Outdated Prot Guide, Please remove.

(Locked)

76 Troll Warrior
I miss wall climbing so bad. That's how I used to spend my idle time in cities. Now I'm stuck just jumping in circles, D:

Grief lowbies.

I had a GM turn me into a Giraffe and then launch me out of the Gurubashi stadium once.

Apparently someone reported me because I was continuously bladestorming the chest to kill the lowbies that went for it.
90 Pandaren Warrior
I miss wall climbing so bad. That's how I used to spend my idle time in cities. Now I'm stuck just jumping in circles, D:

I miss climbing up to the top of Ironforge and using a Noggenfogger Elixir to slowfall all the way to Menethil.
85 Night Elf Warrior

I miss climbing up to the top of Ironforge and using a Noggenfogger Elixir to slowfall all the way to Menethil.

You can still do that, afaik. Theres a spot you can slowfall from outside IF that gets you to the hill on the airport.
Excellent guide, thank you Dellingr.

As for the proposition that it is your burden to produce the numbers, I respectfully disagree. This is not a polemic carrying the "burden" of persuasion, nor is it a commissioned work bearing expectations of persuasion. It is a guide and, as such, is a reference work comparable to a Wikipedia entry. In my view, such a piece provides consolidated information from sources that are traceable if the reader is willing to pursue the data.

Good job.
85 Tauren Warrior
...is a reference work comparable to a Wikipedia entry...

Analogy fail: Wikipedia requires ample citation or the topic gets a big label at the top that says something like "this information has not been validated."

There was a slight misunderstanding in perspective, but it's all good now.
2 Night Elf Hunter
Is there any way you can test for me in the Beta that rage generation from shield specialization is really mandatory? Why not 2 points into cruelty instead. In ICC 25 on bosses it doesn't seem like rage is terrible with just 1 point in this talent.

Thanks
85 Night Elf Warrior
I question how you're not bumping into rage issues single target at 1/3, short of tanking in large amounts of DPS gear. Not enough heroic strike use? I can starve myself fairly easily at even 2/3.
Edited by Dellingr on 11/18/2010 10:36 PM PST
85 Night Elf Warrior
Basic consumables section done.
Edited by Dellingr on 11/19/2010 1:01 PM PST
85 Orc Warrior
I have been on and off due to work for awhile, even took a 5 month hiatus. This is a very good article! I have been reading to catch back up and prepare for Cataclysm, this was a very helpful guide. This article is apperciated!
85 Night Elf Warrior
The only things that massively stand out are the unenchanted cloak/chest and fast weapon. The reforging mastery breakpoint for overall damage reduction is still questionable, as I haven't done as much research into that as I should have so far. At 80 I'd go whole hog reforging avoidance to mastery while keeping your parry/dodge ratings similar, just because it smooths out rage gen quite a bit and shouldn't be noticeably different in terms of healability.
Edited by Dellingr on 11/19/2010 1:13 PM PST
85 Tauren Warrior
I question how you're not bumping into rage issues single target at 1/3, short of tanking in large amounts of DPS gear. Not enough heroic strike use? I can starve myself fairly easily at even 2/3.

I ran into the same problems at 1/3. 3/3 felt like I was losing alot to overage but that's not very scientific. I'm hurting for rage early on at 2/3 but after a few seconds I'm fine (we're talking single target here.) Might've just been an issue of getting used to 4.0 initially though. I bet I would do better at not losing rage now. I should go back to 3/3 and see how it runs.
85 Night Elf Warrior
I just don't like rolling the dice on my rage generation, personally. I prefer to keep my income as smooth as possible, even if there is some overage, to prevent running into periods of extremely low rage.
Edited by Dellingr on 11/19/2010 1:20 PM PST
90 Human Warrior
hey dell, quick question, how did u get the wrathful gladiators longblade if you can only get stuff from the veteran pvp vendor?
7 Tauren Shaman
hey dell, quick question, how did u get the wrathful gladiators longblade if you can only get stuff from the veteran pvp vendor?
i'm guessing it has something to do with all of his arena cheevs

good guide though, i'd been wondering where to put my last few talent points since a lot of them are just threat boosts
Edited by Pathogen on 11/21/2010 2:53 PM PST
85 Night Elf Warrior

I was over 2200 before the end of the season.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]