Focus Fire Macro

100 Undead Hunter
So I want to make a macro with all my shots that auotmatically casts Focus Fire, however I only want it to cast if at 5 stacks, so um what command to I need to achive this?

I haven't really done any calculating but is it best to wait for 5 stacks or is it best to just cast as soon as it's ready?
Edited by Horkvir on 11/6/2010 6:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
there is no command that will use focus fire only when the pet has 5 stacks.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Plus, making the BM rotation easier would make it boring. It's already super easy! :D
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
See Above ad just make another steady shot button with a macro.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Plus, making the BM rotation easier would make it boring. It's already super easy! :D

i beg to differ, BM rotation is simplified because we don't have as many shots as other class's. its all about timing on CD's, kill command, and(as as to pertain to this topic) focus fire. you don't need a macro for focus fire. if your on a boss, your gonna want to macro in all your cd's to blow along with focus fire and keep it seperate so as to pop it off as often as u can(except during bestial wrath, you and your pet do more dps than if you use focus fire). so...to conclude, if u macro'd in focus fire into a shot u would most likely not receive the full buff and your dps would be lower during bestial wrath :)
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter

i beg to differ, BM rotation is simplified because we don't have as many shots as other class's.

BM - Focus gen shot, Focus dump shot, Special ability, proc ability
Thats Cobra, Arcane, KC, FF.
MM - Focus gen shot, Focus dump shot, Special ability, proc ability
Thats Steady, Arcane, Chimera, Aimed
Survival- it has its Focus gen shot, Focus dump shot, Special ability, proc ability.
Though survial is all sorts of options when it comes to a focus dump and the proc ability changes the available focus dumps..

BM and MM have the same number of shots being used. Only difference is MM having to attempt to cast Steady is pairs.
As for creating a macro for the ability, thats been answered.
At level 80 and with a decent geared group, ICC encounters really do not take all that long, is waiting on the FF really worth it versus the ease of macroing it in and just ignoring the extra 3% haste? (though it still can reach the 15% bonus sometimes but will never go below the 12%)
Its not the right way to do it, but it just may be a wash either way with bosses dropping in 2-3 minutes these days.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]