aq scepter quest

(Locked)

i am absolutely sick and tired of being told this quest has been removed. it OBVIOUSLY hasn't and i cannot understand why no gm will help me. i see peoples' wowarmory pages every day saying they've completed the two quests i needed to do POST patch (though the "acquired item" feature) and i absolutely cannot fathom WHY it is available for so many and not for me. i would say an example of one of those people but my last ticket was completely closed and i cannot remember the name. that person told me to use him in my ticket. you guys can probably look that up, yeah?
i was working on this quest well before the announcement of a feat of strength and i was letting friends roll on elementium ore so i wasn't hogging it all, but i thought i had time considering it was stated it wasn't to be removed until 4.0.3
quite honestly if those people aren't supposed to be able to get the quest then why should they get rewarded with a feat of strength? i'm so frustrated with this because i am literally almost completely done. i'm a turn-in quest away from the entire chain being complete. i'm sorry for the tone of my post but i am just to the point of wanting to pull my hair out.
the character is fjorgyn on dalvengyr.
Edited by Frisky on 11/6/2010 1:08 AM PDT
60 Night Elf Hunter
This would be better off posted in the Customer Service forums but even then they would probably tell you to write an in-game ticket.
Out of curiosity which part are you unable to complete?
Edited by Kiingah on 11/6/2010 1:10 AM PDT
er i seem to have accidently posted this in general discussion? could have sworn i was in the customer service forums
the might of kalimdor and treasure of the timeless one are unobtainable to me.
i've done ui resets, multiple ones. i've scaled the ui. nothing there.

i've also had multiple in-game tickets. i really liked the response telling me to do a full ui reset after i said i did that in the ticket :[
Edited by Frisky on 11/6/2010 1:12 AM PDT
100 Human Paladin
Are there parts of that quest chain that cannot be completed in a raid group? And if so, are you in a raid group while trying to activate those specific parts of the quest chain? I understand it is an epic quest, and you need to raid for some parts of it, but I'm not sure if the WHOLE THING is flagged as a (Raid) quest.

That's always my #1 go-to check when a quest is behaving oddly.
60 Night Elf Hunter
Do you have the scepter in your inventory?
i am not in a raid group and i do not have the scepter in my inventory
60 Night Elf Hunter
Go visit Anachronos in Tanaris.

Have you completed all three scepter shard quest lines? (Red, Green and Blue).
Have you turned all 3 shards into Anachronos?

If so have you talked to Anachronos again to recieve the scepter? (It is not via a quest, its from a gossip option your able to select only after turning each shard piece in)
Edited by Kiingah on 11/6/2010 1:21 AM PDT
i've been protecting the poo out of that dragon. i haven't let a single horde touch him in days :(
constantly checking him over and over to see if he finally offers me the quest or the dialogue to get the scepter.

and yes i've turned in all scepter shard quests
is there a command to automatically select the gossip option even if i can't see it? maybe that'll fix it
60 Night Elf Hunter
You shouldn't need to protect him as he is most likely friendly or if he is attacked he despawns before death and has a very quick respawn time. Are you talking to the right dragon?

Do you remember the last quest you completed?
I suggest you check this: http://www.wowpedia.org/The_Scepter_of_the_Shifting_Sands_quest_chain
Check you have completed it all.

If you still can't get the quest, ticket a GM and make sure you mention the quest is going to be removed in 4.0.3 (next patch) and not 4.0.1. Also say that you have completed the three shard turn-in quests (mention them by name and ask him to check your quest history).

Quest names are:
  • The Wrath of Neptulon - Blue
    Nefarius's Corruption - Red
    The Champion Returns - Green

• Edited by Kiingah on 11/6/2010 1:34 AM PDT
    that was more of me saying how long i've been standing there unfortunately. definitely talking to the right one lol.

i have completed all of those quests. i've only done the chain once and i remember doing them all. i will reopen a ticket.
    60 Night Elf Hunter
    that was more of me saying how long i've been standing there unfortunately. definitely talking to the right one lol.

i have completed all of those quests. i've only done the chain once and i remember doing them all. i will reopen a ticket.

Mention as much as possible by name and ask the GM to check your quest history to prove you have completed it, they may be able to just send you the scepter if Anachronos is refusing to give it up.
    Well... I WAS going to do this chain like, today, but reading this post has made me think "screw that, I'm not going to go through that hard work just for it to bug out on me" :P
    If you have the Scepter in your inventory, you should know that Treasures of the Timeless One is NOT given by Anachronos. It is given by the guy next to the Scarab Gong.

Had me confused too.

i do not have the scepter in my inventory. i know who gives treasure of the timeless one.
    might of kalimdor should be my next quest, but that is not offered until AFTER i get my scepter
    i have already tried that. he unfortunately offers me nothing.

i have heard of this bugging out before 4.0.1 and before the chain was announced to be removed.

this being anachronos not offering the gossip option.
    60 Night Elf Hunter
    You're not going to get Might of Kalimdor, for obvious reasons. It might be worth a trek to Silithus to see if Jonathan the Revelator has a gift for you.

What obvious reason would that be?
    If he has completed all three shard quests, then it should be offered.

If you do not complete the quest Might of Kalimdor, Jonathan will offer you no quests.

Well... I WAS going to do this chain like, today, but reading this post has made me think "screw that, I'm not going to go through that hard work just for it to bug out on me" :P

Good luck with that... you need two runs of BWL. You need the head of the Third Boss, but the second boss gives the quest to obtain the red scepter shard LATER.

Already done the one to get head of the broodlord.
    This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]