A fan project for Draeneis.

83 Dwarf Shaman
When thinking of the dreanei and the Sunwell... in my view that's a bit a of a sticky wicket as they say.

The naaru bent over backwards to redeem the blood elves. Even sacrificing one of their own so that the elves would return to the Light.

While about eighty percent of the draenei were wiped out on Draenor with little to no help from the naaru. In light of those two different events and the naaru effort in each of them, in my view, that's not something the dreanei want to think about too much.

Perhaps that's a good way to look at it as well, but also the acknowledgment of Velen himself that it was necessary, and the pushback of the Burning Legion (no matter how permanent or temporary it may be). Back one step with me then, ha. At any rate, it might just be difficult to fit in a place for this kind of event, as we only really get them about every month and a half or so (give or take) - in March it'd be tailed from Love is in the Air and closely followed by Noblegarden in early April, as Children's Week starts April 30th.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
I want to see the Exodar explode and in its place a city like Shat be built.
Reply Quote
55 Tauren Death Knight
I want to see the Exodar explode and in its place a city like Shat be built.

Combine the two.

Build a Shattrath like city with the slick, glow-y look of the Exodar.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
Players have been trying to come up with Draenei lore for forever. Where oh where has Lolotea gone?
*Delurks briefly.*

I'm liking the Purim-ersatz idea.

:O.....
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
Welcome back Lolotea. We've been holding the fort. :) Hows things?
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
Am now.
Reply Quote
55 Tauren Death Knight
Players have been trying to come up with Draenei lore for forever. Where oh where has Lolotea gone?
*Delurks briefly.*

/readies pokeball

I'm liking the Purim-ersatz idea.

It would be interesting if thought was put into it. It would be a train wreck if it received the bare minimal work draenei have had so far.

I'd love for it to be a festival with a sombre tone. Maybe tie it into the crystals the draenei have so many of. Like a Festival of Lights, hurf durf.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
Okay, here is a more elaborate example based on the feedback.

it would combine in game lore, a cute event, a dark story and a lore explanation.

The thing happens shortly after the Exodar crash, as Draenei are gradually recovering all survivors. In game, this would be on Blood grind.

So, well, the holyday is a bit based on Saint Lucy. IE, it's a rather cute feast with young draenei girls with candles-the feast of light and such (well, at the very least, Saint Lucy day is really the feast of Light, so it's better than nothing)

On Blood, however, the thing turns bad. Very bad. Blood Watch is attacked by a large force of Blood Elves, as the Manari commander have a very, very, very poor view on the feast

(This is based on the concept of the Headless Horseman. It's funny in game, it's not funny when you read the story)

The story boils downs that it's not exactly ''bad manari hates festival of Light cause she is bad''. The Manari, when she was a Draenei, was captured by Orcs on Draenor after the fall of Shattrath-with her kid sister. A particulary sadistic Guldan (or Nerzhul, whatever fits better) tried to torture her indirectly-by executing her sister in front of her, in a very gruesome way, by a mockery of the Draenei feast (note : without further precision in story. But considering that this is based on Saint Lucy, this is strongly implied that she was tortured like Saint Lucy....which is nightmare inducing)

Reply Quote
80 Draenei Priest
Hey, if you guys want some Cataclysm Draenei lore... I recently discovered that a group of Draenei have moved in with the High Elves in over at Quel'danil Lodge in the Hinterlands.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
There would seem to be, thus, two places in Cata with a change in the Draenei story.

Well, its a start.
Reply Quote
55 Tauren Death Knight
The thing happens shortly after the Exodar crash, as Draenei are gradually recovering all survivors. In game, this would be on Blood grind.

If anything it'd be great if the holiday dates back somewhat far. Draenei are old, they've been around forever. Who knows what kind of awesome, old traditions they may have.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
Yes, the idea is that ''Light's Day'', ''Light Festival'' or whatever, is very old.

(Maybe based on the martyrdom of a draenei on Argus ?)
Reply Quote
55 Tauren Death Knight
Once I get out of class I'll toss out some ideas for the Holiday and hopefully folks here can tie the holiday into lore or say flat out "that won't work."
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
But what you think of my idea to tie the feast we get with what I say ? (It's possible to tie pretty much any feast this way)
Reply Quote
55 Tauren Death Knight
I can't say, for me it'd be fine and fun, but Blizz has done several feast holidays already.

If there's a way to implement it in a different way than the fallen one (table outside Ironforge, forgot the name) or the Thanksgiving one it could work.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
A memorial for Shattrath. That is what I want to see. Held on the day Shattrath fell, and then beyond that, each life lost to battle and war. Make it grim, make it heavy.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
Okay, Purim looks fine-much better than my example

But how do you consider the whole idea to try to tie it to lore (like the example I gave)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]