Friends Don't let Friends....

85 Orc Warrior
Tank for PUGs.

On behalf of all tanks mental well being I strongly recommend ignoring that LFD button from the timeframe of Dec 5th to about mid February.

Teaching the 80%+ of DPS how to cc and assist target and "control" thier aoe and/or early rotation is not worth your sanity.

If que times on beta are any indication most people are already doing this instead of the headache that is LFG. Que times will go through the roof.

PuG heroics probably won't be able to complete the content leading to a "learning class" of players stuck on heroics and not able to get into raids. After getting basically free epics the massive QQ outcry should lead to either content nerfs or blizzard losing some of its casual player base that wotlk has encouraged.

I for one encourage blizzard to stand your ground. However we all know that money talks :(
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I'm on board.

Let the "developing" DPS learn with "developing" tanks.

But, as you say, money talks. I could be rented for teaching said heroics.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I would say friends don't let friends enchant Armsman.
Reply Quote
drink and tank

oh wait, that makes us better.
Reply Quote
I think we are going a little overboard with this belief that the majority of players are unable to adapt to a change in strategy and let us not confuse forcing players to CC again as a change in difficulty. Pressing Polymorph or Banish takes the same skill as pressing Blizzard or Rain of Fire. Will it take time for players to readjust? Absolutely. Will a vocal minority on the forums hate the changes and demand Blizzard revert to Wrath style Heroics? You bet. Will Blizzard massively nerf all of the Cataclysm Heroics and turn them into AoE snooze-fests? Not a chance.

Players adapt, players change. Eleven million (plus) people CC'd their way through TBC Heroics.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Seriously. I don't think tanking LFDs would be even possible without alchohol.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
I'm going to use the LFD and you cannot stop me! It will be hours on entertainment and screenshots about idiot DDs that refuse to accept the change to a use of CC and mob placement.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Priest
Its going to be a horrible experience, so I'm going to avoid both tanking and healing with the LFD tool. Thank god I have a bunch of university friends playing with me, we'll breeze through these randoms.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
My 49/50 in the Looking for Many achievement says hi. :D

The strange thing is I actually feel I have more control when healing, so I will very likely heal pugs in Cataclysm.

But I won't be tanking them.
Edited by Muletia on 11/8/2010 5:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
My 49/50 in the Looking for Many achievement says hi. :D

The strange thing is I actually feel I have more control when healing, so I will very likely heal pugs in Cataclysm.

But I won't be tanking them.

Poor muley...
On the ptr alone I re-earned my pug mini... (the 4.0.1 ptr)
Reply Quote
79 Draenei Shaman
Blizzard is going to cave against the massive onslaught of QQ that everything is too hard.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warrior
Oh hai, I tank for PUGs o/
Still don't have my pet, tho...
Reply Quote
Surely the LFG won't be that bad at release since the dungeons will be the normal levelling ones, not heroics.

How bad can it be????

Actually on reflection I remember getting roughed up pretty badly by Ingvar the Plunderer at 70 and I was in full tier 6.

Raise the sail and set course for fun times ahead..........
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
<---tanks about 2 hours of randoms every night.

I have mouseover salv/bop macros and a whole bunch of fun aoe tools.

I had a damn ret dps last night that did 15,000 dps on Cyanigosa...needless to say he got immediately salved.

Colored me impressed at least.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
I think you'd be surprised to see the amount of dps that is over cautious in new content and a little bit timid compared to the past 2 years of farming the same instances.

With that said I dont doubt that you'll also find some extremely challanged individuals who really have no concept of there class

Ex: went into a toc earlier this week and asked if the rogue had a HaT spec, He replied w/ wtf is hat and said i was bad because i questioned if he knew his class.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
I plan on never queuing solo for dungeons until i at least have my full t11 set.

This is what friends are for and i have good friends. Too bad 2 of them happen to be healers so itll be kind of difficult finding out which one of them gets to dps or heal.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior
wut
I look forward to getting my guild expierence by doing guild runs. What is the random people you talk about. Refuse to CC? /gkick.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I could be rented for teaching said heroics.

I fully support this idea. Some tanks are already selling queue positions. Why not charge a little more to offer to walk some new people through a dungeon?

Of course, I have every intention of hitting that random button until I either get enough justice points or get sick of horrible groups. My personal experiences point to me getting enough justice points before encountering enough horrible groups. People are generally nice if you give them the chance to be. Just don't start off confrontational.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]