Question regarding Inquisition in beta.

(Locked)

Is it dispellable?
80 Blood Elf Paladin
Is it dispellable?

I can't be sure if it can be dispelled as I haven't tested it. During Rated BG's today I'm pretty sure when the Mage was spam spell stealing trying to get my Wings he took my Inquisition and Zealorty. Either that or it just ended at the same time he took everything else from me.
Edited by Requital on 11/5/2010 10:26 PM PDT
80 Draenei Paladin
Hijacking this thread to complain about mages.
I hate them, they are dumb and full of stupid :(
Hijacking this thread to complain about mages.
I hate them, they are dumb and full of stupid :(

Reading this made me lol hard. My hat goes off to you space goat.
90 Human Paladin
most everything paladins do excluding seals are dispellable. it is with this in mind that many people are ignoring inquiry of faith when speccing for pvp, as inquisition is simply not worth using when it will immediately be stripped by anyone with the capacity to do so.
What bothers me about that, Martana, and the reason I asked the question at all, is because it is ridiculous for Blizzard to balance our damage output around something that can easily be spam dispelled. This puts retribution's damage output at the mercy of anyone on the opposing team with an offensive dispel. Avenging Wrath and Zealotry are one thing, but our overall DPS isn't balanced entirely around having them - it is balanced around sustaining Inquisition at level 85.
Are you stating that it is, in fact, dispellable, Martana?
80 Blood Elf Paladin
I'll test it this morning between College games.
Edited by Requital on 11/6/2010 9:41 AM PDT
It is as far as I know.

Also, purge/dispel/spell steal needs to be massively nerfed or changed. Its a load of crap that this one sole spell can shut us down so much by spamming, with such a relatively low mana cost...

Though I wouldn't mind a lashback of the likes of UA, either silence them or some other debuff.
80 Blood Elf Paladin
We need a UA effect on our Wings imo so sick of losing them to random Mage #4928475 who just happened to be in range when I used them.
We need a UA effect on our Wings imo so sick of losing them to random Mage #4928475 who just happened to be in range when I used them.

For wings I'd love to see them appear upside down with a debuff of "take x% more damage"
80 Blood Elf Paladin
You guys will like this..... Not

10:32:30.06: [Requ] gains [Requ's] [The Art of War].
10:32:34.47: [Requ's] [The Art of War] is dispelled by [Lilshammy's] [Purge].

10:32:36.07: [Requ] gains [Requ's] [Hand of Light].
10:32:38.62: [Requ's] [Hand of Light] is dispelled by [Lilshammy's] [Purge].

10:32:40.87: [Requ] gains [Requ's] [Inquisition].
10:32:41.62: [Requ's] [Inquisition] is dispelled by [Lilshammy's] [Purge].

10:32:51.21: [Requ] gains [Requ's] [Zealotry].
10:32:53.73: [Requ's] [Zealotry] is dispelled by [Lilshammy's] [Purge].

There you have it. Purge > Paladin
Edited by Requital on 11/6/2010 10:39 AM PDT
85 Tauren Paladin
dispel has always been the bane of paladins
Guess I'll level my feral druid to 85 first, then. Thanks, Requital.
You guys will like this..... Not
10:32:30.06: [Requ] gains [Requ's] [The Art of War].
10:32:34.47: [Requ's] [The Art of War] is dispelled by [Lilshammy's] [Purge].
10:32:36.07: [Requ] gains [Requ's] [Hand of Light].
10:32:38.62: [Requ's] [Hand of Light] is dispelled by [Lilshammy's] [Purge].
10:32:40.87: [Requ] gains [Requ's] [Inquisition].
10:32:41.62: [Requ's] [Inquisition] is dispelled by [Lilshammy's] [Purge].
10:32:51.21: [Requ] gains [Requ's] [Zealotry].
10:32:53.73: [Requ's] [Zealotry] is dispelled by [Lilshammy's] [Purge].
There you have it. Purge > Paladin

You forgot the last one:
[Requ's] [Class] is removed by [Lilshammy's] [Purge]
We all know how much Paladins were susceptible to dispel spams, even prior to 4.0.1. Thats not the issue. The issue is now HOW MUCH. Dispel resistance talents are gone, and all of our new goodies, ALL, are dispellable, while the class itself offers up very little trash buffs to protect them. Spamming Righteous Fury doing HoF trying to catch up to a Mage only works so often y'know.
At the very LEAST, Hand of Light and Inquisition should not be dispellable. Thats not even up for argument. There's no reason 2 abilities that Ret is revolving around right now should be so easily countered.

Second edit: This also goes against Blizzards stated design plan for Cata. They said they wanted to get away from dispel spamming as it offers up very little evidence of skill necessary, and as a whole, is not a fun strategy (whatever, I know those Shaman's enjoy purging every last buff off us and would love to continue to do so). The fact nothing has been done to remedy the situation is a bit disheartening.
Edited by Masonis on 11/6/2010 2:20 PM PDT
80 Human Paladin
Inquisition's problems go beyond being dispellable.

Inquisition is a fairly useless skill.

Why would you ever use it over one of your other holy power abilities? The only function I used it for was as a leveling holy paladin.

Ret and Prot have vastly superior options, and as holy, the uptime is terrible. ESPECIALLY now with the Blessed Life nerf.

Inquisition just needs to be reworked.

85 Blood Elf Paladin
Hand of Light and Zealotry should NOT be dispellable. That's terrible. :(

HoF, wings, I can live with those being dispellable since they're pretty powerful spells and it would be OP if they couldn't. But they can dispel our mastery procs? Really? AND our 31pt talent? This needs to be fixed.

Inquisition? I have no intention of using that in pvp ever for the same reason I don't use Zeal right now. Why waste those 3 charges on an ability that requires me to be in melee range to utilize when half the time I'm either kiting someone or being kited. Zeal will be a lot more useful when it doesn't eat HP to activate, but Inq will probably always be a raid-only thing.

Inq was Blizz's half-baked idea to make paladin rotations more interesting. Imo just because we have combo points now doesn't mean we need a Savage Roar/Slice and Dice equivalent.
80 Draenei Paladin
I only wish Inquisition was all damage and not just Holy damage :(
(also, NOBODY EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION!)
85 Blood Elf Paladin
NOBODY EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION!

THEY SURE DON'T!

Part of me wants to macro that to Inq at 85. MY GUILD WILL BE TOO BUSY LAFFIN' TO BE HATIN'
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]