Deaths By Hogger

85 Human Paladin
I posted this in the old Suggestion Forum, but these ones are so much cooler so I thought I'd repost it:

For most characters that were max level before WotLK, that 1 death by hogger is a badge of honour. It takes a lot of effort for a level 80 to be killed by Hogger, even though he is the most dangerous beast in all of Azeroth. And for the new characters, and new players, a death by Hogger is a rite of passage.

With his growing in strength and moving to the depths of Stormwind Stockades come Cataclysm, he's really not as cool anymore, and he's going to be killing people a lot more often.

It is my suggestion that a Death By Hogger, before his arrest and beefing up in jail, should become a Feat of Strength.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
As a hint, get naked, duel a friend, taunt hogger, sit on the ground.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Priest
I've never actually died to Hogger on any toon. I even soloed it on my rogue at level 5 with intelligent use of some of the stranger quest rewards they give you in Elwynn.

I don't really consider a number greater than 0 in that stat to be a rite of passage, but an embarrassment. However if it was made a FoS, I'd totally go get it.

Level 5 elitism. Who knew.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Priest
I'd have to be demanding preferential treatment for that to be elitism. Try again.

e·lit·ism
ih-lee-tiz-uhm, ey-lee-
1. practice of or belief in rule by an elite.
2. consciousness of or pride in belonging to a select or favored group.

Try again.

Also, your lack of sense of humor astounds me.
Edited by Tomaj on 11/8/2010 6:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I've never actually died to Hogger on any toon. I even soloed it on my rogue at level 5 with intelligent use of some of the stranger quest rewards they give you in Elwynn.
I don't really consider a number greater than 0 in that stat to be a rite of passage, but an embarrassment. However if it was made a FoS, I'd totally go get it.

Level 5 elitism. Who knew.

I'd have to be demanding preferential treatment for that to be elitism. Try again.

The point I'm trying to make is that Hogger is easily soloable, even by classes that are terrible at soloing elites. There's no reason to have ever died to him.

Just because you're not cool enough to get killed by him.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

D:

Put some clothes on!
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
It so is. You're a belf, you wouldn't know.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin

D:

Put some clothes on!

I kept my tabard on :)
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Priest
Where's humor in calling it a rite of passage? There's nothing funny about it and it isn't a rite of passage.

It's not everyone else's humor, it's your lack of it. No one's saying you have to find it funny, but to dig on everyone else because you don't think it is, is stupid.
Reply Quote

Yowza!
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Priest
It's not just that I don't find it funny, it's that there's a complete lack of a joke to be had, regardless of personal preferences in humor.

Completely subjective. /shrug.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I'm not sure if Selestria knows the history of Hogger.

Sit down, friend, and I shall tell you a tale of long ago, of far out lands, and of treacherous beings. You see, He who is known as Hogger has stood watch over Elwynn Forrest for eons, back when your fathers fathers father was seeking his fortune and adventure.

In those days, many men, or hordes of cows, would go to Elwynn Forest to seek the reward offered to save the lands from this evil Hogger force, but many, nay all, men and cows alike perished in the process.

You, too, may one day die at the hands of the one they call Hogger. Do not take him lightly for he is a greater force than you could imagine.
Reply Quote
I'm trying to make a point that Hogger is easy to solo for anyone, even classes terrible at soloing like rogues. You just have to think it through and do a little more than bum rush him hoping for the best.

Last time I faced Hogger at appropriate level was around the time TBC was released, but if I recall correctly, the problem was not so much in beating Hogger, but rather having the space to do it. With the respawn rate of the non elite mobs around him I had trouble kiting him without getting adds. Of course I was quite new to the game back then.
Reply Quote
I'm not sure if Selestria knows the history of Hogger.

Sit down, friend, and I shall tell you a tale of long ago, of far out lands, and of treacherous beings. You see, He who is known as Hogger has stood watch over Elwynn Forrest for eons, back when your fathers fathers father was seeking his fortune and adventure.

In those days, many men, or hordes of cows, would go to Elwynn Forest to seek the reward offered to save the lands from this evil Hogger force, but many, nay all, men and cows alike perished in the process.

You, too, may one day die at the hands of the one they call Hogger. Do not take him lightly for he is a greater force than you could imagine.

I hear them tell tale of a force of a thousand level 1 Gnomes that assaulted Hogger's hideout. And while many fell that that day(all of them, in fact), the head of Hogger was delivered to the West Brook Garrison. By who? No one knows.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]