Fury with 1 Handers? Anyone trying it?

85 Undead Warrior
It also means less gear competition. The other one-hander classes all want agility, so any strength based one-handers are all mine!

this^
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
I'm actually really excited about one-handed fury again. It was my "classic" fury concept. Dual wielding two-handed weapons never really appealed to me as much as going berserk with two one-handers.

It also means less gear competition. The other one-hander classes all want agility, so any strength based one-handers are all mine!

You're forgetting tanks and Frost DKs. There are tank weapons still, but don't kid yourself by saying a tank won't go for a strength 1h weapon with hit/exp/mastery on it.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
You're forgetting tanks and Frost DKs. There are tank weapons still, but don't kid yourself by saying a tank won't go for a strength 1h weapon with hit/exp/mastery on it.

True, I did forget frost DKs. But, I'm assuming there will still be less of those than of Hunters/Rogues/Enhance Shaman!
Edited by Vandur on 11/8/2010 2:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior

True, I did forget frost DKs. But, I'm assuming there will still be less of those than of Hunters/Rogues/Enhance Shaman!

Depends on your raid group mostly.

The competition for each weapon type really isn't all that different. You've got maybe 2 more specs wanting 2h weapons versus 1h weapons out of 30 possible specs, and given the likelihood of 10 man raiding becoming the raid de jour for most people, you're just not going to see that much competition anyways assuming you've got a fairly balanced raid makeup.
Reply Quote
80 Human Warrior
I also believe SMF and TG warriors reforge differently. I haven't been keeping up on the PvE side of things but I believe that TG warriors (who do a crazy about of damage with RB) would want to get a bit of mastery reforged. SMF warriors (who primarily have everything that isn't RB as their main source of damage) would probably want more haste then mastery. Have people testing SMF taken that into consideration?

Pardon my ignorance, just stating what I believe is true.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
Anyone try it for pvp?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
Gear breaker tore ppl up using SMF, also it may make slam worth while?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdDxr9Zgss8

last 1/4 of the vid is SMF
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
I use it for PvP, its great fun and the utility isn't too bad (everyones obscene damage considered)

But no, slam is still not worthwhile
Reply Quote
Gear breaker tore ppl up using SMF, also it may make slam worth while?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdDxr9Zgss8

last 1/4 of the vid is SMF

Rofl... That guys hilarious...
Reply Quote
87 Orc Warrior
OP
As far as loot competition I imagine that will come down to which DK spec is superior at a given moment considering the vast majority of the DPS DK playerbase will likely be playing the top dps spec
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
There's not really any 1 handers itemized for SMF right now. If it ends up putting out more dps in Cata sure I'll prolly switch but as of now I'm stickin with TG. 2 handers have always been more fun to me anyhow. What's a warrior without a big nasty weapon you can go around and mash faces in with?
Reply Quote
80 Draenei Warrior
Seems like everyone's obsessed with Titans grip,

???
Usually its the other way around. People put on the Nostalgia goggles and start trashing Titan's grip. Running around with dual 2-handers does seem more epic than one handers to me.

Personally, I prefer Arms to Fury.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Warrior
my gear lvl isnt really high, and weaps at only 232... I've been showing better numbers across the board with SMF, using nighttime x 2 vs tyrannical beheader x 2. also, heroic strike is far and away my biggest damage per hit, and slam and RB are practically a dps loss, unless i have rage to spare. maybe it's the gear lvl - around 5700. *shrug*
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Anytime I go the one-hander route I get "why aren't u dps'ing?" remarks in instances, I just can't get the kind of numbers that Titan's grip gets me.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Flurry + Speed of Vyrkul + Executioner + Heroism + potion of speed = 0.8 speed mainhand and offhang swings.

Who needs to play a rogue when you can hit faster in plate!

(Edit: That's with titan's grip - you'd get insanely fast with SMF lol).
Edited by Gnomechomskí on 11/15/2010 10:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warrior
Honestly, the main reason behind the lack of damage from SMF at level 80 is due in fact that we do not have the abilities we will have at 85. Currently we are forced to sit at 100 rage the entire time without inner rage to help with immense damage output.

THOUGH. I wouldn't go SMF at level 80 anyway, because orange pixelz from Shadowmourne are just to pretty to pass up.

P.S. I especially enjoy the purple swirlies. :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]