Restoration Healing

85 Troll Druid
Hi all,

Just wanted to get some input from others on how they are picking up their team mates who take heavy damage very quickly.

Typically I will have lifebloom on the tank and, rather than using nourish to refresh the stack, I will just recast lifebloom. My reason for this is that lifebloom is simply just still too slow and I can't stand relying on its slow cast time to keep a stack up.

For everyone else I tend to roll a rejuv on people taking minor damage and regrowth on those taking medium to heavy damage.

Regrowth seems to have a bigger burst heal and has the HoT on top of it and seems to do a decent job.

Swiftmend (with my efflorescence talent) seems to get some pretty heavy use - I find that it does seem to pick people up BUT only those people who are in the circle.

So I find myself in a tight spot when swiftmend is on CD and when people aren't in range of the efflorescence.

Any tips anyone can give me or even an explanation of their style of healing would be most appreciated.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
Pretty much the same. I can see Nourish is the super mana efficient spell, but being just as slow as healing touch, it's kind of pointless.... For now...

The issue is that currently we have far too much mana. Far too much. That will change at 85. and I read there is another nerf to druid mana regen coming somewhere there. Once that hits, and we are all 85, I'm sure healing will change.

For now, yeah, we can live on lifebloom, rejun, swiftmend, wild growth and regrowth. Hope that changes, cause it's kinda boring :P
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Thanks for the tips guys, if you have any more please post them. Might help others.
Reply Quote
81 Night Elf Druid
Given the current state of our mana I wont even bother nourishing the tank, if he needs a direct heal I usually just regrowth or let the LB stack bloom.

For quick healup from big group damage WG, rejuv the group and pop swiftmend for Eff then spot regrowth as needed usually doing a quick refresh on the tanks LB stack or letting it bloom depending on how much healing the tank currently needs.

if its sustained aoe ill usually stagger WG and swiftmend and keep rejuvs up.

I doubt nourish will see much use until we get into Cata.
Edited by Thaldonir on 11/6/2010 1:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
In the situation you've described, it sounds like you're mostly raid healing+LB on the tank.
Hopefully your WG is on CD, you've got RJ rolling on as many targets as you can, and SM is on cooldown too (hopefully Eff'd a group of players (melee or the tanks)).

So you have the following options given the current state of your cooldowns:

1)Switch LB off the tank and onto troubled target. Not a great option. Only advisable if you have the time for the ramp-up, the 3 GCDs, and you know the target will continue to take damage past the spike.

2)Cast HT or Nourish. Not even a feasible option. They will likely be dead, or another healer wil have topped them off first. I wouldn't even waste my time.

3)Cast Regrowth. This is 90% of the time going to be it. It is designed for exactly the scenario you listed above... emergancy quick, heavy heal. With my haste I have regrowth down to a 1.09 cast. It hits hard, and leaves a HoT. In cata, we will not be spamming it due to its expensive mana cost, so even though we tend to spam it now, once we break that bad habit because of mana @ 85, this situation is exactly when you will be using it.

4)Tranq. Get used to using it again, as they made it amazing. It may not be the best for this situation here if the target is the only one taking the unpredicted spike dmg, but even if he is and you won't need it, it can put out some big heals fast, and leave a nice hot on the target. If multiple people are taking dmg, look out--you just jumped crazy high on the meters.

5)ToL. Maybe/maybe not recomended. Just wasting the 1 GCD to get into form and then even an insta-RG will take almost as long as if you just cast Regrowth by itself. Just like tranq, it will work in this situation, but unless other factors help to contribute to you getting the full use of your ToL CD (needing the extra WG targets, LBing a few targets, etc...), it might be worth saving. It might not. Maybe you want to pop it just to see good o' tree form again. I'd be lying if i said i didn't do it for that reason too sometimes!

The over all winner = Regrowth. But you do have other options. Know the fights, understand the incoming dmg, and choose the right one.

Edit: You could also NS+HT, and old druid standby, but niether you or I are specced into it atm.
Edited by Ottobot on 11/6/2010 2:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Yea, So it seems that most people are doing the same thing as me then. I kinda had this nagging feeling I was being a plebian noob and missing something but I guess not.

Our current state is a bit sad really. Really disappointed, I really wanted to play my druid into cata.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
way i heal sence patch is keep rejuv up on raid damage it can handle most of it

always keep LB on your tank/ot that is your mana regen right there

know when big raid damage is coming and use wildgrowth on it+rejuv

tranq is kinda just your o%#%# button when there is massive raid damage pop tranq

i dont sugest using tree form with the insta cast regwowth because that is a massive mana dump use it for wildgrowth if anythign for the 2 extra targets
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
100 Night Elf Druid
Regrowth goes on people who need a quick direct heal at level 80.

If multiple people are in serious danger of dieing, I have been using tranquility a lot more since it got a huge buff in 4.0.1.

Nourish & HT become more important tools at 85 healing.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Nourish and Healing Touch are just taking up unused space on my bars. I haven't used Healing Touch outside of Nature's Swiftness since vanilla, and I haven't touched Nourish since the patch. Both of them take way too long to cast to be worth bothering with, and while Nourish is very efficient, mana is not at all a concern at level 80.

My typical healing rotation begins with a 3 stack of Lifebloom on the tank, after which I blanket Rejuvs on the raid and use WG on cooldown. I will Swiftmend for Efflorescence if I anticipate damage going out to a grouped section of the raid. If someone needs healing faster than Rejuv can handle, and my Swiftmend is also down, I will cast Regrowth. That's pretty much it.

Nourish is ONLY good in its current iteration to refresh LB. Sure, you could just instacast LB but why? You aren't doing anything anyway.

If you're "not doing anything", you're doing something wrong. With the change to Rejuv's duration, even in in 10 mans I am constantly GCD locked; you should be keeping up Lifebloom and Rejuv on the main tank at all times, you should be keeping Wild Growth on cooldown at all times, and you should be keeping Rejuv blanketed on your raid intelligently and as much as possible. Even if your entire raid is at full HP, if you anticipate a target to be taking any damage at any time in the next 12 seconds, you should have a Rejuv on that target; druids' strength is their proactive healing that bridges the gap between damage taken and the time you and your other healer(s) have to react and cast. If you have time to cast Nourish, you're either in a 5 man, a situation where there is no raid damage going out at all, or not taking advantage of your proactive heals.

HDW10: Put everything on the dragon. Use EF on CD ON the dragon. Keep LB rolling on her with nourish refreshes until the portal, where it will bloom. Try and pop off an extra LB cast and pop SM on her when heading in.

I especially wouldn't use Nourish here. Nourish is an incredibly low HPS heal, and you are not at all limited by mana in this encounter; both Regrowth and Healing Touch do significantly more HPS than a Nourish cast, even accounting for the GCDs lost every Lifebloom refresh.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
alot of this is good advice but in the end it all comes down to how smart your raid group is if there is people standing the "Fire" not spreading out or not grouping up letting the vollyball hit the floor all this comes down to raid damage
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Another good piece of advice...is to trust your heals, too. I know that might sound weird, but don't panic and start spamming them when you don't need to. Like if a player is taking moderate damage, hit them with a RJ, and then wait to see how the heal is taking care of the damage.
Edited by Pbox on 11/8/2010 12:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Druid
I do the same thing, on tank I stack LB , add a RG when needed for low health.I continue to stack LB unless I feel I want to let it expire to get the burst healing from it. Whenever SM is available to use on tank click it to get EFF. Raid gets RJ and WG throughout fight and RG if they are losing too much health.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I'm not in beta, but basically can it be said right now that Nourish is quite useless at 80, but at 85 it will come into play much more?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I'm not in beta, but basically can it be said right now that Nourish is quite useless at 80, but at 85 it will come into play much more?

Yes, much more. To give you an idea, My epic premade 85 druid's unbuffed rejuvs tick for 3581 (out of 113k, as a healer) and costs 4845 mana, out of 93k. My live druid's unbuffed rejuvs tick for 2594 (out of 30,807, as a healer) and costs 699 mana, out of 35k. Basically, all of your heals are half as effective and cost six times as much.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
the biggest problem I have on my druid is mana efficiency. It used to be I'd never run out, but since the patch I can't seem to hold onto my pool as long.

This could be because I'm used to healing as a Disc priest with a never-ending mana pool, so i'm not as used to keeping an eye on it as I should, but even then I feel like there is something i could improve on. I saw someone post on here to "trust your heals...", this could be the issue, but idk...
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Personally, I found that easing up on Flash of Light/Regrowth spam on my Pally & Druid has helped a LOT with my mana troubles.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
the biggest problem I have on my druid is mana efficiency. It used to be I'd never run out, but since the patch I can't seem to hold onto my pool as long.

This could be because I'm used to healing as a Disc priest with a never-ending mana pool, so i'm not as used to keeping an eye on it as I should, but even then I feel like there is something i could improve on. I saw someone post on here to "trust your heals...", this could be the issue, but idk...

Have you started rolling Lifebloom yet? Revitalize is massive on live right now. I was able to reforge pretty much all of my spirit off my gear because of it.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Spam Wildgrowth and keep LB, Rejuv and Swiftmend up on the tank. Wildgrowth + Rejuv and you'll hardly touch RG.

I have had no problems with keeping up mana at all.
Edited by Ferrus on 11/9/2010 6:24 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]