Clarification on Invincible and 4.0.3

85 Worgen Druid
Blue posters haven't appeared to clarify and I was really hoping for clarification (I am sure many other raiders are interested in the response as well!).

A blue poster stated a few changes with 4.0.3 mount drops, including Invincible and Mimiron's Heads would be set to a much lower droprate than their currently guaranteed droprate when done on hardmode. The post then went on to explain that the ZG pets and mounts would also be removed, but wouldn't be done until the Shattering in 4.0.3A (presumed to be roughly 1 week prior to the release of Cataclysm).

With the ZG changes being in mind, is Blizzard considering not lowering droprates on Invincible/Mimi's head until 4.0.3A? I am 3rd in line for Invincible and the only way I am guaranteed the mount is if the droprate change doesn't occur until 4.0.3A, or 4.0.3 doesn't launch until after the 23rd (which I doubt at this point).

I would really love some clarification on this! It would kinda suck to not get an Invincible, when our guild has been farming the mounts for so long (US 21st LK kill and all).
Reply Quote
38 Human Warrior
It would seem strange for them to implement a mount change before the ZG/Shattering event. Is there anything that leads you to believe this would happen?, I mean it would be a change to 2 mounts and nothing else, I can't imagine they would do that.

I would also try asking this in the Cataclysm forums, as it seems like there are more Blue responses there, than in R&D, especially for a well written post. Personally, I still can't imagine everything being ready by the 7th, with all the beta stuff I have been reading... it will be interesting, I think if anything I'll only ask for like friday off that week or something, I'm too scared Tues-Thurs will be a crashfest.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
Well the blue post stated 4.0.3, so I was hoping for SOME form of clarification on the matter >.<. I would like to hope it own't be until 4.0.3a so I can get my mount!
I am on beta, and it seems fairly good. Bear in mind internal builds are generally miles ahead of the actual beta builds, so a lot of bug fixes could be deployed for the release instead of onto beta. We'll have to wait and see! I'm fairly confident in a December 7th release based on what I've seen.

Specifically this post:
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=27291810112&sid=1
Edited by Affiniti on 11/7/2010 7:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
I think you're just gonna make it
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
They aren't removing Invincible/Mimiron's Head... they are just making them a CHANCE to drop, rather than right now which they are a guaranteed drop.

Edit: Fairly sure these changes are coming in 4.0.31
Edited by Entropia on 11/9/2010 12:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Hush Affiniti, you don't deserve one.

Serious answer, I think it's 4.0.3a. Can't remember the post, but I could've sworn I saw this addressed before.
Edited by Sicarri on 11/9/2010 6:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
6 Troll Priest
they said they was removing Mimiron's Heads
its on the damn sticky on the old website saying mounts removed go read it.
Edited by Moonface on 11/9/2010 7:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
I went back to find the post about 4.0.3a changes... and can't even find it anymore. I really thought it had said mount changes in general and not just referring to ZG.
Anyway good luck hope they clarify it soon.
Edited by Elliora on 11/10/2010 12:50 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Here's the post about mount changes in 4.0.3a

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=27291810112&sid=1&pageNo=1
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
Here's the post about mount changes in 4.0.3a

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=27291810112&sid=1&pageNo=1

I bet if you read my entire post and reply, you would see that I was interested in if it is with 4.0.3 or 4.0.3A. Also I provided a link to the same thread.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
Hush Affiniti, you don't deserve one.
Serious answer, I think it's 4.0.3a. Can't remember the post, but I could've sworn I saw this addressed before.

qqqqqq2u.
"DON'T ARGUE AFFINITI"
Edited by Affiniti on 11/10/2010 3:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
At this point I'm probably not going to win a roll on Invincible before 4.0.3 drops. I'm hoping I can figure out a way to solo Kael'thas in TK at lvl 85.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
Any updates on this?
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
Here is what I think,

The changes with reguards to ToGC/Mount drop % from Northrend Dungeons will probably go live with this patch, things like Zul'Gurub changes won't make any sense since the shattering has not yet made the changes in Eastern Kingdoms/Kalimdor.

Furthermore, achievements in raids such as: The Immortal, The Undying, He Feeds on Your Tears (10/25), Anything to do with Tribute Runs in TOGC, and both Champion/Conqueror of Ulduar - will probably be changed to their respective FoSs as well.

Honestly, Invincible is overrated - Ashes of Al'ar and Mimiron's Head are far better mounts anyway. Take it from someone who has the mount and rides his warbear instead.
Reply Quote
I bet it's 4.0.3a because that's when the world blows up and ZG is now a leveling zone.
So I'd assume the other mounts haven't changed yet as well.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Here is what I think,

The changes with reguards to ToGC/Mount drop % from Northrend Dungeons will probably go live with this patch, things like Zul'Gurub changes won't make any sense since the shattering has not yet made the changes in Eastern Kingdoms/Kalimdor.

Furthermore, achievements in raids such as: The Immortal, The Undying, He Feeds on Your Tears (10/25), Anything to do with Tribute Runs in TOGC, and both Champion/Conqueror of Ulduar - will probably be changed to their respective FoSs as well.

Honestly, Invincible is overrated - Ashes of Al'ar and Mimiron's Head are far better mounts anyway. Take it from someone who has the mount and rides his warbear instead.

All a matter of opinion as far as liking Invincible goes. Lore nerds love him. Pony lovers love him. (I <3 my ponies.)

But the raid achievements are still showing as achievements, not Feats of Strength, which kind of debunks your whole theory. There was also no patch notes clarifying anything, so unless they ninja changed everything, I assume this was just a bug fix and data download patch. Nothing is activated yet.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
My guess would be that the drop rates won't change until 401a, simply because the drop rates of items are probably connected to either the NPC or item databases, and since the primary reason they're nerfing the rates is to keep them from being faceroll-farmed too easily at 85, there's no reason for them to apply a change made to the Cataclysm NPC/item database to the LK one when we'll have rolled over from the LK to the Cata DB at least a week before we're 85.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]