RE: warriors vs. other classes

99 Undead Death Knight
I'm going to be honest here, warriors have always seemed a little bland to me. I have played a priest/DK/rogue and have found them all to be really engaging classes while leveling, in pvp, and raiding. I am going to be re-rolling alliance when cataclysm comes out, after a 1-year break from the game and am thinking about making a warrior worgen (the other classes I am considering are priest/lock), but I still have my doubts about being bored playing them - anything you guys can tell me to support your favorite class and perhaps convince me to give the warrior a shot? And since I have been gone for a year, and don't really know much about warriors anyway in pvp (besides what I know from fighting them), how are they looking in Cata? Any input will be appreciated.

TL;DR - Never had a warrior, been away for a year, rolling alliance in cata, will a warr be fun to lvl/good at pvp?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
Leveling one got infinitely more fun with the last patch. As Arms, Charge>VR>HS>Melee swing, next mob. It's insanely fast and you never have to stop. As prot you can run in, grab an entire room, hit shield block, revenge/cleave/T-clap spam with VRs thrown in for healing and go pull more. It's even faster.

Tanking, we're one of the most engaging tanks simply because we have so many tools and so many ways to keep the attention of whatever it is that's trying to eat you.

I admittedly don't know much about PvP but I've known people to make their warrior their main simply because they found the PvP to be that much more fun.
Reply Quote
99 Undead Death Knight
That's definitely good to know! I am leaning more towards warrior, they also look completely badass with nice gear.
Reply Quote
80 Human Warrior
Playing a warrior will put hair on your chest.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
Playing a warrior will put hair on your chest.

Pretty much this, but Lvling as prot is really fun.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Warrior
Level Arms, for sure. And at 80, Fury DPS output is arguably the best in the game presently. Not sure how that'll work out in Cata, but I'm sure warriors will remain a very competitive class.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
Once you get the idea of using charge/intervene/intercept you might find that playing a warrior is quite interactive. The ability to change and move to another target almost instantly is what has kept me playing the warrior class. Especially once you can use charge in combat through the arms/prot tree or refresh the use of intercept through fury.

I've enjoyed Arms PvP. But never had the time to put it in for arenas with IRL friends. The experience is really up to you. Try it out when you have the chance.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
I have tried rogue, ret paladin, and warrior. Out of those I think warrior is the most fun.

Leveling as arms I was charging into packs of 4-5 mobs and just wiping the floor with them and coming out at 100% hp lol.

Warrior might seem "simpler" and one-dimensional, and they are, you get up in people's faces and smash em. However there are lots of things you can do, like learning to mitigate damage and survive, proper use of intercept and intervene and 1h+shield.
Reply Quote
99 Undead Death Knight
More fun that a rogue you say? Well I think I will have to try one out for sure. First time on the alliance side as well, should be interesting. Any further tips on leveling would be welcome! Sounds like arms is the fastest way from what I've heard.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
before the patch, i tried to roll prot but... it sucked
no way to heal yourself and took forever to kill something
after the patch..., make sure that if u roll prot to grab Blood and Thunder
you can then run into a room of about 50 mobs, pull em all and then kill them all within 20 seconds of each mob coming into range of you and then walk out with shining armor and about 1/2 the hp you came in with lol

*if you figure out the correct rotation ;)
i wont tell you it because thats the fun of rolling a prot warrior :D*
Edited by Kerex on 11/6/2010 3:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
99 Undead Death Knight
That's good! I like a challenge.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
More fun that a rogue you say? Well I think I will have to try one out for sure. First time on the alliance side as well, should be interesting. Any further tips on leveling would be welcome! Sounds like arms is the fastest way from what I've heard.

Personally I'd recommend prot for leveling. Better survivability, similar damage until you get to end game gear, charge in combat about 20-30 levels sooner than Arms... it's just a really good all around option.
Reply Quote
88 Orc Warrior
I've started to play warrior recently and I'm having a lot of fun. I'll tell you my experience. This comes from years and years of gameplay with almost every class at 80 (DK/pally/priest are mid-70s).

Don't play a warrior if you want to be OP at all times and in all places. There are better classes for that.

Don't play a warrior if you want to faceroll while your flipping channels on TV and sipping on your Pepsi. There are better classes for that.

Play a warrior when you want to get your heart pumping. Your kills feel earned far more than any other class. It is a very visceral playstyle. I love it. You feel like you beat someone when you walk away victor. You can't just spam icelance and win. You need to be smart or you pay the price. Fun times :)
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Warrior
Warrior is a challenge. If you like challenges..then it's the class for you.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior
Most interactive tanking class in-game. Dunno how that will change for Cata though.

What i dont like is that, it all started with warriors as tanks, and then Blizzard gave all our cool to the others. Wtb more warrior love blizzard. Make us OP for something again...at least tanking, seeing we need to be putting 2x the effort compared to others.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Why is Blood Craze getting nerf in PTR 4.0.3 - Build 13245 ? It seem like all other classes get all the cool toys and once we get something that we can be happy about it gets ruined.

Blood Craze now regenerates 1/2/3% of your total health over 5 sec, down from 2.5/5/7.5%.

It's not like we can heal our selfs on demand like other classes. Enraged Regeneration and 30 second's of Last stand is all we got.
Reply Quote
80 Human Warrior
Blood Craze now regenerates 1/2/3% of your total health over 5 sec, down from 2.5/5/7.5%.

It's not like we can heal our selfs on demand like other classes. Enraged Regeneration and 30 second's of Last stand is all we got.

Put the points into incite if the nerf goes live.

Might as well remove the talent and make friends with more healers.
Reply Quote
99 Undead Death Knight
Since it is the only role I haven't really explored yet I am thinking of being a tank once I reach max level so learning the prot skills as I level seems like it will help me with that. I just wanted to make sure that I am not going to spend a minute killing one mob, but from what you guys are saying that won't be the case at all >.<
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Warrior
well, i gotta say my warrior is definitely the funnest class ive ever played. through all spectrums of gameplay; tanking, dps, pvp, lvling. pvp is a steep learning curve tho, and very gear dependant. i suggest taking time to look up macros that can clean ur action bar up and make things a little easier
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]