90 Orc Warrior
I've been testing this item:
http://cata.wowhead.com/item=35501

Eternal Earthstorm Diamond
+12 Dodge Rating and +1% Shield Block Value
Requires at least 2 Blue gems
Requires at least 1 Yellow gems
Item Level 70

It functions by adding 1% to the block amount. I.E., I block for 31% of damage, and crit block for 62% of damage.

Can someone with a beta key please test this item:

http://cata.wowhead.com/item=52293

Eternal Shadowspirit Diamond
Unique-Equipped
+81 Stamina and +5% Shield Block Value
Requires at least 3 Blue gems
Item Level 85

And confirm how it works? It'd be ideal if someone could test it with a paladin and a warrior to confirm. You don't need a huge sample, just a few hits.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
I think he wants to know how much it actually reduces damage taken on blocked hits. Does it scale or is it a flat 5%?
Edited by Kalle on 11/6/2010 9:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Bump for a solid response

If you look on the wowhead website, the gem gives the same buff as the BC and WotLK BV gems; "Eternal Shield: Increases the amount of damage absorbed by your shield by 1%". This is expected since the % modifiers for all past, present, and future gems have generally been the same.

Guessing it's just a typo (maybe from old beta builds before the changes to block) that hasn't been got to yet. Especially since the old BV meta was 5% as well. But i'm guessing you were already suspecting all of this, just hoping and wishing like me.
But still, would like a solid response.

edit: mouse over the "+5% shield block value" in the tooltip of the new meta in the above link, you will see the buff i was talking about. Same buff as used by the current BV meta.
Edited by Jaime on 11/6/2010 9:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Bump for a solid response

If you look on the wowhead website, the gem gives the same buff as the BC and WotLK BV gems; "Eternal Shield: Increases the amount of damage absorbed by your shield by 1%". This is expected since the % modifiers for all past, present, and future gems have generally been the same.

Guessing it's just a typo (maybe from old beta builds before the changes to block) that hasn't been got to yet. Especially since the old BV meta was 5% as well. But i'm guessing you were already suspecting all of this, just hoping and wishing like me.
But still, would like a solid response.

edit: mouse over the "+5% shield block value" in the tooltip of the new meta in the above link, you will see the buff i was talking about. Same buff as used by the current BV meta.

There have been too many Wowhead tooltip errors for me to take them at their word.

Also, there's this identical spell:

http://cata.wowhead.com/spell=46596

@Towelliee: I want to see if the meta increases your block value by 5%, or by 1.5%. IOW, do you block for 45% or for 41.5%
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
I know we had a screenshot in the other forums that was linked where someone had the meta in and when they moused over their block they had 31% instead of 35%.

So that's where we were at least.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Wait, it only adds +1%? I can understand that on a warrior (1.5% rounding down to 1%) but should it be 2% for a paladin? 40*0.05 = 0.02 and all?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
It probably doesn't scale off of HS then

would likely be better to take a few hits and see though
Edited by Cricketz on 11/7/2010 4:11 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Okay. This is most likely a bug then. Like the other poster noted, it's linking to the same buff on wowhead as the 1% block value metas, which do work additively.

I would submit a bug report.

Thanks to Towelliee for checking.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]