Old RBGs.

6 Undead Priest
lool. RedBlueGreen

anyways, I never got the opportunity to play in Vanilla RBGs, so I'm wondering how THEY worked, and how Cata's RBGs will be different.

thx
Reply Quote
6 Undead Priest
lol... um.... I was talking about Rated Battlegrounds.... XD

but as for what you all are saying, it sounds epic. why would blizzard remove that? I've heard rumors over the years about a WoWII (that looks like a suspicious acronym...). In speculation, do you think that Blizzard would make such a sequel anything challenging, open and epic? (as opposed to continuing with their current trend/setup?)
Reply Quote
6 Undead Priest
nor rated bgs in BC either? I could have sworn that I heard that they had rated BGs pre-Wrath.
and what could this mmo be? (preferably not SC or diablo... as much as I love SC, I don't think it would do well as an MMO)
Edited by Wonderfull on 11/8/2010 10:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
There were no rated BGs. It's an idea Blizz has said they wanted to do 3 Blizzcons ago, but only now just implementing it.

What happened back then was server only battlegrounds before there were cross realms. You'd have two groups, the people who group queued, and the the solo queuers. They would play against each other, and you would very quickly find out whether it was a group because individuals soon gained notoriety and reputation.

Usually the underpopulated side would have the ability to group queue very easily and get instant queues squashing the pugs. And more rarely, you'd have the premade over populated groups go toe to toe with the premades, and in those cases if gear was equal, made for some very fun games, and because they happened so little, they were very memorable.

It was a lot more intimate, you'd know your enemies as well as your fellow allies that you competed for honor with.

But there was never an official system and matchmaking mechanic that would rank teams and award them points.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
There were no rated BGs. It's an idea Blizz has said they wanted to do 3 Blizzcons ago, but only now just implementing it.

What happened back then was server only battlegrounds before there were cross realms. You'd have two groups, the people who group queued, and the the solo queuers. They would play against each other, and you would very quickly find out whether it was a group because individuals soon gained notoriety and reputation.

Usually the underpopulated side would have the ability to group queue very easily and get instant queues squashing the pugs. And more rarely, you'd have the premade over populated groups go toe to toe with the premades, and in those cases if gear was equal, made for some very fun games, and because they happened so little, they were very memorable.

It was a lot more intimate, you'd know your enemies as well as your fellow allies that you competed for honor with.

But there was never an official system and matchmaking mechanic that would rank teams and award them points.

Just to emphasize what Volun is saying, i used to play on Windrunner server and would play against him and his team that he played with. I still remember those epic matches to this day as the most fun I've ever had on WoW.
Reply Quote
dinoe pls what r ud oin
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
02/13/2013 12:05 PMPosted by Notdinoe
rbgs used to be fun and then they made it down to 10 people, ruins wsg cuz u can only have 3 healers now (most likely) :///

i hope you feel bad
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
FDC
Whats that smell?

Oh..I see...its the rotting corpse of a necro'd thread.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]