The Sad state of Priests come Cataclysm.

85 Undead Priest
mana regen is a big issue only thing I can think of to fix it is to add a talent or somethign similar to what we had that that has a chance to increase mana regenereation by 50% (I forget the name of the talent but it was pre 4.0, Holy Concentration comes to mind though)

You're not talking about meditation are you? They're built into the base of each tree.

http://wowtal.com/#k=.a8t.priest
72 Undead Priest
Time to retire my priests and reroll pally. Things aren't looking good from a pvp PoV for disc.

Nooo the end of the world is coming!

But seriously its going to suck if i spent the time leveling this guy to 80 in the last couple weeks only to go back to my pally once cata comes out. Anyone have any info on Shadow Priests 85?

Are priests going to be viable at all in PVP?
Edited by Exhume on 11/17/2010 7:06 AM PST
woo no priest have been played by the blizzard developers team in the rated BG tests.... guess why :P

edit: on a srs note, where are the priest changes you blizzard said you have in store?

where?...

w...
nvm
Edited by Nuba on 11/17/2010 7:22 AM PST
85 Gnome Priest
On MMO-Champ I also saw that they're buffing our healing spells a bit, that's a start!
First post on new forums I like it!
85 Human Priest
I hope there's a buff - I've been doing some experimenting and what's happened from 4.0.1 until now has made me think of changing my main from this priest to my pally and just make him holy.
85 Undead Priest
This buff did nothing for us, bubble needs to be fixed for dispels and our mana regen either needs to be toned up significantly or we need something to make us more offensive
85 Undead Priest
They also need to buff smite again if they want any of the smite things to be useful at all. Before the changes all the talents at least made atonement better then heal in every way but it was random which was supposed to be its only disadvantage.
85 Goblin Priest
Seriously. This toon dinged a few days ago as well. I almost never go oom. I rarely go lower than 20 k. I heal as disc and I am having lots of fun with it. I have a pally and a warrior as well. I always wanted a priest. I have not played with Holy, and I will be attempting to get in on an icc pug here soon.
Blizz will fix these problems. They are just listening to other QQ right now and don't have time for ours. I find the rotation for disc to be a little clunky but it's not bad.
Evryone whines and cries on the forums. It is depressing. I come here to help myself l2p better, but most of what I see is QQ. I have played this game long enough to know that if you are getting shafted you will get buffed. I remeber the arena days when disc priests were like invincible clothies that were there to piss off underpowered rets (lolret has gone the way of the dodo) etc. I remember how screwed over resto shammys felt at the start of wotlk.
Now, wotlk was the pally show. Now they changed the mechanics and the Paladin forum was all QQQQQQQ.
There will be more utility required in cata. Holy crap you mean we might need to shackle again? I dunno. I am liking the class and enjoying it. I guess when they fix all this broken stuff I will like it even more. All I know is that after last night it was really cool. Meh. What can you do. Either you like the class or not. Took me a few weeks to level this toon.

"Think positive dude" -surfer dude from Platoon.
90 Blood Elf Priest
This buff did nothing for us, bubble needs to be fixed for dispels and our mana regen either needs to be toned up significantly or we need something to make us more offensive
85 Undead Priest
i did not read past the first two pages but nuba is absolutely correct in her op... darkest of days.. and these supposed buffs coming for gh,fh, heal are not the answer at all.
Edited by Reserved on 11/17/2010 6:35 PM PST
85 Gnome Priest

agreed - there needs to be some consequence / deterrent for dispelling bubble (target receives a direct heal, Weakened Soul time reduced, etc.) or a change to offensive dispels.
85 Blood Elf Priest
On survivability...

I'm really worried about adding dispel protection to the game again. It seems like one of those things that when priests get it, druids will want it, then paladins will want it, etc.

I'm all for the penalty for dispelling bubble though. Perhaps a heal, removing the weakened soul debuff, or a short silence? That or just making bubble as a whole undispellable.

And even with any of those, I still feel as if the bubble is too weak, and allows for no breathe time.

Just a few thoughts.
85 Dwarf Priest
Guys you're thinking Disc too much... Preventitive damage is Disc but Holy is healing the damage... All holy really needs is less costly spells or more mana regen... Some greater scaling might help too though... >.>
85 Blood Elf Priest
Disc has also been the best healing PvP spec since season two or three.

And even so, we're just supposed to ignore the spec because there's one that's slightly better? :\
85 Undead Priest
Guys you're thinking Disc too much... Preventitive damage is Disc but Holy is healing the damage... All holy really needs is less costly spells or more mana regen... Some greater scaling might help too though... >.>

No one is saying that holy can't be as viable. The fact of the matter is when you lose your ability to set yourself up to be on the offensive as disc often did you start healing as if you are healing against pve bosses(IE spam healing) and next thing you know you are incapacitated for 3-7 seconds leaving NO breathing room and losing the fight. I don't want to have absolutely no protection against a silence, stun, cyclone or any other form of crowd control (except obviously a one use trinket and gems to reduce certain effects by 10%) when feel that i could of had a form of prevention set up for it (sure there should be times that you are punished but you should also be rewarded for playing the fight correctly by having said means/spells in place to give you a better opportunity to succeed and im finding those do not exist at this current state and time)... WHICH is what disc was all about and blizzard has stripped that from us IMO. Sure there are saves that your partner/partners can throw out but why is that i feel that every other healing class isn't quite as worried about this fact as disc OR holy priests are atm?
Edited by Reserved on 11/18/2010 4:14 AM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]