Tip: Click on the Lightwell!

First time I've seen that particular loading screen tip; it made me chuckle. Is it new or have I just missed it til now?

I've got a theory - if clicking on the lightwell gave players a crazy visual effect (such as sparks shooting from their rear), forced them to shout a silly emote or gave them a secondary useful buff like a temporary speed buff, they'd click on the blasted thing far more frequently.

Also... It needs to look like a chocolate fondue fountain. Or maybe a champagne fountain.

Good 'ol lolwell.
Reply Quote
80 Human Priest
I've had a better experience, I just declare that its for myself only and use it for all the ambient damage I suffer from encounters.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Its new

since they changed Lightwell so you can click it and get the heal WITHOUT it makign you target it, but people still wont use it

I toss it out in every 5 man Ive healed and 3 times, its been used, and one of those was after the fight was over.

People have a bad memory (or are just to damn lazy to heal themselves) so they are stuck making a damn PSA for it
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Priest
Uh, then they'll just click it before the fight starts and use it all up.

Oh, wait, they do that anyway. =/

This happens to me, cause people don't know what it is. Then they call me a lazy healer. :(
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest

This happens to me, cause people don't know what it is. Then they call me a lazy healer. :(

I put one out right next to people on Sindragosa the other day. The Lightwell despawned with all charges still on it. :[
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman

I put one out right next to people on Sindragosa the other day. The Lightwell despawned with all charges still on it. :[

That implies that even YOU didn't click on it...
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Priest

Well NEITHER did YOU,Tanja!

Don't you read the tips!?!
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest

Pfft. I don't wanna click a Lightwell. Those holy priests are just being lazy healers!!!

^ How was that? Too much? Too little?
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman

.....I'm not even on his server....
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
Too little. You should complain about already being forced to carry and use a Healthstone, and how that's a great burden and that furthermore it's not your job to heal.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest

.....I'm not even on his server....

Well...you COULD be. :D

*HINT HINT*
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
Too little. You should complain about already being forced to carry and use a Healthstone, and how that's a great burden and that furthermore it's not your job to heal.

Oh snap! Right, right. *takes notes* Don't forget about the fact that they have to "run to it to click it, and then change targets back". Because no one knows how new Lightwell works.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest

Oh snap! Right, right. *takes notes* Don't forget about the fact that they have to "run to it to click it, and then change targets back". Because no one knows how new Lightwell works.

I'm too busy looking for fire to stand in until I see a tip telling me not to...

I did chuckle when I saw this lightwell one though, and who would have thought being polite in groups would get you invited back
Edited by Zulander on 11/8/2010 7:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
Is there another class that has a "tip" like this one?

Does that say something about Lolwell itself, the developers or the playerbase?

No, but there is one that says: "Tip: Don't stand in the fire."
Reply Quote
Oh dear... Priest T11.

When told to click on the lightwell, people are going to click us.
Reply Quote
86 Undead Priest
Probably the only way to make use of Lightwell is to just make it similar to totems/the new voidzone style heals.

Just give it an aura area where people will be healed by it passively/get increased heals for X secs, because at the moment, this negligence of it's existence will continue :P

good or bad idea?
Reply Quote
88 Pandaren Priest
I'd like to vote for a minor glyph that changes the look of lightwell! At the moment, it's very insignificant, and in some high graphics fight scenes, it's hard to notice.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I'd like to vote for a minor glyph that changes the look of lightwell! At the moment, it's very insignificant, and in some high graphics fight scenes, it's hard to notice.

Yeah, make it a huge fountain of a barely clothed woman with light pouring from it instead of water. That'll make those men out there click it!
Edited by Hatell on 11/15/2010 4:37 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]