Warrior Threat Values

100 Human Paladin
The solution is not to give a passive threat reduction, but an active one. If you want something the equivalent of Salv, then every 1 minute you would be able to drop 5% threat.

I don't see how you're pulling aggro later in the fight though. If you are, you're doing over 3x the damage of your tank (in which case either you are overpowered or your tank is bad, or some combination of the two).
Reply Quote
82 Draenei Paladin
Melee has a 10% threat buffer, meaning you have to hit 110% threat to pull aggro. Ranged has a 30% threat buffer. Prior to 4.0, melee had much larger threat reduction modifiers to make up for this: typically -30% while ranged might have -10% if any. With all such threat modifiers removed, melee in general is in a much worse position than ranged with regard to threat.

As far as melee classes go, rogues can vanish, feral druids can cower, and ret paladins can salv. Death knights do a large portion of their damage from pets (at least for unholy), and this does not contribute to their threat. Enhancement shamans are gimp at 80. This leaves warriors in the worst position.

why hasn't this changed?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I tend to agree that some classes need threat management tools *active ones not passive*, if I get enough lucky proc's rolling I can easily yank threat off a tank in a raid. My only choice usually is to stop attacking and stare at the boss. Boring and very stupid.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
I tend to agree that some classes need threat management tools *active ones not passive*, if I get enough lucky proc's rolling I can easily yank threat off a tank in a raid. My only choice usually is to stop attacking and stare at the boss. Boring and very stupid.

I agree completely. It is very very boring. Especially now, since most classes are no longer GCD locked, by design I might add. Combine that with having to stop dps due to threat, and it just feels like you're spending large amounts of time doing nothing.

I really want some kind of aggro drop as a fury warrior. Just please give me something. I would kill for vanish or feign death. Even cower would be amazing. WTT heroic leap for cower.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]