Will Enchantments overtake Runeforging?

85 Human Death Knight
Anyway, in order to scale properly, Runeforging needs to use percentage values instead of flat values, which is what it does now. Thing is, Fallen Crusader used to be +30% strength. They nerfed it way too much imho.

You also have to take into account that runeforging is free, which is another big advantage it provides to DKs.

FC was only really nerfed in terms of burst, overall there was no net change. They essentially doubled the uptime and halved the bonus.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
Anyway, in order to scale properly, Runeforging needs to use percentage values instead of flat values, which is what it does now. Thing is, Fallen Crusader used to be +30% strength. They nerfed it way too much imho.

You also have to take into account that runeforging is free, which is another big advantage it provides to DKs.

FC was only really nerfed in terms of burst, overall there was no net change. They essentially doubled the uptime and halved the bonus.

Yeah that guy had no idea what he was talking about. There was no nerf in long term output from RotFC it's str % bonus was halved while uptime was doubled. The benefit was just smoothed out not nerfed.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
The minimum amount of strength you'd need for fallen crusader to perform at parity to 1000 AP at level 85 is roughly 3334, not considering raid buffs. I don't think it will be any contest.

That is without taking into consideration that Fallen Crusader has a much higher uptime.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight

Yeah that guy had no idea what he was talking about. There was no nerf in long term output from RotFC it's str % bonus was halved while uptime was doubled. The benefit was just smoothed out not nerfed.

It's proc chance was doubled not it's uptime. It was a nerf to Fallen Crusader plain and simple 50% uptime of 30% STR > 75% uptime of 15% Str.
Reply Quote
84 Orc Death Knight

It's proc chance was doubled not it's uptime. It was a nerf to Fallen Crusader plain and simple 50% uptime of 30% STR > 75% uptime of 15% Str.

Increasing proc chance would increase uptime, boy-o. DPS wise there was no change. Burst was lowered but sustained stayed the same.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
Yea i've never noticed a lack of FC procs but i remember back in Naxx rarely ever seeing an FC proc.

But i do think that maybe it's still just too good to give any real choice and well personally i'd like to really have to think about which runeforge is going to be better on my weapons. Or even have the best runeforge change depending on your current gear.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]