So what's everyone doing on Tues 07/12?

86 Blood Elf Warlock
I took annual leave from work to play Cataclysm on Tuesday, but now that Blizzard has decided that Australia/New Zealand can wait until that evening before we can play, I decided that my day off from work will now be spent sleeping in.

Hopefully when I get up late morning the shattering has at least occured. That should tide me over until 7pm when I will be able to log into Cataclsym.

What about you guys?
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
You can play from 12:01 am pst "or there abouts" which is 5pm in QLD. So thats like ... 6? in nsw and vic? thats if u get it from the direct download. If your buying it from a store you have to wait untill midnight :D
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid

for us Kiwis release day is Wednsday the 8th not the 7th

Yeah this - its 7th for US so we get it the next day. Which would be 9pm playable that next day I suppose?

or wait - would that make it 9pm playable on the Tues - because that would be midnight the states the day before?

Yeah must be that - 9pm Tues night. Right when I finish work... how handy!
Edited by Kalaren on 11/8/2010 3:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Warlock
I'm in Melbourne, the West Coast of USA is 19 hours behind me, so midnight of the 7th of Dec for them, is 7pm on Tuesday the 7th for us in Melbourne. I just spoke to EB Games where I pre-ordered my Collector's Edition, and they confirmed that they have been advised that they can't release Cataclysm until 7pm that night of the 7th.

So for those of you that bought a physical copy of Cataclysm (like myself) won't actually be able to log in as soon as the servers go live, because you will first have to pick up your copy and then install it.

If you pre-ordered via Blizzard, you will be able to log in at 7pm Melbourne time, which is 6pm in Queensland or 4pm in Perth and 9pm for NZ.

Wish Blizzard just stuck with their normal midnight release. Things were so much easier then!
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warrior
I guess that seals it then. I'll be getting the digital download, working late on the 7th to come home just in time for cata opening, and then going to work very late (with bloodshot eyes) on the 8th =)
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
If you're buying it from a store (I'm getting mine from my local EB) do you really have to wait until midnight? When I went in to order my CE of Cata they never said anything about picking it up at midnight on the 7th... Which I wouldn't bother doing anyway because I like to sleep at that time of night. I really don't even think that my EB will be open at midnight because I live in a crappy suburb that isn't close to central Brisbane. I think if they did a midnight release of Cata there would be about 5 people there. Hardly worth it.

But to answer OP's question. On the 7th I'm working (hurrah) and I probably won't get to play Cata until the following day after work. That's even if the servers are up. I'm expecting to not even be able to play properly until at least a week minimum after release hehe.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Hunter
That's pretty crap. Good thing I took Tue 7th & Wed 8th off work! I guess I'll spend Tuesday sleeping & cleaning :P
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
http://pbcrew.net/images/cata-timing.jpg

Brisbane 6pm, Adelaide 6.30pm, Melb/Sydney 7pm.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
Ah yes, a little quick calculation and I put my leave form in for the 8th and 9th. Rock on 7pm on the 7th.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
I took annual leave from work to play Cataclysm on Tuesday, but now that Blizzard has decided that Australia/New Zealand can wait until that evening before we can play, I decided that my day off from work will now be spent sleeping in.

Hopefully when I get up late morning the shattering has at least occured. That should tide me over until 7pm when I will be able to log into Cataclsym.

What about you guys?

for us Kiwis release day is Wensday the 8th not the 7th

This is not true, NZ'ers can play Tuesday 7th, I believe it's about 9pm NZT.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin

What about you guys?

for us Kiwis release day is Wensday the 8th not the 7th

This is not true, NZ'ers can play Tuesday 7th, I believe it's about 9pm NZT.

Woohoo! Works off for me in Decemeber so as soon as my CE comes in I'll be online for at least a full day! Just to get a nice good hit of Cata!
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Formatting my computer so I got a fresh install =D
Reply Quote
83 Goblin Warlock
Sleeping.
My EBGames have said they're not doing a midnight release, rather a 7pm release.
Still get to pick it up on Tuesday, but they're just lucky you can't order the C/E online...

I'll have to pay my EB a visit and see what they're plans are.
I'n in melbourne and on the long shot somebody else is going to the same one I am, anybody know what the plans are for the EB Games at Knox City in Wantirna? It's a fairly popular store, i'm sure somebody that posts on these forums must know it.
Edited by Jaggawowmot on 11/10/2010 3:33 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]