Immolate.

Sometimes I'll be spamming Conflagrate wondering why nothing's happening to realize that there's only a Shadowflame DoT on the target :P

This is probably a bug, but I figured I'd post here since lost time can be a DPS issue as well. Does anyone have any idea why they took Shadowflame away from Conlagrate though? I always thought it worked nice to finish off mobs while questing or running a heroic dungeon.

Shadowflame, Conflagrate, and Shadowburn combo would work nicely together for quick damage. My guess would be they removed it for PvP reasons or just for simplicity.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
You NEVER should have used conflag on a shadowflamed target as the damage is severely crippled. If you are having trouble keeping track of your dots try a many of the addons that are out there for this sort of thing.

Conflag:
Instantly deals fire damage equal to 60% of your Immolate's periodic damage on the target.

Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
You NEVER should have used conflag on a shadowflamed target as the damage is severely crippled. If you are having trouble keeping track of your dots try a many of the addons that are out there for this sort of thing.

Conflag:
Instantly deals fire damage equal to 60% of your Immolate's periodic damage on the target.

Well, technically with the boosted DOT damage for shadowflame, it would actually do a lot better than it was prepatch.

What annoys me is it doesn't differentiate between your immolate and someone else's immolate. It will be be active and yet won't do anything if your personal spell has already expired. :P
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
Keep track of your dots, problem solved.

What annoys me is it doesn't differentiate between your immolate and someone else's immolate. It will be be active and yet won't do anything if your personal spell has already expired. :P

This bug is actually quite handy, as it eliminates that half second delay between immolate's application and conflag being usable.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
I would still think that immolate would pull out ahead esp with haste added in. Though your scenario would be very situational in pvp and near useless in pve as immolate should have 100% up time.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
Conflag:

I don't see why you should NEVER do that? If the mob has 20% health and there's no time to cast Immolate before it dies, but it has Shadowflame on it, why not use Conflograte?

I was just trying to say that Shadowflame + Conlagrate had situations where it was helpful... especially when questing. Don't tell me as level 80 you've never found an instance where you had Shadowflame on a target that was about to die and Conlagrate wasn't on CD? I'm guessing the devs removed this for simplicity though.

Thank you for the addon suggestion I use Classtimer. You gotta admit though sometimes Conflagrate lighting up just stands out way more than if you've got Immolate on the target or not haha.
Edited by Bridius on 11/6/2010 7:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
Keep track of your dots, problem solved.

Sorry when I'm fighting 5+ trash mobs I'm not worried about if each one has Immolate on it or not lol....
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
Idk but all this server recognition crap is slow and pretty sheesy in this game. I have played some other online games with graphics much higher and more complex and thing are recognized near instantly when a change happens and loading is about 1/3 the time for wow. User to user lag still exists equally on other games but I am talking client server and ui recognition, it just functions horrible in this game.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]