Lionheart Champion and Blazefury Questions

85 Blood Elf Paladin
Have the Lionheart patterns and the Fireguard, Blazeguard and Blazefury patterns been removed from the game?

I went looking today and had been working through the quest lines to open these and farming mats when I had some free time on an alt DK and I got to where I should be able to learn them and I can's find anybody who will train me the pattern.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Reply Quote
80 Gnome Rogue
It seems that a lot of recipes from a lot of professions are missing :/ This is the third post I've seen about it. That would make missing recipes from Blacksmithing, Alchemy, and Jewel Crafting.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Anybody know if there was a blue post on it anywhere about these and the other patterns they were removing, if this was intentional or a bug. I looked but was unable to find anything.
Reply Quote
91 Human Paladin
I have been trying to find this out. As of right now there is not official response to the issue. What apears to have happened however is that when the Specializations were removed the tags on the plans themselves were never changed, therefore rendering them missing.
This appears to be a bug however because before 4.0.1 was released its was stated the when these specializations were going to be removed, the plans would be available to everyone with the appropriate skill level.
On further investigation, there seems to be no set time ate which this issue will be fixed as the PTR currently is on 4.0.3 and no fix is in sight.
Still waiting to hear if the issue is resolved in beta or an official blizzard response.
Edited by Eagleeye on 11/9/2010 1:30 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
:( This is disappointing. I feel another WotLK specialization fiasco coming on.

I really hope that we won't have to wait four months into cata to have this issue fixed.
Reply Quote
50 Troll Hunter
Yeah - Leatherworking too.

My pants no longer fit me. :(

I worked like crazy to get Dragonscale Leatherworking so I could have these great bop pants that require Dragonscale Leatherworking just to wear and after the patch, I lost my specialization but the pants didn't. I still have the pattern in my Leatherworking page but the pants show as red/broken and I don't get any benefit from them as long as they have that 'requires Dragonscale Leatherworking' on them.

My main is also a Leatherworker and while he still has all of his Dragonscale plans, they all show with red 'requires Dragonscale Leatherworking' on them and I also can't go learn any of the former Tribal and Elemental Leatherworking patterns.
Reply Quote
47 Night Elf Druid
As of yesterday 11/12/10 you can learn all the different specialized leatherworking recipes from the regular trainer now but there is still the requirement on the item so you cannot equip it.
Reply Quote
As of yesterday 11/12/10 you can learn all the different specialized leatherworking recipes from the regular trainer now but there is still the requirement on the item so you cannot equip it.

So its a bug? Man I hope so I was really looking forward to making some swords and hammers I was denied cause I chose armor over the other specializations. Though I guess only time will tell.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Death Knight
I just got done talking to a GM, and I was told that they weren't sure what they were going to do with the items that require a specific type of skill. They hinted that the items may be going away altogether. I was also told to wait and see and to "just move on" in the meantime.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Warrior
There was a post on the old forums. The specialties for BS, LW and Tailoring went away (although the patterns were left in your spell book but would be unusable if you made it since the specialty is required). It wouldn't surprise me if all those recipes were deleted from the game since they are now unusable.

Also Alchemy and JC recipes that produced items providing stats removed for Cataclysm were deleted. For example, gems that provided ArPen were deleted.
Reply Quote
91 Human Paladin
Blizzard isn't known for deleting items from the game people already have, therefore I lean twits them fixing the problem rather than removing it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]