Overtuned Elite Quests In Dragonblight

85 Night Elf Death Knight
Are Wanted: High Shaman Bloodpaw and Wanted: Kreug Oathbreaker supposed to be so hard? They're both radically tougher mobs than elites two or three levels above them. Bloodpaw comes with four non-elite bodyguards who, despite being non-elite, Earth Shock for about 2.5k apiece. The High Shaman himself Lightning Bolts for 3.5k. Kreug merely melees for 3k and specials for another 3k.

It's not just that my poor 74 ret paladin got turned into an ashy silhouette on the landscape. With that kind of damage output, it seems to me that many questing pickup teams, with three 72s, are going to bounce off these guys. Is that the design intent?
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
Two manned it on my lock alt with a ret paladin, wasn't hard at all actually. Krueg was the only "Pain". And that was just due to him killing the paladin when we already had him at 2k hp, so it was an easy finish.

Find a mid 70 player who can pump out the dps and they both go down fast in a 2-3 man group. I think I averaged 2.5kish then as affliction (Pre 4.0).
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
With me on my mage and a rogue in general chat, we were able to do all but Kreug. He just hits too hard without a healer or an 80 DPS. My druid friend came out and helped finish it off. To be fair, it's listed as a "3" player quest. Generally I see it as "2" can be soloed if you don't suck, "3" can be soloed if you are OP, and "5" can be soloed if you are a paladin.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
I remember soloing all the dragonblight elite quests (save the dragon heart one) with my lock.

Took forever since I would just corruption/siphon life the enemy and health funnel my VW
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
All of the elite quests in Dragonblight are a consequence of bad design. There are around 6 of them which are impossible to solo with their damage increases in 4.0.1, i think even a ret pally would have trouble with these. But that is beside the point. Having all these elite quests may have worked in the leveling rush after wotlk release, but they are a pain currently, when sometimes there are only 2 people in the zone

(From the perspective of my level 75 warrior)
Edited by Aveltianis on 11/13/2010 6:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
All of the elite quests in Dragonblight are a consequence of bad design. There are around 6 of them which are impossible to solo with their damage increases in 4.0.1, i think even a ret pally would have trouble with these. But that is beside the point. Having all these elite quests may have worked in the leveling rush after wotlk release, but they are a pain currently, when sometimes there are only 2 people in the zone

(From the perspective of my level 75 warrior)

They could do something like they did with the old world eventually. Make all the elites, non-elite. Of course they would probably do this to Outland first.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Are Wanted: High Shaman Bloodpaw and Wanted: Kreug Oathbreaker supposed to be so hard? They're both radically tougher mobs than elites two or three levels above them. Bloodpaw comes with four non-elite bodyguards who, despite being non-elite, Earth Shock for about 2.5k apiece. The High Shaman himself Lightning Bolts for 3.5k. Kreug merely melees for 3k and specials for another 3k.

It's not just that my poor 74 ret paladin got turned into an ashy silhouette on the landscape. With that kind of damage output, it seems to me that many questing pickup teams, with three 72s, are going to bounce off these guys. Is that the design intent?

Never did that quest and I completed Dragonblight on 3 of my 4 80s. (Not this Character) it must be Alliance only?
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Death Knight
Those quests are Alliance only, there are equivalent elites for horde to kill as well.

I soloed the entire chain, including the frostwyrm, though I was tank specced. Wasn't hard at all tbh. (though the frostwyrm took two tries)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]