Did they take out the dreadsteed quest?

(Locked)

90 Pandaren Shaman
I wanted to do this quest on my warlock the other day, so I got the very beginning quest from the guy near the warlock trainer and went all the way to the Burning Steppes to find out that I didn't meet the requirements for the follow up.

Can you still get the quest even if you've trained the dreadsteed? Did they take it out?
I wanted to do this quest on my warlock the other day, so I got the very beginning quest from the guy near the warlock trainer and went all the way to the Burning Steppes to find out that I didn't meet the requirements for the follow up.

Can you still get the quest even if you've trained the dreadsteed? Did they take it out?

I'm pretty sure you've never been able to do the quest after learning the mount from a trainer. That's why doing it is a feat of strength. :/
90 Pandaren Shaman
hm.. I could have sworn I did the paladin version after having learned the epic charger already.

Oh well
Upon further investigation, it seems that you could do the quest after learning the mount...until 4.0. The removal of soul shards as items from the game would make the final part of the quest, ah, difficult.
90 Pandaren Shaman
Ah okay, thanks for your help
85 Worgen Warlock
Wow good thing i did it the week before 4.0 came out. did not even think about the soul shard problem.
85 Undead Warlock
Yes sadly, completing that awsome questline is no long avaliable. Once cata goes live, the quest will be taken out completely. Its sad really, not only was it an awsome questline but haveing done that questline was kind of a measuring stick for warlocks.... questline
85 Goblin Warlock
you could do the quest after learning the mount before, i did on this char
but really? you cant do that anymore? D:

hate this change, that was one of the best quests in the game...
why they did that? there are a reason?
The reason is they took soul shards out of the game as inventory items. Since the final battle between the warlock and her soon-to-be mount requires 15-20 of them, it would literally be impossible to complete now.
100 Worgen Warlock
And yet the event itself is still in the game AND you can start phase one of it, the one with the bajillion imps and fel guards, by releasing J'eevee from his jar. Unfortunately, as the Bell, Book and Wheel, one by one fail, there's no way to reset them via the Black Loadstone. When the last one falls, the event ends.
85 Undead Warlock
It shall live on as a feat of strength.
70 Undead Warlock
I got mine while the getting was good, back just before TBC came out.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/turalyon/dastrut/achievement#81:a2357

IMO, they should take it out of the game completely, leave it as a trophy for the players that were willing to sacrifice more than what others had to pay for this awesome mount
85 Blood Elf Warlock
I did it before the mount was trainable. When they made it trainable I was like wtf! If you have the feat of strength for it you should get like a green fire horse lol.
70 Undead Warlock
I did it before the mount was trainable. When they made it trainable I was like wtf! If you have the feat of strength for it you should get like a green fire horse lol.

I agree, it should be different. It seems like, to me, making the mount trainable ruins the point of the Feat of Strength. Its like saying with the Black Scarab, oh you get the FoS! but every one and their mother gets one too, the only difference is you have an FoS, how exciting!
100 Undead Warlock
This makes me sad, I wanted to level my gnome lock and do the dreadsteed quest, but am saddened by the fact that this is no longer doable, I'd like a comforting hug. =(
100 Worgen Warlock
Upon further investigation, it seems that you could do the quest after learning the mount...until 4.0. The removal of soul shards as items from the game would make the final part of the quest, ah, difficult.

Actually, it makes finishing phase 1 impossible since that's where the Bell, Book and Wheel need to be repaired via the Black Loadstone that no longer recognizes our Soul Shard resource.

What's interesting is you can release J'eevee from his jar and start it. You'll still get the bajillion imps and fel guards, but you can't finish it.

Actually, it makes finishing phase 1 impossible since that's where the Bell, Book and Wheel need to be repaired via the Black Loadstone that no longer recognizes our Soul Shard resource.

Which is what I said, seeing as how that fight is the final part of the quest line to get your Dreadsteed. o.O
100 Worgen Warlock

Which is what I said, seeing as how that fight is the final part of the quest line to get your Dreadsteed. o.O

Well, it's two distinct fights and the fight you'd fail at isn't the final one.

You're splitting hairs.
100 Worgen Warlock

You're splitting hairs.

It's the internet. Pedantry is what we do here.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]