Resto Shamans at 85?

85 Draenei Shaman
I am primarily ele as of now but am very interested in rolling a resto pvp spec. My concern is that while resto shamans are very balanced healers both in bgs and arenas, their survivability seems to be iffy. with no CC and no moves to get out of most CC (besides trinket) are resto shamans just going to be torn to pieces?

I know very little about playing resto in pvp so this is all speculation from what I've experienced as ele.

I would really like to hear from some shamans who have pvp'd in beta at 85. overall bad? overal good? good with the exception of being unable to survive a particular class? etc.

thanks
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
this all sounds very true (and like i said I dont know much about resto pvp, and I know even less about resto arena pvp) but I have a feeling shamans will prove to be valuable to arena teams for other reasons than bloodlust.

What about bg's though? you're a resto shaman surrounded by 10-40 people to heal (depending on the bg). You've got chain heal, yay, heal surge - yay, the new aoe heal healing rain - yay. but wait, a rogue has spotted you! you've been doing so well keeping everyone at top health.....then you get stunned, your trinket is on CD, and in two seconds your dead.

maybe that scenario was a bit inaccurate or exaggerated haha but you get what I mean. How are shamans going to be in bg's? will rogues, warriors and mages still have many huge advantages against us?
Reply Quote
80 Draenei Shaman
Oh the days of running behind warriors and dropping wf totem.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
Precisely why I use my shaman for pve and leave pvp for my rogue n warrior :I

Currently a well geared resto shaman is fairly difficult to drop. I wasn't fortunate enough to get into beta to find out how they fair at 85, but I imagine spiritwalker(?) will be invaluable as a pvp healer.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Precisely why I use my shaman for pve and leave pvp for my rogue n warrior :I

Currently a well geared resto shaman is fairly difficult to drop. I wasn't fortunate enough to get into beta to find out how they fair at 85, but I imagine spiritwalker(?) will be invaluable as a pvp healer.

ive heard spirit walker can be DISPELLED. if that's true...then...wow.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]