Holy Pally and Haste

85 Human Paladin
I wanted to know if anyone tried stacking haste up to the 1400 range. I think is you could bring down the CD on shock and HL and with Word you wouldn't consume any mana. I am going to re gem tonight but wanted to see if anyone has tried this out yet.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
sorry still getting used to the new forums, didn't mean to make two posts
Reply Quote
16 Dwarf Paladin
no on stacking haste at 80, not sure at 85

You would want more than 400 haste, lol fail....

1019 is the soft cap for haste, from what I'm reading depending on your latency 800 may be the sweet spot. But you'll need to just try it out and see what works best for you.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
People seem to be mixing up whether the OP is talking about Holy or Ret in terms of haste on this thread

Holy has literally no haste cap. You want to stack all intellect (still) and reforge all your gear to have haste if it does not already. Haste does not affect the CD on Holy Shock as OP is suggesting, and you should be spamming instants first as they come off CD then spamming your biggest heal, Divine Light, in between. This puts a little more strain on our mana pool as Holy Light did pre 4.0.1 and replacing intellect in your gem sockets with haste will only hurt you (especially since int gives us SP now). My Suggestion: Reforge crit to haste if possible, reforge crit to spirit if the gear already has haste, leave it alone if it has both, and keep the same gemming pre 4.0.1.

Ret has a haste cap at 1019, which Holyrage posted. This is when the GCD on Crusader Strike becomes 3secs, which means every other attack would be Crusader Strike without any loss of time in between rotations. If your latency is over 100 your haste cap will be lower. To calculate the exact haste you need at higher latencies I would suggest heading over to this thread to learn more about it.

http://elitistjerks.com/f76/t106276-retribution_concordance_4_0_1_a/
Edited by Lilhands on 11/19/2010 9:48 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I wanted to know if anyone tried stacking haste up to the 1400 range. I think is you could bring down the CD on shock and HL and with Word you wouldn't consume any mana. I am going to re gem tonight but wanted to see if anyone has tried this out yet.

Haste does nothing for Holy Shock. It is an instant cast. Haste will help with the Global Cool Down but even 1400 is too much.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
People seem to be mixing up whether the OP is talking about Holy or Ret in terms of haste on this thread

Holy has literally no haste cap. You want to stack all intellect (still) and reforge all your gear to have haste if it does not already. Haste does not affect the CD on Holy Shock as OP is suggesting, and you should be spamming instants first as they come off CD then spamming your biggest heal, Divine Light, in between. This puts a little more strain on our mana pool as Holy Light did pre 4.0.1 and replacing intellect in your gem sockets with haste will only hurt you (especially since int gives us SP now). My Suggestion: Reforge crit to haste if possible, reforge crit to spirit if the gear already has haste, leave it alone if it has both, and keep the same gemming pre 4.0.1.

Ret has a haste cap at 1019, which Holyrage posted. This is when the GCD on Crusader Strike becomes 3secs, which means every other attack would be Crusader Strike without any loss of time in between rotations. If your latency is over 100 your haste cap will be lower. To calculate the exact haste you need at higher latencies I would suggest heading over to this thread to learn more about it.

http://elitistjerks.com/f76/t106276-retribution_concordance_4_0_1_a/

Interesting reasons note that I am not disagreeing with them I am aware that getting a lot of haste at level 85 can lead to going out of mana faster than with haste just from reforge and gear itself. Before you read the following questions keep in mind I thought in this post you are referring to level 86 healing and not current ICC healing if you are not then disregard them.

Here are my questions, do you have beta and have you healed raids?
With no haste stacking (gem wise) how do you feel about Divine Light vs Flash of Light? With low haste, as level 85 gear stands right now, Divine Light's cast time can be deadly.
How do you feel about mastery vs crit? Have in mind that many pieces in cataclysm will have Haste, Spirit, and Crit.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]