The Sad state of Priests come Cataclysm.

100 Human Priest
I guess I'm a little confused as to why you say priests have it pretty bad. I mean, I didn't play on the beta, but I've played a priest for the past 5 and a half years, and quite honestly, priests are in some of the best shape they've ever been. My mana regen went up between the old talents/spirit use and the new talents/spirit use. Mana regen really doesn't seem to be too much of an issue, nor does healing output, considering all the raid leaders I know are currently looking for priest healers in their raids. I just state this all as it stands on retail servers at this moment. I can't really say much for anything between 80 and 85, but as it stands right now, at 80 in 251/264 gear, priests are doing quite well.
Edited by Lightzypher on 11/18/2010 1:48 PM PST
56 Human Warrior

You're welcome! Can I have a /hug now?

I think you missed what I said, the clock (while ticking) doesn't end with the release of Cataclysm. Time goes on and so will changes as they need to be made.

I think basically what is being said is, don't expect any additional changes to priests at least prior to the cata launch or in the near future after launch, things are pretty much locked up at this point. Maybe down the road things may change depending on the shakeup after launch, etc.

Yea that's pushed me over to the side of not playing a priest for Cata lol, thanks for the info! =D

Sigh...

Neth said they balanced it in beta and it's coming out in the patch

How is that not answering the question?
85 Worgen Priest
I'm loving priest, but it sucks to hear that about pvp for 85. It doesn't scare me into quitting this class though, we have so many healing play styles to choose from. I guess I'll just have to stick with PvE until the pvp fixes come in. As for right now, I've never had more fun playing my priest.
77 Blood Elf Priest
I guess I'm a little confused as to why you say priests have it pretty bad. I mean, I didn't play on the beta, but I've played a priest for the past 5 and a half years, and quite honestly, priests are in some of the best shape they've ever been. My mana regen went up between the old talents/spirit use and the new talents/spirit use. Mana regen really doesn't seem to be too much of an issue, nor does healing output, considering all the raid leaders I know are currently looking for priest healers in their raids. I just state this all as it stands on retail servers at this moment. I can't really say much for anything between 80 and 85, but as it stands right now, at 80 in 251/264 gear, priests are doing quite well.

We all know this. It changes at 85 though. Most of us are more concerned with the state of priest in regards to PvP though.

I really don't want to be playing a healing class that feels like lvl 80 to 85 you take one step forward and 3 steps back each level you go up.

Any 2 dps on you will kill you in very short order. Mage alone will kill you with ease. With our poor mobility and survivablity I'd hazard to say we are the squisiest class in the game now and the weakest link on any arena team.
90 Night Elf Priest

Not yet sadly. The candle is in the shop for now. Hopefully we'll be getting back our avatars before too much longer.

We're never too far, though we admittedly have been very busy. We may not always be visible here, but we are trying to keep tabs on as much as possible. Keep in mind, we're still fixing bugs as well so some things that don't seem "right" may just be a bug we're either working to squish or will be squishing. Also, as you well know, we always keep an eye out for what happens on live even after testing is done with. If we see we still need to make changes, we will. It may not always be as fast as people believe it should be, but we take into account a variety of factors before making those changes and never stop watching for the how the results really play out in the end.

As for where we're "allowed" to post, we post wherever we can when we can. If I could clone myself though, I would, then I'd head to the movies while my other selves took care of the myriad tasks I still have yet to do. ;p (I'd have them work on my characters too, but that would be account sharing which is a no no. ;) )

Thanks! The main issue is when we hit 85, this will be the scenario... "LFHealer (any healer except priest) for rated BG/Arena PST" which sucks the fun out of our cata experience.
100 Human Paladin
I think i hear the sky falling.
Community Manager
[quote]

I think you missed what I said, the clock (while ticking) doesn't end with the release of Cataclysm. Time goes on and so will changes as they need to be made.

While I greatly appreciate your response in this thread, this is simply unacceptable from a customer perspective. Admittedly, I do not know what all goes into class balance, I just have a hard time believing you cannot fix the obvious problems related to the class by ship date.

Balance isn't as easy as some seem to think and often balance is in the eye of the beholder (when someone doesn't look at the larger picture.) What you may see as an "obvious problem" may not be a problem at all other than in how you're approaching it. We believe priests will be in good shape if not great, but we definitely plan to keep an eye out on things and have additional ideas should they be necessary to implement.
90 Night Elf Priest
Just bubble. Must be nice.
100 Human Paladin
Just bubble. Must be nice.

I would, but most priests have their mass dispel keys handy.

I think i'll go make a long winded QQ post about it somewhere.
85 Undead Priest
By what Nethaera is saying blizzard intends to release priests as they are now and "might" fix them during season 9

I'm sorry but as a priest since release this is the worst weve been competitively in WoW

Not to mention priests are supposed to shine the first 2 seasons of an expansion before druids take our comps over, now were the worst starting
85 Undead Priest

We believe priests will be in good shape if not great, but we definitely plan to keep an eye out on things and have additional ideas should they be necessary to implement.

How can you think priests are in good shape? in any regard whatsoever.
85 Human Priest

I'll trade ya WoG for Penance or PW:S
85 Undead Priest

I'll trade ya WoG for Penance or PW:S

No you wouldnt, not at 85 anyways, both are useless spells
85 Undead Priest
[quote]

While I greatly appreciate your response in this thread, this is simply unacceptable from a customer perspective. Admittedly, I do not know what all goes into class balance, I just have a hard time believing you cannot fix the obvious problems related to the class by ship date.

Balance isn't as easy as some seem to think and often balance is in the eye of the beholder (when someone doesn't look at the larger picture.) What you may see as an "obvious problem" may not be a problem at all other than in how you're approaching it. We believe priests will be in good shape if not great, but we definitely plan to keep an eye out on things and have additional ideas should they be necessary to implement.

So is that it? Until you see a massive number of priest rollings alts you won't be changing things? If you have the ideas, you should be implementing them. Not holding them back in hopes that we will play a gimped class.
85 Human Priest
Anyone know what is behind this?

Aside from content, also included in the upcoming patch are several class balance changes and bug fixes. Due to several talent revisions for select classes, druids, paladins, priests, and shaman will have their talent trees reset.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1021054423?page=3#54
Community Manager
By what Nethaera is saying blizzard intends to release priests as they are now and "might" fix them during season 9

I'm sorry but as a priest since release this is the worst weve been competitively in WoW

Not to mention priests are supposed to shine the first 2 seasons of an expansion before druids take our comps over, now were the worst starting

Please refrain from "interpreting" what I've said. That is not what I said nor what I'm implying. When the next major patch releases, we'll talk more and see where you're at. Then we'll talk some more and see if we can find out what the root issues are and I'll convey them to the development team. Sometimes though, the answer is "no" or "we don't see it." I'm not saying either of those things right now. I'm just letting you know that we may not always agree with you.
100 Gnome Priest
Nethaera's post demonstrates how out of touch the developers are with their player base. No recognition that Chakra is a clunky mechanic that has destroyed the synergy of Holy priest spells. No recognition of mana regeneration problems that have been mathematically proven time and again in these forums. No recognition of how fatally broken priests are in PvP. It's apparent that with the release of patch 4.0.3a in the next week or two, the way priests are from that date is the way they will be on release day. It's love 'em or leave 'em time, folks! Many people have leveled alts during a year of (yawn) ICC. I think that a significant number will choose to level their paladin or druid on 12/7.
100 Dwarf Priest
One thing is for certain, it does look like there will be no more noticeable changes prior to Cataclysm.

I am rather curious as to how the 20% increase to healing spells translated in Beta. Anyone have any info on that?

On a side note, Neth saying priests are in great shape for Cata being wrong might turn into one of 'those' quotes in these forums. Yeah, you know the ones. ;)
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]