Race Discussion in Cata!

80 Blood Elf Hunter
Hello fellow once overpowered brothers (and she brothers). It's a known fact that more and more people are making the switch to Warlockhood everyday. When Cataclysm hits, will you be changing your race or will you stick with it?

I'm probably going Goblin Warlock because we has Rokkets and we has shortness. (no you can't punt OR dropkick us. What the fel do you think we are, GNOMES?)

(I am SO a Warlock, the forums keep displaying my Hunter character D:)
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
I'll remain Undead since I named my toon after an Undead character from a set of novels unrelated to WoW.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
I love how cool the shoulders look on orcs, and it was actually nice to see the gear for once and not just my bones, but I played undead for 5 years that i felt weird playing as an orc warlock, I still loved it, but it didn't feel like my old warlocky self.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Race changing to troll about 35 seconds after we are able to.
Reply Quote
74 Blood Elf Warlock
I know people hate on Blood Elves but I decided to re-roll another Warlock since they are clearly the superior class and I liked the lore behind the Blood Elves turning to alternate sources of magic to sustain themselves. Thought it was fitting for my new Warlock.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
I for a moment had faint thought of changing into a goblin
then i remembered my pride as an undead since vanilla and decided to stay as a forsaken
and im not liking sylvannas's in game performance lately.
I mean she gets f**ked up or killed every 10 minutes :(
I'm speaking lore wise
Edited by Dremorius on 11/5/2010 3:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
With how much value Haste has to Demonology, and that being the spec I like to PvE with, I considered changing to Troll for the haste buff, but then again an extra SP trinket and 5% pet damage isn't too bad... theorycraft will tell which one is better but I believe they won't be too far apart.

Also, the thing I hate the most in PvP is being stunned, so 15% less time stunned is a godsend. The Goblin's rockets is tempting due to our limited ways to get out of melee range, but I'm not sure I like the looks of the race yet, and I still prefer the stun time reduction.
Reply Quote
80 Orc Warlock
I'm going to keep both my locks Orcs for the time being, although if I should happen to hop factions I'm definitely going Worgen.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Not entirely sure. While I like the BE lore and how it gives some explanation as to why they have warlocks ( I may not have green fire, but you can't take my eyes!!), it all depends on how the racials end up being. Seriously, if the BE racials were lackluster before for a warlock, they are even more terrible now with the change to Magic Resistance.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
I already have a pending race change on my character... The instant i can be a troll i will muhaha
For Da Voodoo
For Da Horde
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I wish people wouldn't FOTM warlocks...please stay bad in your own class!
Reply Quote
Human since '05. Fear my racial charisma.

Edit: oh, god, I'm the only alliance in this thread. *hides*
Edited by Kalmia on 11/5/2010 10:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
80 Undead Warlock
It's also a known fact that people switch to every other class everyday.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
Favorite race, and favorite class. Never looked back on it. Man this lock is old lol.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Warlock
Worgen prolly
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
Goblin... will also drop Tailoring for Engineering as soon as I race change ;)
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warlock
blood elves for live ;P

(dont kill me)
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warlock
Human since '05. Fear my racial charisma.

Edit: oh, god, I'm the only alliance in this thread. *hides*

I got your back, And i have also been a human warlock since 05... now only if this was that original Lock, got my other warlock to 70 then made this one because i wanted a female human lock... then what do you know they came out with... being able to change your gender :S

So i will be staying human.

I wish people wouldn't FOTM warlocks...please stay bad in your own class!

I totally agree. Every time i see a lock and ask them when they made it they are like oh i just made this toon last patch. my last main was a .... It just irritates me. the worst part is when they have better gear then you and they are asking you how to play the class. like you said "please stay bad in your own class!"
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warlock
Definitely going Worgen as soon as Race Changes are available.
Tired of my plain old humanity.
Reply Quote
80 Gnome Warlock
Worgen yo.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]