The Sad state of Priests come Cataclysm.

80 Undead Priest
Would be cool if they lowered smite's cast time by .5, and let us cast it while moving the way scorch is for mages in the discipline tree. Would make archangel more viable for pvp situations and help our offensive niche.

This please! nom nom nom
85 Blood Elf Rogue
Got globaled by an lsd today
77 Blood Elf Priest
Would be cool if they lowered smite's cast time by .5, and let us cast it while moving the way scorch is for mages in the discipline tree. Would make archangel more viable for pvp situations and help our offensive niche.

This plus;

10 sec Penance CD and our Penance glyph increases the amount healed by 5% and it can be channeled while moving.

Add PW:S dispel protection to Soul Warding Talent: Reduce Weakend Soul by 75% when bubble dispel. This will make people think more strategically whether to blow up the bubble with damage and have the 15 sec weakend soul debuff, or dispell it and allow the priest to recast it again a lot sooner without buffing bubble in PvE. Obviously would have to test if 75% is to much.

Give Disc and Holy access to Body and Soul.

Edited by Jaedo on 11/19/2010 12:35 AM PST
80 Blood Elf Priest

This is a great idea. Smite is already so difficult to use in PVP, though discipline is supposed to have so much synergy going for it, though because our primary job needs to be keeping people up we simply can't ever prioritize using planted-in-the-ground-for-seconds smites.

The rest of this thread is pretty demoralizing, there is a lot of good information here about discipline's need for mobility, survivability, or something that addresses dispels removing pretty much all of our current survivability in pvp. Is it fair to us that we get a response of
"..and see if we can find out what the root issues are and I'll convey them to the development team."

Level 85 posters are putting a lot of well thought out information from the beta here, please give some credit to them as they are presenting the appropriate "root" issues.
Edited by Azae on 11/19/2010 12:42 AM PST
Got globaled by an lsd today
Seriously? Why would you even bother to post this? How is this new at all?
80 Night Elf Priest
"..and see if we can find out what the root issues are and I'll convey them to the development team."

The root issue is that Blizzard thought healing wasn't fun enough so to make it better they nerfed it into the ground. Increasing spell costs by 433%, while only increasing base healing by 11% on a healing class that was already mana starved compared to other healers is just silly.

Ive always enjoyed the way disc has played as an offensive healer, but now it seems like holy paladin has snatched that away from priests and left them with nothing unique. Holy paladin even has some of the holy priest tree's most fun talents like body and soul and surge of light, except better.

Why does this game have to be so fun, going to cost me 55$ to get my paladin transferred here :(
85 Gnome Priest
whatever happened to us going to be able to penance while moving in cata? was i just crazy back then or did they just take back what they said.
85 Dwarf Warlock
im just sad with both blue posts.

like really?

in their eyes priests are fine, in everyone's eye (priests and non-priest players) they're lacking of many necessary aspects to be anywhere competitive on arena.

I mean, that's pretty much not considering the state of Holy Paladins.

When I look at all 4 healers (holy paladins, discipline priests, resto druids and resto shamans) and I use 4 countries to compare them we can say:
Holy Paladins = Norway
Resto Druids = England
Resto Shaman = Bolivia
Disc Priests = Bangladesh

And still say that disc priests are in their eyes "going to be great".

Really?

Because I don't see it, and neither 100% of the Priest PvP Community (as well majority of all pvp community) see that.

And in consideration to the last patch notes (with band-aid changes) just horrified the PvP community with how not-issue-related changes they were.

I myself don't play priest and I can see their problems (mana management, healing output, dispel vulnerability, shield's mana cost > benefit, and last but not least survivability)
85 Blood Elf Priest
[quote]

I think you missed what I said, the clock (while ticking) doesn't end with the release of Cataclysm. Time goes on and so will changes as they need to be made.

While I greatly appreciate your response in this thread, this is simply unacceptable from a customer perspective. Admittedly, I do not know what all goes into class balance, I just have a hard time believing you cannot fix the obvious problems related to the class by ship date.

Balance isn't as easy as some seem to think and often balance is in the eye of the beholder (when someone doesn't look at the larger picture.) What you may see as an "obvious problem" may not be a problem at all other than in how you're approaching it. We believe priests will be in good shape if not great, but we definitely plan to keep an eye out on things and have additional ideas should they be necessary to implement.

It seems those priests who attacked others for raising concerns and lectured on how Blizzard would fix it all before release got it wrong. Imagine that.

In wotlk Blizzard talked about its game play philosophy of using all your spells and not spamming, but the only class and spec that was enforced against was holy priest. All others were left free to spam to victory, with very minor restrictions on resto druids.

For cata Blizzard has talked about its mana regen game play philosophy, and again, it seems priest will be the only class that has to worry about it in fact.

All that talk of priest being low in regen but the correct model for Blizzard's game play philosophy, and now we see priests will be left low and others left high for release.

Apparently, "game play philosophy" is limited to the priest class.

90 Night Elf Priest
Fixing Priests in PvP is beyond simple.

-Reduce cooldown of Pain Suppression to 1 minute and make it immune to dispels.
-Reduce cooldown of Penance back to 6 or 8 seconds
-Give a super cool Greater Heal glyph for Holy Priests.
-Have Fade reduce damage taken by X% or give it a Feign Death-like component.
-Allow easy access to Body and Soul for all Priests. Remove poison component. Add snare immunity while the speed boost is active.
-Allow us to gain an Evangelism proc every time we use Penance for either dps or healing.
-Have PW:S heal the target once the bubble breaks or is dispelled.

Oh, and if Holy is to ever see PvP viability, remove Lightwell and Spirit of Redemption

Oh look, I just fixed Priests :)

^
85 Goblin Priest
Whats funny is, most of the time you hear someone QQing about class imba its that one class. But in this case its the entire wow community and every class laughing at priests. Now when its just not a few people and everyclass and person looking at priests as a joke there is a big problem... been playing priest 5 years over multiple seasons and i can honestly say this is the worst ive ever felt about this game. Pigon holeing us(healing priests) into playing shadow(which is the only viable spec) is pretty lame because anyone planning to run disc/holy is only gimping their teams by not useing the more over powered(by a lot) pally.

RMP = Rogue Mage Pally just sayn
85 Undead Priest

It seems those priests who attacked others for raising concerns and lectured on how Blizzard would fix it all before release got it wrong. Imagine that.

This is what pisses me off. There's a few priests on these forums that reply to every legitimate balance concern with "The SKY IS FALLING!!!" or "It's Beta" or "Wait til 85" or "Blizzards said "xxx", we're the model. L2P!"

Patches come out, priests play the patches, they give feedback. Feedback based on the priest class performance or how it stacks up with other healers/dps. It's the idiot priests like above that just sit by and think everything will be covered in hearts and nutella that really grinds my gears. Blizzard has shown time and time again their incompetence for the priest class. They need feedback, whether it be QQ or math.
85 Blood Elf Priest

We believe priests will be in good shape if not great...

I'm sorry.... what? o_o

Okay I'll go along with this here... We haven't necessarily seen the priest's effectiveness in arena yet, so it might be able to take it's place in RMP and heavy damage comps. A disc priests offensive ability could come in handy at times, and might be why our heals and survivability are not up to par with paladins or resto druids.

But even so... they're still one of the LEAST MANA EFFICIENT healers in the game at this point. And while I know where not supposed to be able to tank five DPS... struggling to keep ourselves up against one is rather pathetic.

Please tell me you have plans for at least their mana regen... seeing a blizzard poster saying the class is fine just makes me really sad... :'(

I mean you don't find it strange that most of the priests, and WoW community, who posted on here are either unhappy with priests or laughing their ass off?
Edited by Terrorsocks on 11/19/2010 7:24 AM PST
85 Night Elf Priest
Well I've gotten used to priests getting the poo end of the stick, and i'm sure nothing will happen to make us of any use at all in end game or PVP in cata.
still waiting for priests fixes on:

mobility
    surverability
    mana regeneration
    (in disc case) better/undispelable absorbs
    (in holy case) better chakra
85 Undead Priest
Whats funny is that a bunch of priests are suggesting the same exact changes that would fix the specs. I've seen QQ forums have a ton of different lame ideas that are either too OP or just plain ridiculous.

Its nice to see that most of the priest community understand the issues and what needs to happen.

Unfortunately, Blizzard treats us like the Pally forums when it comes to class balance... -__-
68 Night Elf Priest
[quote]

I think you missed what I said, the clock (while ticking) doesn't end with the release of Cataclysm. Time goes on and so will changes as they need to be made.

While I greatly appreciate your response in this thread, this is simply unacceptable from a customer perspective. Admittedly, I do not know what all goes into class balance, I just have a hard time believing you cannot fix the obvious problems related to the class by ship date.

Balance isn't as easy as some seem to think and often balance is in the eye of the beholder (when someone doesn't look at the larger picture.) What you may see as an "obvious problem" may not be a problem at all other than in how you're approaching it. We believe priests will be in good shape if not great, but we definitely plan to keep an eye out on things and have additional ideas should they be necessary to implement.

I really like that there are actually blue post in the forums now. I know its gona suck having to listen to people complain 24/7 about what they feel is broke but....if u lump the majority of them into a trend it will really help to get an idea of how the community feels. In the case of priests i can say that if the mechanics scaled more to how this toon is "now" as opposed to what we are hearing on beta....it seems like a big nose dive imo. If blizz scaled the mechanics to how things are at this lvl as far as mana regen ect., i think it will quiet alot of the QQ.
83 Tauren Priest
Nethaera's post demonstrates how out of touch the developers are with their player base. No recognition that Chakra is a clunky mechanic that has destroyed the synergy of Holy priest spells. No recognition of mana regeneration problems that have been mathematically proven time and again in these forums. No recognition of how fatally broken priests are in PvP. It's apparent that with the release of patch 4.0.3a in the next week or two, the way priests are from that date is the way they will be on release day. It's love 'em or leave 'em time, folks! Many people have leveled alts during a year of (yawn) ICC. I think that a significant number will choose to level their paladin or druid on 12/7.

Cynicism can be fun sometimes, it even makes you look cool! Or maybe you're just refusing to learn how to use new mechanics in a more effective way. But, I am sure in all of your cynical glory of as king of the internets you found your opinion to make you cooler, and also more correct than those who made a billion dollar industry out of a single game, revitalized a genre with a single game, and made a "nerd only" genre of a game into a mainstream phenomena. I'm sure you know better still though.
16 Gnome Warlock
Don't feed him
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]