Frost mastery?

80 Blood Elf Death Knight
I'm a little confused, Frost mastery seems to be conflicting with using obliterate as it doesn't seem to benefit it. Are you suppose to cut obliterates out of your rotation if you spec mastery? Howling Blast and frost strike seems to benefit greatly from it which seems to change your rotation replacing your obliterate with howling blast, is that the intention?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
You won't be cutting Oblit out of your rotation for the simple fact you need something to gen RP to even use FS and HB alone won't cut it. Plus you'd be missing out on Rime procs if you skipped oblit completely.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
No. You shouldn't change your rotation. Its still Diseases > Rime > KM (Obliterate > FS) > Obliterate (if not close to the RP cap) || FS (if close to the RP cap) > Blood Strike.

You should never use Howling Blast rotationally. Its a DPS loss.
Reply Quote
So oblit doesn't suffer when specing mastery? Just curious cause if I spec'd say crit, it seems that would benefit everything vs mastery which only effects somethings which kind of make me want to think mastery is a bad stat for frost.
Edited by Dethstrik on 11/8/2010 1:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
So oblit doesn't suffer when specing mastery? Just curious cause if I spec'd say crit, it seems that would benefit everything vs mastery which only effects somethings which kind of make me want to think mastery is a bad stat for frost.

Obliterate doesn't suffer from reforged mastery, no.

Also if you want to get into the weeds, Crit isn't that good for Frost either because of KM. Mastery is much better at level 80, stick with Mastery.
Edited by Pennyrush on 11/8/2010 1:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
K Thanks all.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
No. You shouldn't change your rotation. Its still Diseases > Rime > KM (Obliterate > FS) > Obliterate (if not close to the RP cap) || FS (if close to the RP cap) > Blood Strike.
You should never use Howling Blast rotationally. Its a DPS loss.

This, however there will come a point at 85, I beleive it's a little over 1000 mastery rating, where you'll want to use Frost Strike over Oblit for killing machine procs.

You still would never skip obliterating to HB and PS or NS in pve on a non aoe encounter(though HB + Necrotic Strike might be better than oblit in pvp under certain situations), you would just use killing machine on your frost strikes instead of obliterates once you'd passed that mastery threshhold.

Again you cannot get enough mastery to get to that point at 80, it will only be an issuea at 85 in epic gear with mastery stacking.
Edited by Shunyata on 11/8/2010 2:21 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]