Warlocks, best memory

85 Human Warlock
Hey guys to celebrate the new forms i want to ask my fellow warlocks what their best memory about their warlock was before the cataclysm hits! I have to say mine were all the pet quests back in vanilla, getting my Imp at Northshire Abby, getting my Voidwalker in Stormwind in the Slaughtered Lamb, getting my Succubus in the Slaughtered Lamb again, getting my Felhunter in the Barrens, getting my Infernal in Felwood, and finally doing the long quest line to get my Doomguard in the Blasted Lands. What i have to say i enjoyed the most about these quests is the fact that you had to fight the pet you were trying to get and kill it in order for you to learn how to summon it. My favorite of all these quests was when i got my Dreadsteed, the long quest line, and the final reward of the mount. All of these quests i couldnt have done without the help of the other warlocks in on my server who told me where i should go and helped me with the hard parts of these quests.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
I have to also say that my best memory is getting my dreadsteed :). Getting the long quest line and Going through Dire Mall and collecting the 3-4?(don't remember how many it was ><) items you needed to summon the boss for the mount. haha will never forget! oh! and also getting my Imp too :D
Reply Quote
Dreadsteed quest for sure, it was long and fun! I wish they didn't remove it honestly. I still have the items for it in my bank I believe, I haven't checked in a while, and I know I'd never sell them.
Edited by Nynie on 11/5/2010 11:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
having my felhunter dispel polymorph from myself and then go on to counterspell the mage

oh how I miss the old devour
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
Doing the Doomguard quest chain or nerd raging to groups to please help get my dread mist shoulders from the worst boss in Scholomance

Con Brio! Great guild, run by really nice people. Shout out to you guys.

Best warlock memory was probably when patch 4.0 hit and my soul shard bag actually turned into an actual bag and gave me the much needed space i've needed for years.
Reply Quote
1. Collecting the parts and the crafting the Core Felhound bag from Molten core. Have said bag last through all the expansions since vanilla.

2. Linking said bag and getting all the whispers from new locks.

3. When fear wasn't on diminishing returns

4. Getting cheaper (only slightly) epic mounts

5. Spell/Fire Stones =<

6. The introduction of Death Coil and how many tears flowed after from all the non warlock players.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Doomguard and dreadsteed quests
i enjoyed the hell out of shadowfury as well when it was released a little before BC
Edit:
Also like the warlock before me
"when fear wasnt on diminishing returns"
Edited by Dremorius on 11/6/2010 12:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warlock
I definitely enjoyed getting all the Demons. Back in vanilla it actually seemed like you accomplished something by doing the quests.. even though they were a pain in the ass most of the time. like traveling into the Barrens in your 20s on a pvp server to start your succubus quest. i remember getting lost for hours and getting #@*!d by higher level players. making my way to Ashenvale to get to the tree. i guess things back then were supposed to be more challenging.. i only wish you still had to do the quests to get the demons.

Also liked getting my infernal and doomguard. fun quests chains, and fun to go into goldshire to get a few lowbies to help summon the DG. Banish it and run. drop combat and watch the DG, or infernal depending on what you summoned destroy the town. I know i wasn't very nice, but people had fun with it.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warlock
dreadsteed and succubus quests, just love them

then i could kill people underwater just with fear
first time playing with meta was fun too
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
I enjoyed making some people 10 levels higher than me run away in pvp areas back in BC... (With another account... I wish those had been mine so I could had kept all my old characters)
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
Man, there are just so many good times, let me count them:

1) Out of all the demon quests, the most memorable was the felhunter. So much time and effort, running around and collecting stuff. Still can't pronounce the little bugger's name.

2) While leveling, soloing the last boss in slave pens at like, 10% health. That's when I realized we cannot die. Ever.

3) Anything with Niby the Almighty. Every time I go to farm for a Disgusting Oozling, I make sure to give him a /wave. I hope that he and Impsy survive the Cataclysm. At least he'll always be in ICC.

4) Using Meta for the first time. Immediately started freaking out over how awesome I am.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
When i Hit the "Create Character" Button.
Best.
Moment.
of.
my.
Life.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
Man, there are just so many good times, let me count them:

1) Out of all the demon quests, the most memorable was the felhunter. So much time and effort, running around and collecting stuff. Still can't pronounce the little bugger's name.

2) While leveling, soloing the last boss in slave pens at like, 10% health. That's when I realized we cannot die. Ever.

3) Anything with Niby the Almighty. Every time I go to farm for a Disgusting Oozling, I make sure to give him a /wave. I hope that he and Impsy survive the Cataclysm. At least he'll always be in ICC.

4) Using Meta for the first time. Immediately started freaking out over how awesome I am.

Oh yea, meta is pretty badass. I can't wait for this guy to be a goblin warlock and then meta every time I'm RPing and someone calls me short. >.<
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warlock
I started playing as a warrior since about 2 months after the game launched and i remembered seeing people summon inferno's and doomguards and unleashing them in the barrens killing all the low levels. Definitely the reason why i became a lock right then and there.
Reply Quote
Summoning people off the edge of a cliff.

Getting my succubus on a PvP server. >.<

Tanking Twin Emps, Leothras, Illidan, Erydar Twins, and Blood Princes.

Being a debuff class. D:

Getting people killed with Infernal/Doomguard antics. :D

When Ritual of Souls and Summon Doomguard had the same animation. >:D
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
Living to see the creation of Death Coil, and proceeding to watch as every other class in the game cried for about 2 solid years.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
1. Back in classic: In Hearthglen, looking for a rare spawn mob that droped a BS pattern for a paladin friend. The mob spawned, but trying to grab it too fast, he pulled three packs of mobs. He yelled "Run!", but hey, bubble-hearth is for pallys, not warlocks. I proceeded to dig in and kill. Siphon Life and Corruption on everything, my VW trying to hold aggro but utterly failing (still, a well timed sac and FD resummon was helpful). Even had respawns during the fight. Killed over 30 regular mobs and one of those elites that wander around. He got his pattern.

2. Dreadsteed quest. DM West. Best. Fight. Ever. It was about 2 AM by me, I was fighting exhaustion, but I just had to do it. Several mistakes were made (some by me, even), but in the end, I had my ride. That was a rush!

3. BC, Netherstorm. Helping a resto druid friend get the Arc key. Had to gather 10 badges to unlock the quest chain, I pulled the whole Heap. All of them. Things were dying left and right, my FG was zipping around all over. Pure, utter chaos.

4. All the people who rolled warlock alts after I helped them do various things. None of them made it to 30 that I recall. Still, knowing that your play just caused someone to roll a class, awesome feeling.

5. First time killing Prince in Kara. I still love all the Kara fights. The only old raids I don't have to be dragged to are Kara and (soon to be) Ulduar. Those are just awesome raids.

6. First warlock-roulette summon of a doomguard. I has SS'd myself, and sure enough, I was the sac. Watching the DG kill the rest of the group, rezzing and enslaving. It was sheer power.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Russian Roulette, fun times. Dreadsteed quest, also very much fun. First Kara clear. First Kael Kill. Tanking h Mech. 4hr+ wsgs w/ myself as most flag caps, and returns. Felpuppy quest.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]