Health Pools at 85

- World of Warcraft
90 Human Mage
I may have missed it over on the old forums, but I don't remember seeing discussion of this so I thought I'd mention it. A major buff to health pools came in the latest beta patch.

Old health:
37113 + (stamina - 18) * 10
With 5314 stamina: 90073 health

New health:
37113 + ((stamina - 19) * 14 + 6)
With 5314 stamina: 111249 health

I took the stamina from a PvE-geared T11 premade Mage. Haven't checked other classes.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I may have missed it over on the old forums, but I don't remember seeing discussion of this so I thought I'd mention it. A major buff to health pools came in the latest beta patch.
Old health:
37113 + (stamina - 18) * 10
With 5314 stamina: 90073 health
New health:
37113 + ((stamina - 19) * 14 + 6)
With 5314 stamina: 111249 health
I took the stamina from a PvE-geared T11 premade Mage. Haven't checked other classes.

I believe Ghostcrawler did say that one of the things they were considering was another across-the-board health bump. With that, it looks like they went ahead and are trying that out.
Edited by Jellex on 11/6/2010 4:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Death Knight
Resilience did "fix" it as much as one stat could.

If you honestly think a combined resilience buff and 40% stamina buff won't help slow down the game, you're just ranting. You're not actually looking for a "solution" to whatever "problems" you're angry about: you've already made up your mind and are just rationalizing the multitude of evidence against your pessimism away.

Wrath and Cataclysm are two very different expansions. Burning Crusade wasn't an accident, nor was Wrath of the Lich King. Cataclysm will change this game just as much. Either take your head out of the sand or stay off the forums. If you can't give Blizzard any benefit of the doubt, you're wasting everyone's time.

Confirmation bias is apparently really fun.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
We're obviously going to see an increase in DPS - I wonder why the increase in HP instead of a scaling back of giant hard-hitting abilities?

Is it a PVP affecting PVE type thing I wonder?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
They can't really scale back the damage. They want people to feel like they are getting more powerful as they level, they also want to force everyone to more or less replace all their ICC gear (be 10, 25 or heroic) before they step foot into the first tier of Cataclysm raiding. So their only recourse for slowing down the game while also allowing us to feel more powerful, is to massively buff health pools.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
We're obviously going to see an increase in DPS - I wonder why the increase in HP instead of a scaling back of giant hard-hitting abilities?

Quite the reverse actually. They can't dip damage down too much cause of Lord Meters (may he rule forever) so they increase the HP to a large enough degree that we don't get globalled in pvp in the process. Of course they have decided to scale back healing so dps don't feel as tethered to a healer and can rambo around to their hearts content.

I honestly don't really care how much they increase the HP in terms of balance unless they look at healing @85. One healer equaling one dps in terms of output in beta does not sound pleasant (sans cc's :)).
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock

Quite the reverse actually. They can't dip damage down too much cause of Lord Meters (may he rule forever) so they increase the HP to a large enough degree that we don't get globalled in pvp in the process. Of course they have decided to scale back healing so dps don't feel as tethered to a healer and can rambo around to their hearts content.

I honestly don't really care how much they increase the HP in terms of balance unless they look at healing @85. One healer equaling one dps in terms of output in beta does not sound pleasant (sans cc's :)).

I might have worded that badly, lol. I just meant perhaps they're not decreasing DPS in PVP because they want people to enjoy big numbers in PVE.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
I might have worded that badly, lol. I just meant perhaps they're not decreasing DPS in PVP because they want people to enjoy big numbers in PVE.

Precisely. It doesn't matter how big the numbers are - what matters is how they interact with other numbers.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight

I don't think 1 healer should fall over and die to one dps so long as they have mana, BUT I think all healers should run OOM in pvp after tanking a similarly geared damage dealer for 7-10 minutes if they're never getting peels and drink oppurunities.

No healer should be able to heal forever in arena without drinking. Hard OOMing and having to setup drinks with your teammates should be hard realities in every match.

The ability for specific healers to never run OOM in wotlk arena, without even needing to drink, is basically the primary problem with wotlk 2v2.

If no healer could make it more than 10 minutes in a 2v2 match without drinking, 2v2 would be ALOT more fun. This would also mean that drinking, and playing defensively to allow your healer to drink while stuffing the opponents drinks, would become a very real part of 3v3 as well. And frankly I really like that idea.

IMO the model of mana regeneration that disc priests had for wotlk in arenas is the model that all healers should have in cataclysm arena.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]