Glyph of Indomitability is back?

80 Blood Elf Paladin
I noticed just now that it has 1792 armor. Worth using again?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Wouldn't that sort of depend on the other options?

Also didn't armor take a hit in effectiveness on current content?
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Definitely depends on your other options, but who's going to argue with 1800 armor?

And armor values went down in the patch, because we don't get any from Agility anymore, but I think point-for-point, it's still as effective as it ever was.

Also, it's really nice to be able to respond on here again. Man, I missed you guys.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Death Knight
I never really found much use for the armor trinkets to be quite honest. I have the trinket off of Halion and I'd have to say that I have never equipped it once. Seems the only real king in the game is stamina, and second to that, some cooldown trinket. I see the armor trinket as better than nothing, but certainly not better than stamina.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Definitely depends on your other options, but who's going to argue with 1800 armor?

And armor values went down in the patch, because we don't get any from Agility anymore, but I think point-for-point, it's still as effective as it ever was.

Also, it's really nice to be able to respond on here again. Man, I missed you guys.

I wasn't refering to the increased stat weighting on bonus armor. Though it did affect armor numbers. I was mostly talking about the fact that early in 4.0 bosses were using the lvl 85 armor modifier, aka the assumed cap that tanks have was much higher then anything we can approach.

I don't remember if that was ever sorted out or fixed (it may have been) but it makes armor seem less effective. I freely admit this speculation could be way off base as armor is something that is not always intuitively simple
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
With the change to the armour curve in 4.0.1, armour lost a little EH value in comparison to Stamina. I think previously it was about 1 Stam to 10 Armour, now it's more like 1 Stam to 11 armour or more.
Armour is still useful and has a strong place in heavy physical fights but the change has to be taken into account when comparing trinkets.

No, it was because the whole armour formula was changed to take into account level 85 armour values and the new cap. Also bonus armour on a lot of pieces was reduced. Agility did provide armour but the change wasn't what caused it to affect non-druid tanks so much.
Edited by Astarix on 11/8/2010 6:35 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Well, there's also the whole new 1 stam = 14 health (on beta) instead of 10. I'll go out on a limb and guess it drops the value of armor (vis a vis stamina, anyway) by a good 30% or so.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
GoI always had armor on live. While some trinkets lost their armor on the PTR, all of the relevant trinkets retained their armor when PTR went live.

Forums eat my posts more often than they used to.
/rage
Reply Quote
89 Draenei Paladin

Respectfully, once you start gearing in armor that is appropriate to your level and/or content, 1800 extra armor isn't even anything more than a drop in the ocean. My Devotion aura adds something like 1200 armor, the amount of damage reduction I get against even level mobs change in my armor value is like 1.04%. So, that means for mobs over my level it's less than a percent difference in damage reduction.

1800 armor value would only be slightly more than that, so I doubt this glyph would be worth anything unless you are just severely undergeared.
Edited by Louneigru on 11/9/2010 6:11 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
GoI always had armor on live. While some trinkets lost their armor on the PTR, all of the relevant trinkets retained their armor when PTR went live.

Forums eat my posts more often than they used to.
/rage

No they didn't. It took 2 days after 4.0 to get armor on trinkets.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Respectfully, once you start gearing in armor that is appropriate to your level and/or content, 1800 extra armor isn't even anything more than a drop in the ocean. My Devotion aura adds something like 1200 armor, the amount of damage reduction I get against even level mobs change in my armor value is like 1.04%. So, that means for mobs over my level it's less than a percent difference in damage reduction.

1800 armor value would only be slightly more than that, so I doubt this glyph would be worth anything unless you are just severely undergeared.

Your time to live increase with each point of armor increase is the same regardless of what your current armor values ares. I'm not going to get into arguing stat weighting and which trinkets to use, but armor doesn't diminish in usefulness when you have more of it. Being undergeared or not really doesn't have anything to do with it.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
While what you say is true Kith, there are two things to take into consideration regarding armor trinkets right now.

1) specifically with glyph, its a lvl 245 trinket. A higher item level trinket with stamina is going to be better

2) With the change to the armor calculation that happened to mobs > lvl 80, the value of current armor peices dropped significantly. It's almost flopped backwards to where the armor trinket would need to be about 2 tiers higher level then a stam trinket to be worth using.

That being said, glyph and UO are nice trinkets. If you can't get your hands on the sindy 25m or toc 25m stamina trinkets, they will probably be your strongest option for the second glyph. Blackheart being rather close and mostly preference with regards to glyph.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Cricketz, that's why I didn't really want to get into stat weighting and trinket choices. Things are messed up right now in large part because we're not at 85 yet. I was just trying to point out that what he was saying with regards to armor was really weird. It still scales roughly linearly (as far as I know). The fact that you're better off with a stamina trinket is somewhat irrelevant to that point.
Reply Quote
89 Draenei Paladin
Linearly or not the armor value increase is pointless considering it doesn't give a significant boost when there are better things. Furthermore, I am a she.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Furthermore, I am a she.

My apologies.

Linearly or not the armor value increase is pointless considering it doesn't give a significant boost when there are better things.

Which is basically what Cricketz said. I was pointing out that the way you worded things it sounded as if you thought armor decreased in value the more of it you had.
Reply Quote
89 Draenei Paladin
Actually I worded it as for your level, which is basically true. Once you hit a certain point it takes more armor to get a a significant increase. And armor loses values when fighting mobs over your level. When I hit 80, for instance, Devotion would give me roughly 2.50% increase to damage reduction when I turned it on. When I turn it on now, it's 1.04% increase to damage reduction. So my statement about armor is basically true. Unless you are severely undergeared, the armor increase is negligible.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Armor is still strong just not at 80 :), Plus I'm pretty partial to armor. Makes me feel sleek and tough instead of a roly poly glutton

edit: Ri, they new about it but they didn't change the armor. Instead they lowered boss damage for a number of encounters in ICC.

At least this is what I took from the sparse blue posts on the subject. It would also explain why the HLK soulreaper application no longer hurts :P
Edited by Cricketz on 11/9/2010 6:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
89 Draenei Paladin
And, linearly or not, each point of armor is valuable regardless of how much DR it gives, because it's causing you to take less than what you were a moment ago.
Each point of armor is not going to equal less damage taken. The higher your armor value the less in return you get. A 1% increase to my DR is only 10 points of extra damage off of a thousand point shot. And all things considered, since most things you fight tend to use magical attacks, again, the extra armor isn't going to be that much of a boon.
Edited by Louneigru on 11/9/2010 6:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
89 Draenei Paladin
Armor is still strong just not at 80 :), Plus I'm pretty partial to armor. Makes me feel sleek and tough instead of a roly poly glutton

edit: Ri, they new about it but they didn't change the armor. Instead they lowered boss damage for a number of encounters in ICC.

At least this is what I took from the sparse blue posts on the subject. It would also explain why the HLK soulreaper application no longer hurts :P
Well druids are sitting high with the excessive armor and health right now, but that won't be for much longer. I end up falling asleep with druid tanks cause Ir arely have to heal them right now when I am healing :p
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]