Nub shadow priest question

I'm leveling a shadow priest now, he's level 31 and I just got the harnessed shadows talent. Can anyone explain shadow orbs to me? I don't see them in my spell book and I don't see it popping up as a buff and the talent doesn't explain what they do.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
Shadow Orb is your mastery.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Priest
Harnessed Shadows in its current form won't do anything for you till you get Orbs later at level 80. It is unclear if Blizzard is listening to us about it that the Orbs need to do something at low levels because of this talent, but it is still unclear if they heard us.

As for the talent itself it increases the chance for you to proc an orb if you do have the Mastery from 10% to 18% and if you take crit damage from an enemy it grants you an orb. At a low level the getting crit part is the only part that will work for you, but again Orbs do not do anything at low levels. So, if you do get an orb to proc it will just float there useless. Hopefully Blizzard will change this as it is quite annoying for low level Priests like yourself.
Reply Quote
I'm leveling a shadow priest now, he's level 31 and I just got the harnessed shadows talent. Can anyone explain shadow orbs to me?

I'm not sure but it's a fair bet that the good people on the Priest forums know. That's probably a better place to post your request.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/1012666/
Reply Quote
I think they explained it pretty well here.
I gotta say the shadow tree is pretty dissappointing up to level 31. I'm trying disc now so hopefully it's better (the talents are certainly more interesting). By the way, it also has serious mana problems with SW:P and plague being so expensive.
Edited by Kylos on 11/7/2010 7:15 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Priest
That is the sad part about it. Shadowform is all dandy, but you really don't get much more exciting stuff till Shadowfiend and Shadowy Apparitions. Before then it is very plain and boring compared to Disc.
Reply Quote
Actually it wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have to drink every 3rd fight in dungeons. Also, if there were useful talents left at lvl 31... the only ones there are pvp utility that isn't very useful for leveling.

Disc, on the other hand, is not quite as good at questing, but still very satisfactory.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]