Worgen/ Goblin Paid race Change question

90 Draenei Death Knight
Will we be able to paid race change to these races on 12:00 AM PDT, December 7th with the release of Cataclysm?
Reply Quote
- Customer Support
100 Tauren Druid
There has, as of yet, been no formal announcement as to the timing of the availability of paid services with regards to the new races and race/class combinations.
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Death Knight
Keep an eye on General Forums.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Well, recalling a blue post from a while back, I was under the impression that we'd be able to roll the new class/race combination prior to Cataclysm's launch. I do recall them mentioning that there may be restrictions on Worgen/Goblin, but they had since changed the realm firsts regarding those races (You have to level from 1-85 to be eligible). So I was hoping to perhaps get some official response in regards to this, so I know whether to have my money eeady or not :P
Reply Quote
- Customer Support
100 Tauren Druid
Well, recalling a blue post from a while back, I was under the impression that we'd be able to roll the new class/race combination prior to Cataclysm's launch.

Correct. You will be able to roll the new combinations with 4.0.3(probably version a).

So I was hoping to perhaps get some official response in regards to this, so I know whether to have my money eeady or not :P

I'm sure you'd love one. So would a lot of other people. If the blues here knew the answer, they would not be at liberty to reveal it, until such time as the community team has made a formal announcement (which is why Alvie directed you to the General Forums, which is the CMs' domain).
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Death Knight
Point is - there hasn't been a determination made in regards to race changes, and not likely going to be announced any time soon.
Reply Quote
83 Orc Death Knight
i DID see that the lv 85 world/ server firsts only count on goblins /worgan that were leveled from 1. so im PRETTY sure that you can race change and make DKs of those races but they dont get to spam brag about being first 85. .BTW not happy about my icon being what ever random toon im on :P
Reply Quote
80 Orc Shaman
I've got a hunch that says we'll be able too immediately. However since they haven't given an official announcement on it yet I cant be sure.

But it just seems unlikely blizzard would pass on all that easy money that really doesn't have a reason not too. Especially when they put in those achievements for Realm First! but have to have completed the starter quests which cant be done unless you create a goblin or worgen from level 1 because its all phased.

I mean really? What would be the downside on anyone's part? Other than the fact that the worgen are gonna take over the alliance :P
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
As a long time fan of all thing goblin, I really wanna know too :3 Mah shaman needs to be a goblin!
Reply Quote
3 Human Warrior
I would prefer the worgen and goblins not be offered as part of the race change service.
Suddenly, we see level 80 worgen and goblins. Where did they come from? They were both confined within their territories, essentially. Is there that much danger within those territories to develop the experience a level 80 would have? If so, how could a level 1 possibly survive?

Edit: You're playing an RPG, folks.
Edited by Rodent on 11/6/2010 12:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I would like to think they wouldnt allow this until at least one person has gotten realm first! 85 goblin/worgen, but knowing blizz they will probably allow this once it first comes out.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
i don't think blizz will let people race change to goblin or worgen for the achievement reason. well if they give that option a lot of people will race change and try to get realm first goblin or realm first worgen and that's not really fair to the people who are starting at level 1.
Reply Quote
3 Human Warrior
I would prefer the worgen and goblins not be offered as part of the race change service.

Suddenly, we see level 80 worgen and goblins. Where did they come from? They were both confined within their territories, essentially. Is there that much danger within those territories to develop the experience a level 80 would have? If so, how could a level 1 possibly survive?

Very carefully.

Also lolRP.

MMO...RPG!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
Definitely interested in this... The novelty of Gnome has worn off a lil in the past few years! Its either I pay for a Worgen racial switch or I might roll either a Worgen Druid or Warrior. Time will tell.

But yea I can't see how they would allow this immediately after launch. I would bet there will be a delay pending certain criteria are met (ie realm first lvl 85, etc.)
Edited by Gahbedge on 11/6/2010 12:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Rogue
I did read that a Dev said he wanted a bit of time before faction change was available for worgen.
Reply Quote
93 Human Paladin
If they base it on community majority, then they'll wait some time. I know some want to be able to, but most want the full experience and if they are like me, want everyone else to be forced to face the full experience :P

As long as I can race change my shaman to a dwarf at the beginning, I'm happy. No excuse to have a Draenei toon ever again ... woot.
Reply Quote
3 Human Warrior
If you're allowed to immediately change races to a worgen and goblin, then spend x amount of time as a lvl 80 questing to lvl 85, I think it's safe to say you will have a different perspective of the new content, as compared to someone that rolled a new toon for the upcoming races.

You would miss much of the new expansion.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]