The Nuclear Bomb On the Skybreaker

(Locked)

85 Human Death Knight
People People!. As a Response to the Person who said it could not flatten a city: I ment it in a way that the Horde cities have some bad geograpical locatians for such. As I stated with Orgrimmar and Silvermoon.
I Must also adress the Orgrims hammer gun, again. The Recoil from the gun would break the chains holding the ship up or just send the entire ship kreening into a mountian. The Orgrims hammer must also TURN to use and can not fire it up, while the skybreaker has cannons that can fire up and down.

... You'd take out The Drag, and maybe the Cleft of Shadow.
That still leaves three very angry districts of trolls and orcs, who have many ways to attack.
Never mind how much Orgrimmar is changing in Cataclysm.

And tall structures only topple if you actually cause structural damage to them; Silvermoon would be just fine. You can't get a tall structure to stay standing without making it structurally sound, and in order for that to be true it has to be able to shift back and forth a bit on its foundation. Its how we deal with earthquakes and high winds; it's how towers actually stand.
Unless you hit the buildings with the bomb, they would stay standing just fine. They're not going to topple from the shockwave unless the bomb is extremely high-yield.

You're overestimating how recoil works. Yes, it would be severe; but those chains, like a lot of the other Horde constructions throughout Northrend, are made out of the strongest metals they can find. They'd hold just fine. The recoil wouldn't exactly make it be fun to be on the ship at the time, but it's not going to destroy the ship.

As to "other cannons;" the Hammer has 6 pintle-mounted guns, three on either side, that can be deployed by opening the panels, or pulled in to seal the lower level of the ship. It also has four large pivoting cannons, two on either side, for dealing with ground targets (mounted near the front of the ship).
Its guns are just as useful as the Skybreaker's, and have a much greater field of fire. The Skybreaker has more, but they have much less open choices of targets.

You must Remeber that Silvermoons foundatian was weakend greatly durning the scourge invasion, and Also regardless you simply need to hit the Chains holding the balloons or the balloons them selves to bring it down.

During World War 2 the British developed the "Block Buster" Bomb which did do exploasive damage but focased on the shockwave developed. A Block Buster bomb of that size would cause large building collapses and Rock ledges to collapse.

The Alliance has a gaint industrial capacity, and could make many bombs like that, and wouldnt drop one by its self but several at a time
85 Undead Rogue

The Alliance has a gaint industrial capacity, and could make many bombs like that, and wouldnt drop one by its self but several at a time

No they don't.. they don't have factories that could pump these things out monthly or weekly or however long it takes to make them.
85 Dwarf Paladin
People People!. As a Response to the Person who said it could not flatten a city: I ment it in a way that the Horde cities have some bad geograpical locatians for such. As I stated with Orgrimmar and Silvermoon.
I Must also adress the Orgrims hammer gun, again. The Recoil from the gun would break the chains holding the ship up or just send the entire ship kreening into a mountian. The Orgrims hammer must also TURN to use and can not fire it up, while the skybreaker has cannons that can fire up and down.

... You'd take out The Drag, and maybe the Cleft of Shadow.
That still leaves three very angry districts of trolls and orcs, who have many ways to attack.
Never mind how much Orgrimmar is changing in Cataclysm.
And tall structures only topple if you actually cause structural damage to them; Silvermoon would be just fine. You can't get a tall structure to stay standing without making it structurally sound, and in order for that to be true it has to be able to shift back and forth a bit on its foundation. Its how we deal with earthquakes and high winds; it's how towers actually stand.
Unless you hit the buildings with the bomb, they would stay standing just fine. They're not going to topple from the shockwave unless the bomb is extremely high-yield.
You're overestimating how recoil works. Yes, it would be severe; but those chains, like a lot of the other Horde constructions throughout Northrend, are made out of the strongest metals they can find. They'd hold just fine. The recoil wouldn't exactly make it be fun to be on the ship at the time, but it's not going to destroy the ship.
As to "other cannons;" the Hammer has 6 pintle-mounted guns, three on either side, that can be deployed by opening the panels, or pulled in to seal the lower level of the ship. It also has four large pivoting cannons, two on either side, for dealing with ground targets (mounted near the front of the ship).
Its guns are just as useful as the Skybreaker's, and have a much greater field of fire. The Skybreaker has more, but they have much less open choices of targets.

The Skybreaker is better for two reasons:
First it has life boats so if its about to blow they get in the life boats fly to saftey and watch as the Breaker craches into the Hammer causing both shipp to blow.
The second reason is that it has been proven that the Breaker will win:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CX0hvBZ0epM
Edited by Erthad on 11/6/2010 7:09 PM PDT
90 Tauren Paladin
Well maybe some personal evidence of mine can help here. I went by MYSELF into the skybreaker through the nice open part where the pretty little bomb is and killed every single npc on the flying fail boat, then when some of your noobs came along to try and defend. I swiftly destroyed all 7 of them. 5 of which were level 80. Alliance cannot beat horde, EVER.
discussion done... over.... destroyed
NOTE: All Alliance arguments up to this point and hereafter are now mute and should not be considered seriously as they are alliance afterall ^_^
85 Dwarf Paladin
So I have done the same to the Horde boat. Also the bombay has doors.
85 Undead Rogue

First it has life boats so if its about to blow they get in the life boats fly to saftey

It has two small life boats. Woah

and wath as the Breaker craches into the Hammer causing both shipp to blow.

I hope you're kidding.
85 Dwarf Paladin

First it has life boats so if its about to blow they get in the life boats fly to saftey

It has two small life boats. Woah

and wath as the Breaker craches into the Hammer causing both shipp to blow.

I hope you're kidding.

I am.
85 Goblin Shaman
I'm pretty sure that's just a large airborne bomb. I see no reason for it to be considered nuclear, or powerful enough to wipe out cities: if so, they would have used it on ICC. I'm pretty sure it's just a standard, if somewhat large, bomb, put there for aesthetic purposes by Blizzard as an accessory to the airship.

I am 99.9% certain that they will never, ever incorporate the SUPER SPECIAL NUCLEAR BOMB ON THE SKYBREAKER into the game or lore. Perhaps bombs will be dropped from airships, but nothing notable if you ask me.
85 Human Death Knight
I'm pretty sure that's just a large airborne bomb. I see no reason for it to be considered nuclear, or powerful enough to wipe out cities: if so, they would have used it on ICC. I'm pretty sure it's just a standard, if somewhat large, bomb, put there for aesthetic purposes by Blizzard as an accessory to the airship.

I am 99.9% certain that they will never, ever incorporate the SUPER SPECIAL NUCLEAR BOMB ON THE SKYBREAKER into the game or lore. Perhaps bombs will be dropped from airships, but nothing notable if you ask me.

Ever heard of the there Always be a lich king? yeah thats Blizzard anwser to the whole, "Why dont we just nuke ICC?" thread at the Beginning of wrath.

And also the Issue with One gunship VS Massive amounts of Frostwyrms and a compeeting horde gunship
85 Human Death Knight

No they don't.. they don't have factories that could pump these things out monthly or weekly or however long it takes to make them.

The Alliance is known to have a large industrial capacity as it has acess to more resources than the Horde, also you must realise and think of this like German Producing during WW2 and American producing. The Americans ( Alliance) Plants and Factorys were never bombed while the Germans production areas were harrased and destoryed.
90 Gnome Warlock
from judging how the gnomes are, they would probably never build another radiation bomb after how bad it went in gnomer. They are alliance sure, but they are considered to be one of the friendliest races in the game. I just don't think they would willing subject another race to that. Secondly, the Skybreaker is flying over icecrown, radiation probably wouldn't stop the scourge any, not to mention both sides have troops on the ground, so it would only work against them in the end. it's probably more likely to be some sort of napalm bomb that could turn flesh and bone to ash quickly.
Edited by Viral on 11/6/2010 10:32 PM PDT
100 Night Elf Warrior
Not that i am saying anything by this but there seams to be a "lot of things arn't always as they appear" in here. I would like to remind people that most of the time things are exactly as they appear.
Edited by Alare on 11/7/2010 12:36 AM PDT
85 Orc Warlock

Also: The Bomb on the Skybreaker would have made an excellent weapon in Icecrown because regardless if it was nuclear or a gaint fire/napalm bomb. It would melt all the ice and turn the entire zone into a swimming pool. Icecrown glacier would become Melted icecream hill

You obviously have no idea how recoil works. The ship isn't held up by "chains", it's held up by two well-armored air balloons, while the gun itself is secured to the mounting of the ship. That gun wouldn't destroy the ship from "recoil", that would simply be impossibly shoddy engineering. The Orgrim's Hammer has multiple guns mounted on it's sides capable of firing up and down. It his multiple fields of fire, with it's main firepower held in the front main gun. Which, I might add, the Skybreaker cannot counter, due to it's lack of forward mounted cannons. Also, you again vastly overestimate the power of the Skybreaker explosive.

While underestimating the power of the Lich King. I doubt Icecrown is even melt-able.
85 Orc Warlock

The Alliance is known to have a large industrial capacity as it has acess to more resources than the Horde, also you must realise and think of this like German Producing during WW2 and American producing. The Americans ( Alliance) Plants and Factorys were never bombed while the Germans production areas were harrased and destoryed.

Double Posting, this is a good troll.

The Alliance has no more access to resources than the Horde, and come Cataclysm, the Horde will in fact have more. The only true resource producing power the Alliance could have is the dwarves with rare minerals, and the nelves for lumber, which comes to an end when the Orcs sack and burn Ashenvale. The Blood Elves are our source of lumber, the orcs mine saronite in sufficient quantities to produce gunships and fortresses out of them, and the goblins provide us with all the resources we require, even before they join us in Cataclysm.

Also, the Alliance is not America, the second part of your post is completely irrelevant. If you wanted to compare the two, The Horde frequently harasses Alliance supply lines, and kills your soldiers in almost any straight up conflict. (Grizzly Hills, Broken Front, etc.)
100 Night Elf Warrior

The Alliance has no more access to resources than the Horde, and come Cataclysm, the Horde will in fact have more. The only true resource producing power the Alliance could have is the dwarves with rare minerals, and the nelves for lumber, which comes to an end when the Orcs sack and burn Ashenvale. The Blood Elves are our source of lumber, the orcs mine saronite in sufficient quantities to produce gunships and fortresses out of them, and the goblins provide us with all the resources we require, even before they join us in Cataclysm.

I am in the Beta and i got to say the *@%% are you talking about? The flight points for the horde by the end of it all in Ashenvale are for the most part a game play thing. we destroy your logging came there so. . . . . what?

But if your going to spend all night arguing about this fine whatever.
Edited by Alare on 11/7/2010 1:26 AM PDT
85 Dwarf Paladin
The Alliance has no more access to resources than the Horde, and come Cataclysm, the Horde will in fact have more.
umm no Cataclysm is bringing the two factions closer together in terms of strength the Alliance still has more but the gap is now smaller
The only true resource producing power the Alliance could have is the dwarves with rare minerals, and the nelves for lumber,
Wrong, all of the Human lands are filled with mines and lumber, also SW has the ability to mass produce(Harbor and Dwarven District)
which comes to an end when the Orcs sack and burn Ashenvale.
Horde is pushed back and Nelves don't cut trees down to get lumber.
The Blood Elves are our source of lumber,
Can you prove it because Blood Elves seem to defensive of their woods to let Orcs come in and chop them down
the orcs mine saronite in sufficient quantities to produce gunships and fortresses out of them,
First we don't know what kind of metal it is and second the Alliance did just as much mining in Northrend as the Horde.
and the goblins provide us with all the resources we require, even before they join us in Cataclysm.
No they only gave manufacturing power even then Horde had to spec alot of money to make it and the Goblins still have not had the time to build alot of factories
Also, the Alliance is not America, the second part of your post is completely irrelevant.
We are not, but In Cataclysm the Horde is being attacked(except in Ashenvale) the barrens are under attack and the resources are threatened.
If you wanted to compare the two, The Horde frequently harasses Alliance supply lines, and kills your soldiers in almost any straight up conflict. (Grizzly Hills, Broken Front, etc.)
Broken Front was retarded of the Horde and it only strengthened the Scourge, Grizzley Hills both sides are fighting for old Venture Co lumber camps. We kill Horde troops to. Also Horde mining operations in the Barrens are threatened by the Alliance.
86 Troll Hunter
Lets just say what this thread is really about. Who would beat up who.

Alliance could Nuke Ogrimmar? Well our Shamans could Flood Stormwind or we could bomb it. Hey open in a basement and place a bomb ourselves. Let the Russians tell you it doesn't have to be a nuke to be an all destroying explosion. See how that works? It doesn't.

There are infinite possibilities on how a war could go. Magic and strategy are two things we cannot factor for. Also a note on technology.

i want you to look around and see what is missing when you see technology in the making. Factories. Sure the Goblins, Gnomes Naruu/Dreanie are technological...but not Industrialized. There is a very very big difference. You see two things are missing that make Industrialization possible. Standardized parts and assembly line production. Barring game mechanics, most everything on azeroth is still hand made. Master craftsman and specialized teams are the ones who make nigh everything and for advanced technology are usually the only ones who can operate and keep up with maintenance of such personalized equipment. Assembly lines and standardized parts makes everything far cheaper, faster and easier to produce while also making such things far easier to replace.

The only people that have the industrial power are Goblins but we Horde only get the Bilgewater Cartel, not Kezan which is where the factory complexes are located. So ya, not a factor.

Truly the First nation to realize this and kick it into production mode will be the one who conquers the planet.

P.S Blizzcon, said that Kezan was not destroyed with the Eruption and we would be returning to it some day.
85 Dwarf Paladin
Dwarves Gnomes and Humans are all industrialized to what degree is up to debate.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Workshop
86 Troll Hunter
Dwarves Gnomes and Humans are all industrialized to what degree is up to debate.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Workshop

Which promptly fits into what i just said.

The workshop is a hideaway where dwarven smiths labor amid smoke and steel to create their unique innovations. Flying gyrocopters are assembled at this location, as well as heavily armored steam tanks. Artillery is thoroughly researched in workshops, providing ammunition for the mobile dwarven mortar teams.[1] Exceptional tinkers have made this community their home. Signs of a workshop include; sturdy clockwork devices assisting the locals in their labors, stockpiles of mechanical parts, and phlogiston collectors.

That is not industrialization.
85 Dwarf Paladin
Do we even know if Kezan had factories and was industrialized or was it just like Workshops.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]