So what do you think: Landslide or Hurricane?

85 Undead Rogue
Any theorycrafters crunch some numbers yet? Just curious to see whether the general consensus on these enchants has been formed or is even leaning towards on or the other yet.

Landslide=1000 attack power on melee swing proc
Hurricane= 450 haste rating on melee swing proc

I realize we don't know enough about the enchants to make a solid decision yet (whether or not they stack, mat comparisons etc) but I'm thinking if they both do I'll go for Hurricane, as I am hurting for haste since I picked mastery when I reforged for fun.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Rogue
I'm guessing Haste, but we'll know for sure in about a month
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Rogue
Any theorycrafters crunch some numbers yet? Just curious to see whether the general consensus on these enchants has been formed or is even leaning towards on or the other yet.

Landslide=1000 attack power on melee swing proc
Hurricane= 450 haste rating on melee swing proc

I realize we don't know enough about the enchants to make a solid decision yet (whether or not they stack, mat comparisons etc) but I'm thinking if they both do I'll go for Hurricane, as I am hurting for haste since I picked mastery when I reforged for fun.

Things will change come 85, obviously, but I would think that it would mainly depend on if they could stack and what their respective uptimes would be. If we still had Focused Attacks, I'd hazard that Hurricane would pull ahead. Landslide looks to be more appealing though since Rupture isn't affected by haste.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
Truth. I'm wondering if perhaps having both would be viable in any sort of situation. We'll see I guess.

EDIT: Still failing at the new forums, gah
Edited by Comatorium on 11/7/2010 10:41 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
Do we "know" what the proc rates are for these enchants?

As a general note, haste for rogues has always been a stat that gets better as the rest of your gear get better. It could very well be the case that Landslide is what you use for the lower tiers, then use Hurricane once we're able to dance on Deathwing's corpse.

This, of course, is a job for math.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
Landslide, mainhand. Hurricane, offhand.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Rogue
Landslide, mainhand. Hurricane, offhand.

Doubtful unless they're unable to stack. Assuming similar proc mechanics, one will be ahead of the other and likely be so for both weapons, the question really comes down to which it will be. And thats a pretty open question since we don't know relative stat values fully for Cata yet, much less mechanics of the weapon enchants

The one situation in which a mixed enchant setup may be optimal is if Hurricane can proc off of poison procs and Landslide can't, but has higher uptime on a weapon hitting with Instants.

That said, it's unlikely, and while the budgeting appears similar, it should be noted that Landslide is a substantially higher (profession) level enchant, requiring much more expensive mats, and a recipe only available from a shard trade in. By contrast, Hurricane is a leveling pattern. They've also both demonstrated some weird stacking behavior on Beta - i.e. Landslide is honest to god stacking. Like, 1 buff icon with a little number, and I've seen it stack to 3. Hurricane meanwhile, appears to be able to generate 3 independent buffs from MH swing, OH swing, and Spell hit procs... Something funny is going on with both and it's going to make the enchant choice interesting for a while...
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Rogue
What Feist said.
I haven't done any extensive testing on Landslide myself, mostly random heroics and some limited raid testing. I really need to park myself in front of a dummy sometime. But so far, the maximum stack I've witnessed is 3 (3k AP Buff).

Hurricane has gone through a few changes since I started my dummy testing a few builds back. And has been the focus of my tests. I'm a haste junky.. I blame Sunwell pot chugging for that.

Currently (again.. like Feist said) you can generate up to 3 separate buffs. MH, OH and *DOT* procs (Rupture/DP/VIM/Etc...). Some have claimed to have seen upwards of 4, but I have yet to reproduce that myself and am not quite sure how exactly they pulled it off.

Procs from melee swings or specials are set to about a 1PPM, no ICD, with the ability to refresh themselves. Been able to have each refresh up to 4 times, though I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen more with RNG on your side.

Unless something was changed on the latest build (I'll confirm again when I get home) - it does NOT proc off poison application. It will however proc off your DP DOT Tick, Rupture ticks and VIM "ticks". Interesting thing about the spell proc mechanic tho - It does (or did) have an ICD of about 45 seconds and cannot be refreshed.

I posted a threat in the bug reports section of beta asking for clarification on proc behavior a month back - Is it intended to proc of DOT ticks for melee classes. Are poisons supposed to generate a 3rd proc or refresh existing and are they supposed to set off an ICD. But it disappeared with no response.
I'll keep hacking away.
Edited by Darkmisfit on 11/7/2010 2:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
Yes, I've had landslide stack up to 3 times on Beta. I don't have Hurricane yet, so I havent been able to see exactly how it works.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Rogue
Ive noticed on the beta that Hurricane procs off of recuperate (ticks), while Landslide does not....
Just some food for thought
Edited by Equilibria on 11/9/2010 3:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Rogue
There is also one that procs 450 (iirc) nature damage. If that's affected by assassination mastery, could that be a worthwhile one too under certain gear conditions?
Reply Quote
100 Orc Rogue
Keep in mind also that a 1000 AP proc looks great right now at 80, but at 85 it won't really be too special. I'll most likely be going with dual Hurricane.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Rogue
Anyway, isn't the current best enchant for Rogues Mongoose again? Is that largely because of the Agility or the attack speed boost?

It's the agility. The attack speed boost was nerfed quite a while ago from 2% attack speed down to 30 haste rating.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
I sure hope it turns out to be Hurricane because it looks just like Mongoose.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
Just from what I have seen from the people dueling outside of org. in the beta I have seen a lot of rogues with Landslide on both weapons. So if I had to guess pvp wise landslide has to be good in someway.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]