Outdated Prot Guide, Please remove.

(Locked)

85 Night Elf Warrior
I wouldn't consider it mandatory, but I'll mention it.
Edited by Dellingr on 11/7/2010 3:39 PM PST
85 Tauren Warrior
Arrrrgh... Wowhead didn't have a CD listed yet on the Eng. belt enchant. I was hoping it wouldn't be 5min, but looks like this torpedoes my hopes of using it as a replacement short CD. *sigh* I'll start mining an ore stockpile to powerlevel BS or JC once I hit 85.

EDIT: Very nice guide, btw Dell. Thanks very much.
Edited by Onyxhorn on 11/8/2010 10:22 AM PST
85 Tauren Warrior
Any chance the +208 Mastery/Parry/Dodge Cogwheels help make Engineering a little more appealing? I realize that comes out to roughly 1.20 Mastery points or barely over 1.5% block/Crit Block and waaaay less Dodge/Parry %. Mainly just trying to figure out if those 2 slots combined are better than a Stam combo gem in a non-eng headpiece during T11.
85 Night Elf Warrior
The cogwheel slots seem more akin to the secondary stats on an alternative piece of gear, you just get to choose what you use (note the complete lack of stats other than str/stam on the piece.) Thinking of the Helmet as having no sockets but a meta would probably be more accurate.
85 Tauren Warrior
Yep, and compared to our T11 359 helm (http://cata.wowhead.com/item=60328) the itemization available on the secondary avoidance stat (in this case Dodge) is higher than what the cog would provide even without the socket factoring in. /sadpanda
Maybe if I continue to stick with underpowered classes and professions eventually one will get a buff?

Edit: grammar fail
Edited by Onyxhorn on 11/8/2010 10:56 AM PST
85 Night Elf Warrior
Herp Derp I'm bad, you're right.
Edited by Dellingr on 11/9/2010 9:08 PM PST
90 Night Elf Warrior
Great guide, Dell! Many thanks.
82 Troll Death Knight
Nice work. I had a Human Prot Warrior way back when, and I'm making a BE Prot Warrior come Cataclysm, so it's good to have some prep-time reading material. Thanks muchly!
85 Night Elf Warrior
In short, I'm an idiot and had to rewrite my priority system. Fixed.
85 Troll Warrior
Since The Thunderstruck buff lasts 20 secs and ideally you'd be refreshing rend every 15 secs would it be a TPS gain to pick up the talent since it buffs both the base damage of rend and thunderclap but also the stacking buff to shockwave.
- Technical Support
100 Human Warrior
wtb level 85 right now, just not enough talent points yet!
85 Night Elf Warrior
Thunderstruck still provides an extremely small threat increase (less than 1% for 2 points); it is still a last tier threat talent. Its additional threat is similar to cruelty single target.
Edited by Dellingr on 11/10/2010 6:28 PM PST
90 Human Warrior
Thank you for posting this Dell! Glad to see Drow is still going strong!!
Edited by Navmartigan on 11/12/2010 4:24 AM PST
100 Draenei Warrior
Thread deserves a sticky
100 Human Warrior
one thing i dont get about the talent builds is that you left out Blitz
i think this is a key talent for snap aggro
with that extra 10 rage you can pop rend and a tclap then let the dps go wild for a while
85 Night Elf Warrior
Shout before you charge. 2 points for 10 rage that is useful once per encounter is an extremely poor use of points.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]