Cataclysm Healing Enchant

80 Undead Priest
Did anyone else watch the MMO video(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xq3x0lQl5ZM&feature=player_embedded) and see all of these really cool enchant effects than get to the very end and see the Healing enchant - Heartsong and go WTF blizzard +9 damage to weapon rehash! Really!

Now this isn't a very serious complaint...I mostly laughed at myself for the disappointment experienced. But after watching that video and seeing a few really cool weapon enchants and than seeing ours being weapon damage with 3 or 4 sparkles thrown in was a bit disappointing. I know i know beta is beta and I hope that is subject to change lol and really its a superficial thing I rather them work on healer balance but bleh!

Just curious if anyone felt the massive let down from the art department like I did when watching.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
It's one of the few weapon enchants that still allows you to see your weapon, instead of a psychedelic mass of spinning colors.

That's why I like it over the others.
Reply Quote
80 Undead Priest
that is an excellent point.....hmmmmmm

maybe I'll retract my previous opinion
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
It has pretty stars!

But I approve of psychedelic masses of spinning colors. Oh my, Elemental Slayer.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Fun fact: they used to be even worse.

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h314/kaikulu/enchant2.jpg
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h314/kaikulu/enchant1.jpg

Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
It's one of the few weapon enchants that still allows you to see your weapon, instead of a psychedelic mass of spinning colors.

That's why I like it over the others.
'

This is definitely the truth. In fact I like how heart song looks now, where it's just the little sparkles and not the blue aura of whatever.

It would be cool if it looked like that when the effect procs, instead of constantly looking like a roiling mass of flames/leaves/dirt.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Idk if this is the healing enchant, I will probably atleast attempt to use the 500 int proccing enchant, 200 spirit on a proc seems really meh to me.

Do they have the same proc rate/up time? because if so I could not see using the spirit enchant, i mean the 500 int still interacts with spirit no? So thats regen, along with the extra you get from Replinishment...and then not to mention the output, I am leaning more towards the INT proc sticking as the "generic" caster/healer enchant still

"Weapon Power Torrent: Permanently enchant a weapon to sometimes increase Intellect by 500 for 12 sec when dealing damage or healing with spells. "

"Weapon Heartsong: Permanently enchant a weapon to sometimes increase Spirit by 200 for 15 sec when casting spells. "
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
The haste one looks okay too. Our spells scale horribly, not sure how much 500 SP would really help us, and it most likely isn't 500 int worth of usable mana whenever it procs.

But really, yay, another generic blue glow to make my inevitably horrible looking mace look even worse.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Well that's depressing. Heartsong is pretty boring. Why not use the Mending effect? So much more "healy".

I really miss TBC's +healing enchant. The holy yellow bubble streamer.

NOT HAPPY about another expac of blue glow. Blue glow is boring. Make it yellow or green. Heals are yellow and green. The sparkles are ok, but the blue is not.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Heartsong is 200spi for 15sec, 20sec ICD, 25% proc rate
Power Torrent is 500int for 12sec, 45sec ICD, 35% proc rate
Average 1.5sec between casts, then heartsong activates on average every 20 + (1.5/.25) - 0.75 = 25.25 seconds
Then heartsong averages 200spi *(15sec/25.25sec) = 118.8 spirit
Power torrent activates on average every 45 + (1.5/.35) - 0.75 = 48.53sec
Then power torrent averages 500int * 12sec/48.53sec = 123.6 int.
And int EP > spirit EP for pretty much every spec of every class that uses int (and isn't using spirit to get hitcapped) It's why they don't let you reforge stuff into int. Power torrent is better, no question.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. I ran a model of full 346 gear, few gems (normal blue amount), all gemmed Intellect for now, and proper enchants minus the weapon.

For the model, the base raid-buffed MP5 in combat was 3446. With Heartsong, using your uptime numbers, it works out to about 75 MP5 over the course of the fight (126 bonus MP5 while it's up). With Power Torrent, it works out to about 27.5 MP5 over the course of the fight (111 bonus MP5 while it's up).

The same model, with 422 gear and full sockets all gemmed intellect, came out with a 101.5 MP5 increase over the fight with Heartsong and about 37 MP5 for Power Torrent.

In the former case, you're weighing 47.5 MP5 against about 578 spell power for the period that power torrent is up (or about 143 spell power average over the course of the fight). The latter is going to be a bit closer on the MP5 side of things.

Not saying you're wrong, but it's definitely worth looking at as an option if the ICD is 20 seconds (I didn't know it had a lower ICD, so I was writing it off as crap, before, personally).

PS: This IS with full mana buffs and replenishment/might. As far as I know I didn't leave any out.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
When has 1 mp5 ever been better than 3 spellpower?

When I run oom?

Im guessing we will use both. At the beginning of raiding new content mana issues will be our number one concern. As raid dps increases and bosses die faster healers would switch to int for more sp.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Fun fact: they used to be even worse.

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h314/kaikulu/enchant2.jpg
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h314/kaikulu/enchant1.jpg

Not overwrought. Not overwrought at all.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Priest
I think Heartsong, Hurricane, Mighty Agility and Landslide all look good. >.> Just saying. They don't threaten to give me a headache. On the other hand, I'd have liked to see them on a mace, just because that tends to be the default universal healer weapon.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Not another proc. I don't care if it's an int or spi enchant but please not a proc. I hated hated HATED the icc ring cause of this. I never could reapply renew or bubbles if they have like a second left cause hey...stuff I cast while I had a proc on is slightly more powerful.
It caused me so much frustration, I was truly hoping to avoid it in cata...
Edited by Sedivy on 11/8/2010 7:55 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Priest
Not another proc. I don't care if it's an int or spi enchant but please not a proc. I hated hated HATED the icc ring cause of this. I never could reapply renew or bubbles if they have like a second left cause hey...stuff I cast while I had a proc on is slightly more powerful.

I do have to agree with this. Passive bonuses for regeneration are cool on procs. For spellpower, it's really, really annoying.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
When has 1 mp5 ever been better than 3 spellpower?

Efficient heal scaling in Cataclysm is quite a bit lower than the heals spammed in WotLK.

I tentatively will be doing with the spirit enchant personally. If I need to change later I always can.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman

I do have to agree with this. Passive bonuses for regeneration are cool on procs. For spellpower, it's really, really annoying.

Pretty sure GC stated some time ago that you wouldn't be receiving that error anymore, and it'd be up to the player to make sure they weren't overwriting something better. /shrug
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]