Will RAF work with Worgen/Goblins?

30 Undead Priest
the Raf policy states that you can grant lvls to a toon that is equal or lower lvl than you there are no race limits...there for if they dont change it like the blue stated then it will work for goblin / worgen
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
Word on the street is that there are no more Realm First achievements for races, checking the data mined achievements for cata shows there are none.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Warrior
Word on the street is that there are no more Realm First achievements for races, checking the data mined achievements for cata shows there are none.

You're right, I can't find it anymore?

Is this true blizz?
Reply Quote
Community Manager
New goblin and worgen characters will indeed be eligible for Recruit-A-Friend benefits including increased experience gain and grantable levels. As we've no current plans to modify the Recruit-A-Friend program at this time or increase the level range for which the benefits apply, goblin and worgen characters (as with all other characters) will only be able to receive the in-game bonuses up to level 60.

So, to answer your questions directly:

Would the 300% xp bonus work till 60?

Yes.

Would the Level Granting work till 60?

Yes.

This is, of course, bearing that all requirements for those benefits are met. :)

Please keep in mind, as well, that there will be no Realm First achievements associated with leveling characters of a specific race, so this will not place goblin or worgen characters at any sort of unique advantage.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
New goblin and worgen characters will indeed be eligible for Recruit-A-Friend benefits including increased experience gain and grantable levels. As we've no current plans to modify the Recruit-A-Friend program at this time or increase the level range for which the benefits apply, goblin and worgen characters (as with all other characters) will only be able to receive the in-game bonuses up to level 60.

Yes.

Yes.

This is, of course, bearing that all requirements for those benefits are met. :)

Please keep in mind, as well, that there will be no Realm First achievements associated with leveling characters of a specific race, so this will not place goblin or worgen characters at any sort of unique advantage.

Any plans on bumping when the 300% exp gets cut off? 60 levels out of 85 is absurdly low.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Any plans on bumping when the 300% exp gets cut off? 60 levels out of 85 is absurdly low.

Nope. No plans at this time.
Reply Quote
80 Undead Priest

Yes.

Yes.

What was the reasoning behind taking out the goblin and worgen first to 85 achievements? Seems strange to me since they were already pre-built to work even with the race changes.

Was looking forward to competing and have had done a lot of prep work already for it =(

Thanks

-Aey
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin

Nope. No plans at this time.

Why must you crush my dreams?

It's the hair, isn't it?
Reply Quote
80 Orc Death Knight

Leveling in the new world is well worth the time, I will feel bad for anyone who even tries to skip the new content with RaF or otherwise.
Edited by Kartane on 11/10/2010 6:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin

Leveling in the new world is well worth the time, I will feel bad for anyone who even tries to skip the new content with RaF or otherwise.

I have 7 80's.

Not worth it in the slightest.
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Warrior

It is probably just wishful thinking, but I keep interpreting this differently, as if the goblin/worgen Realm Firsts aren't considered racial.

So I will ask flat out:
Specifically, are the achievements "Realm First! Level 85 Lost Isles Goblin" and "Realm First! Level 85 Gilnean Worgen" available in Cataclysm?

http://db.mmo-champion.com/a/5379/realm-first-level-85-lost-isles-goblin/
http://db.mmo-champion.com/a/5380/realm-first-level-85-gilnean-worgen/
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter

What was the reasoning behind taking out the goblin and worgen first to 85 achievements? Seems strange to me since they were already pre-built to work even with the race changes.

I imagine that this was part of it. There are a lot of considerations for making this race "even." To really be competitive, you'd need to have a fresh RaF account, plus full heirlooms for the new character plus probably some other stuff I'm not thinking about. I think Blizzard decided that there are too many ways out there to alter leveling speed making the race far too complex/requiring far too many outside bonuses.

Note that the first class to 85 achievement isn't bothered by these things because anyone going for that one is starting from 80. Thus, no RaF or heirlooms and a race/faction change would be irrelevant.

EDIT: @Pesh, there are no longer any achievements of any kind pertaining to being the first of a specific race to 85. At least, that's how I interpret it.
Edited by Skarn on 11/10/2010 9:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight

It is probably just wishful thinking, but I keep interpreting this differently, as if the goblin/worgen Realm Firsts aren't considered racial.

So I will ask flat out:
Specifically, are the achievements "Realm First! Level 85 Lost Isles Goblin" and "Realm First! Level 85 Gilnean Worgen" available in Cataclysm?

how much clearer could they have put it dude. the achieves are gone. worgen and goblin ARE races. how could the achieves not be considered racial when they have the race name in the achieve?
Edited by Bàlgus on 11/10/2010 9:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Warrior
@Pesh, there are no longer any achievements of any kind pertaining to being the first of a specific race to 85. At least, that's how I interpret it.

My thinking is that they are referring to WotLK's previous racial achievement model (just straight Dwarf, Troll, Night Elf, etc.) which were fine since there weren't race/faction changes at the time, but now the paid services complicate things, so we can't have this in Cata.

But the goblin/worgen achievements I linked before are not specifically racial, they have an extra component which distinguishes them from the last set and accounts for the complications.

It is not clear if this distinction is real and whether the achievements are actually available.
Edited by Pesh on 11/10/2010 10:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I see where you get the idea, but they are still a "first race to 85" achievement. There is an extra requirement, but it's obviously still a racial race to 85 achievement. I highly doubt it will still exist. Maybe, anything is possible, but don't expect it.
Reply Quote
Kind of related - Will my level 80's start gaining resting exp bonuses right away with Cataclysm or will I have to log in and out of each one once?
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage

Was looking forward to competing and have had done a lot of prep work already for it =(

Thanks

-Aey

This was done in part to allow for Race changes and such to happen without affecting the Achievements. Class achievements of first to 85 will still be in place however there will not be a first human to 85 achievement for example.
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Warrior

Thanks

-Aey

This was done in part to allow for Race changes and such to happen without affecting the Achievements. Class achievements of first to 85 will still be in place however there will not be a first human to 85 achievement for example.

These were datamined in the early stages of the beta. They are only for goblins and worgen, and have mechanisms to ensure the character started as a goblin/worgen instead of race changing. They are not part of a complete set of racial realm firsts.

They are somewhat unique, and Blizzard hasn't specifically confirmed or denied their availability yet.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]