Boring Retribution Talents

85 Blood Elf Paladin
There are several talents that need to be changed in the Retribution tree. Some of these talents either just increase damage, crit chance, or are just plain boring and underwhelming. Here are a list of talents which could stand to be changed:

Crusade
Rule of Law
Eye for an Eye
Guardian's Favor
Seals of Command
Inquiry of Faith
Selfless Healer
Arbiter of the Light (Holy tree)
Protector of the Innocent (Holy Tree)

Crusade, rule of law, and arbiter of the light are basically just flat dps increases, which are supposed to be weeded out. Getting rid of some of these can make room for some nice utility talents (both offensive and defensive as we are lacking in both atm).

Seals of command should buff each damaging seal to add a nice ret only utility. the righteousness seal buff is a good start. The other seals (especially justice) can also get a nice utility added here so that the seals do not become too powerful for the other specs.

Selfless healer and protector of the innocent should merge. As it is, protector of the innocent is now completely useless (why is it when thing are nerfed, they are ridiculously nerfed). To make selfless healer more useful, we should also benefit from the heal when we use it on others. Either make it heal us too, or give us a shield.

Guardian's favor is redundant with acts of sacrifice. Buffing spells we already have is not fun utility, and its really not fun when we need 2 separate talents to do so.

Eye for an Eye is just weird. Its useless against melee and i cant really tell if it helps me against casters. I'm sure it does, but its passive and lame.

Inquiry of faith just increases the duration on inquisition (increasing durations and lowering cooldowns seems to be all our talents do) and increases damage to censure. I think its fine, since you dont want inquisition to be up all the time for prot, but something else can be added here.

All in all, there are too many underwhelming talents and i think these are what is holding retribution back from getting real utility. I know that in 4.1 more passive talents will be removed, but i want to make sure these talents are highlighted as lame so they can get changed when it happens.

P.S. how do i change my avatar!
Edited by Thantor on 11/6/2010 6:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Priest
Crusade
Rule of Law
Eye for an Eye
Guardian's Favor
Seals of Command
Inquiry of Faith
Selfless Healer
Arbiter of the Light (Holy tree)
Protector of the Innocent (Holy Tree)
The goal with the reformation of the talent trees was to eliminate a lot of the static, percentage-based increases that affect your spellbook globally. As such, the people in charge probably consider talents like Crusade, Rule of Law, Seals of Command, Inquiry of Faith, and Arbiter of the Light to be interesting because they affect specific abilities (emphasizing some over others, which can influence your playstyle), and several of them make direct changes to how your abilities function. The cooldown reductions on Guardian's Favor, for example, make a big difference in how those abilities "feel" and how liberal you can be with their use.

The others (Eye for an Eye, Selfless Healer, Protector of the Innocent) are certainly more specialized/situational, but are the kind of effects you're going to feel when you're in a position to take advantage of them. Eye for an Eye, for example, makes a compromise between potential damage and how frequently you'll see it work, so that it'll occur relatively often, but you'll also be able to see some noticeable numbers when it does proc.
P.S. how do i change my avatar!
Edited by Believe on 11/6/2010 1:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]