Ravage... wait what?

85 Night Elf Druid
Ravage + Macro = Works
Ravage + Macro + Stampede + Out of stealth = Not working
/discuss
Anyone else having this problem? Im reading a bunch of people macroing Feral Charge(Cat Form) to Ravage and it working just find. I know that Ravage was bugged in 4.0 with macros but apparently its fixed.
Anyways, does anyone else find that this macro works?
/showtooltip
/castsequence reset=9 Feral Charge(Cat Form), Ravage(Cat Form)
It works, just I cant use Ravage for some reason after the feral charge.

EDIT: After further testing, I find that IF Ravage itself is SOMEWHERE on any of of my action bars, the macro macro work. I take it off though, and it stops working.
Edited by Ishiki on 11/7/2010 3:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Ya its an internal error. I think what you are seeing is the following.

1) stempede ravage is a different spell ID then the normal ravage
2) Your macro by default picks up the normal spell id (this happened alot with broken addons when searching by spell name)
3) something about having ravage on the bar makes it call the proper ravage. *shrug*
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Yeah, what I dont get is, some people are able to use the macro. Im stumped. But I guess it can be from person to person.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Are you trying to have the macro do all 3 consitions?
I use the stampede -> ravage macro.
But i don't have an instealth ravage macro
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Nah, all it is, is a macro that uses ravage after a Feral Charge(Cat Form). Its just set in sequence, first the charge, then the Ravage. But I guess its ok now, just I have to use up a action bar spot for Ravage for it to work.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
They need to change the name of the new version of the spell to be Ravage (Stampede) or some such, so we can call on that one specifically. That way I can have a macro like this:

/cast Ravage (Stampede);Shred

To Ravage whenever Stampede is up, but otherwise just shred.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
/cast Ravage (Stampede);Shred

To Ravage whenever Stampede is up, but otherwise just shred.

That wouldn't work, even if there was a "Ravage (Stampede)" spell.

Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Sure it would, Ravage (Stampede) only becomes available with the buff up. Without the buff, the macro wouldn't see that it exists so it would go onto the next ability.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Naw Rin it wouldn't. You used to be able to do things like that with castrandom where if something wasn't available it wouldn't try.

Now it just tries and fails.

You can call the ravage directly with the spell ID
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I have a macro that combines both my feral charges and stuns to one button, like so:
/cast [stance:1]Feral Charge (Bear Form);[stance:3]Feral Charge (Cat Form)
/cast [stance:1]Bash;[stance:3,stealth]Pounce;[stance:3]Maim

If I'm too close for feral charge, it uses my stuns instead. With what you say, it should have failed after attempting Feral Charge at close proximity.

As for casting by spell ID, I have not figured out how to do that yet. Searching says it's impossible. If there was a way, I would be able to make that macro right now.

Also, by available, I mean the spell doesn't exist to place on your hot bar, instead it changes your current Ravage into it's new spellID. It's not a range/stealth condition, it's just not there unless you have Stampede up.
Edited by Rinweth on 11/8/2010 8:12 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I have a macro that combines both my feral charges and stuns to one button, like so:
/cast [stance:1]Feral Charge (Bear Form);[stance:3]Feral Charge (Cat Form)
/cast [stance:1]Bash;[stance:3,stealth]Pounce;[stance:3]Maim

If I'm too close for feral charge, it uses my stuns instead. With what you say, it should have failed after attempting Feral Charge at close proximity.

It's possible things have changed since 4.0.1, but you most definitely couldn't do 'fall through' macros like that before.

Well, you could for some things that were not on the GCD (like trinket activation), but not for skills.

Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
That macro works because FC isn't on the GCD.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
That macro works because FC isn't on the GCD.

Ah you're right, I forgot entirely about it being off GCD.

If that's the case and my proposed macro doesn't work, perhaps they should do that as well with the new Ravage? It's a one off ability that isn't spamable, so it couldn't hurt.
Edited by Rinweth on 11/8/2010 8:30 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I don't think it helps you either though. The FC/ravage macro is the best one.

If you put it to another ability you would use ravage when you don't want to. It's a valuable button press that, at least for me, I want complete control over
Reply Quote
87 Troll Druid
I like to put Faerie Fire (Feral) between FC and Ravage on my macros, just to be extra nasty. =)
Edited by Kashyyk on 12/4/2010 9:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
78 Troll Druid
11/07/2010 8:16 PMPosted by Ishiki
Nah, all it is, is a macro that uses ravage after a Feral Charge(Cat Form). Its just set in sequence, first the charge, then the Ravage. But I guess its ok now, just I have to use up a action bar spot for Ravage for it to work.

This may be nubish...but why?

With feral charge making ravage free is pounce just not worth the damage for the 50 energy on the opener?

I've always been doing feral charge pounce ravage and then so forth.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
#showtooltip
/castsequence [stance:1, target=mouseover,exists,harm] [stance:1] Feral Charge(Bear Form); [stance:3, target=mouseover,exists,harm,nodead] [stance:3] reset=10 Feral Charge(Cat Form), Ravage; Barkskin

This macro works. I have it set this way because I use the Razer Naga and this macro will do something for every form.

#showtooltip
/castsequence [stance:3, target=mouseover,exists,harm,nodead] [stance:3] reset=10 Feral Charge(Cat Form), Ravage

will do just fine though. This macro will Feral Charge at your mouseover, or target and then Ravage. Works in Stealth, No-Stealth, Stampede, No-Stampede, etc.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
I was having this same problem, but I found through recount that a stampeded Ravage shows up on meters like Ravage!, while a stealthed Ravage comes up with no exclamation point, so I simply added ! to my macro #showtooltip /castsequence reset=10 Feral Charge(Cat Form), Ravage! and now it works like a champ. I hope this helps :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]