Glyph of Intimidating Shout change

85 Tauren Warrior
Did anyone else catch this?

http://cata.wowhead.com/item=45794

I don't recall reading about this change anywhere. While not being a huge change, this certainly does make Int Shout useable in PVE instances now. It's not long, reliable CC or anything but if your tank is taking a beating, you can at least pop this for a quick break now without sending all the mobs streaming into nearby packs.
Reply Quote
Definatall makes is viable for PVE, especially for the 5 mans.

I can't tell you how many times i have see it get used at the wrong time making that trash pull of 4 mobs turn into that royal clusterf*** with 20 mobs.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
Still too long of a CD and too short of a duration to really be totally useful. It's too situational imo.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
What the glyph should have been is like the warlock glyph for fear. It roots one target in place for 20 seconds and reduces the CD drastically.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
The glyph is useful in heroics. The cooldown is long and the duration is short, but you'll find in most heroics there are certain pulls that are really tough. It's not something you'll have up for every pull but it should be up for most of the tougher pulls.

Basically if the tank picks up a handful of mobs, and you all focus 1 down while you fear the others in place, it buys you time to do so in which the tank won't be getting clobbered. It's pretty effective if used properly.

It's one of those things that would be many times more effective in a guild group that communicates than in some facerolling pug group.
Edited by Moozhe on 11/8/2010 12:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
Heh...the hard part with using it will be re-RE-conditioning myself to not immediately apply Rend/TC if I intend to fearbomb a pack within the first 15 sec of the fight.

Agreed it's not super-useful for the most part, but at least now it's not DETRIMENTAL to use in pve. And with the flexibility of glyphs now, it's definitely one to keep near the back of the playbook for those situations where it's helpful.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
The glyph is useful in heroics. The cooldown is long and the duration is short, but you'll find in most heroics there are certain pulls that are really tough. It's not something you'll have up for every pull but it should be up for most of the tougher pulls.

Basically if the tank picks up a handful of mobs, and you all focus 1 down while you fear the others in place, it buys you time to do so in which the tank won't be getting clobbered. It's pretty effective if used properly.

It's one of those things that would be many times more effective in a guild group that communicates than in some facerolling pug group.

The only pulls I saw that it might come in handy are a few in Throne of the Tides. That's really about it tbh.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
The only pulls I saw that it might come in handy are a few in Throne of the Tides. That's really about it tbh.

How do you figure? Any pull with at least 2 mobs in melee range and one of them being CC-able makes our fear useful. The usefulness may vary from pull to pull, but saying it's only useful in one instance is nonsense. It's useful in EVERY instance.

The only time it's not useful is pretty much the same time that every other CC is not useful: when you have large trash mobs that are immune to CC, and when you have the gear/skill to just AOE down pulls of trash mobs and don't bother to CC.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
Well I guess if you're really the only person with a CC which happens pretty rarely as the RDF is pretty good at getting 1-2 CC classes in every group, it has much more use. I just never really saw a time were I felt at a disadvantage for not using it except for those packs in Throne. I think those and possibly some of the packs in later Vortex Pinnacle are where it's useful.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
Heh...the hard part with using it will be re-RE-conditioning myself to not immediately apply Rend/TC if I intend to fearbomb a pack within the first 15 sec of the fight.

Agreed it's not super-useful for the most part, but at least now it's not DETRIMENTAL to use in pve. And with the flexibility of glyphs now, it's definitely one to keep near the back of the playbook for those situations where it's helpful.

Actually, I think they may have changed it in one of the latest beta builds. I just tested it right now and if you Rend+TC all the mobs, then fear them with the glyph, they will tremble in place and the Rend will tick but not break the fear.

Further testing has shown that I can fear, then Rend + Thunder Clap afterward, and the cower effect still won't break from the added Tclap damage.

I was pretty sure it wasn't working like this, so I'm glad they changed it. It is a lot easier to deal with now.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]