4.0.1 Weapon Choice

80 Blood Elf Paladin
Well now that AP has been removed from AGI for Paladins, does that mean that Heroic Bloodfall is pretty useless in comparison to other weapons? I am trying to decide if it is worth using regular Glorenzelg since it has a nice chunk of str on it.

Any opinions?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Well, here's a list of what I can offer: Shadowmourne > Heroic Glorenzelg > Heroic Crypt Maker > Heroic Byntroll

I mean, if anything, Grab Crypt maker, the thing is an amazing weapon to deck out.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
use it if you have it. it looks great and and if it's the only thing available you might as well use it over any polearm.

i think that heroic bryntroll is still better than glorenzelg, though. i've not bothered looking at elitist jerks recently since until the beta settles down their theorycraft is useless.
Reply Quote
80 Draenei Paladin
Even non-heroic Glorenzelg seems to be a better DPS weapon over Heroic Bryntroll IMO. Bryntroll's proc seems almost non-existent now.

(I still PvP with H-Bryntroll due to when the proc does happen, it is nice)
Edited by Datass on 11/6/2010 2:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
80 Dwarf Paladin
Well now that AP has been removed from AGI for Paladins, does that mean that Heroic Bloodfall is pretty useless in comparison to other weapons? I am trying to decide if it is worth using regular Glorenzelg since it has a nice chunk of str on it.

Any opinions?

AGI never gave us AP, but to be fair to you I believe you just misspoke and meant that "AP has been removed from AGI based weapons".
Reply Quote
86 Dwarf Paladin
Even non-heroic Glorenzelg seems to be a better DPS weapon over Heroic Bryntroll IMO. Bryntroll's proc seems almost non-existent now.

(I still PvP with H-Bryntroll due to when the proc does happen, it is nice)

It can still provide ~3% of your total damage done, despite any changes to proc mechanics.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
You're not looking at the top end damage of normal glorenzelg vs a Heroic. Item level still comes into effect. Heroic byntroll offers 1 extra socket, at a 325.5 DPS increase. As appose to Glorenzelg which is a 311.5 and is slower. Yes, slow weapons are better, but the DPS given from a normal VS a heroic is still there.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
to answer the OP's question: yes, heroic bloodfall is useless. use your sword, it's better.

And yes, heroic cryptmaker is awesome now that you can reforge away all that hit. Take it and make fury warriors cry :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]