What's with Paladin armor lately?

90 Human Paladin
Immolation is another example of a Mage set which was instead given to paladins.

Stop while you're ahead, Blood Elf.

Tier 15: Lightning Emperor:
Is a travesty. There is nothing in this set that makes it readily identifiable as a paladin set other the fact that it looks terrible. Until this set emerged, I thought Justicar and Crystalforge would never be surpassed in gayness, with their hot pinks and lavenders.
Lightning Emperor has proven me wrong.
Once again you give us that stupid beak nose helmet. This set just has no design. The other plate wearers were given readily identifiable themes. This set is just a random mishmash of exaggerated ornateness. Why not give this set to Warriors or DKs? Because they would hate it? This set would be as relevant to their design philosophy as it is to ours. I REALLY hope you guys give up on the whole "Paladin = bird!" thing, it got old back during Cataclysm.

Yep you dumb. Just look how awesome T15H looks: http://i.imgur.com/d8f1w1M.png

I ONLY NEED THE CHEST AND BOOTS AND I HAVE THAT SET
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
BTW: Can anyone tell me what's cute about this garbage?

If "cute" is what you're looking for in armor, raid sets are probably not going to work for you.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I can't be the only one who feels like Paladins are getting the short end of the plate wearing stick increasingly often.
I'm going to assess different Paladin sets.

Paladin Malevolent Gladiator:
Our armor designers seem to frequently forget that we're not Mages. This set is a startling confirmation of that fact.
In the meantime, the set that should have been ours, with the crested helmet and winged shoulders, was given to warriors... How would Warriors have felt if they'd received this Mage set while we got the cool looking crested helmet set?... Yeah, well we hate it too.

Here's a little secret, Blizz: If Warriors or DKs would hate wearing a given armor set, then Paladins will hate it too! There are no exceptions to this, save the obviously 'paladin themed' sets, like Lightbringer. (a great set, btw) Stop dressing us like Mages.
Immolation is another example of a Mage set which was instead given to paladins.

Paladin Tyrannical Gladiator:
Not as bad but you still missed the mark. We are not Rogues and we're not interested being dressed as rogues. This is a cool looking set. But this is not a Paladin set.
To be fair though, all of the sets of this season look pretty wide-of-the-mark and unremarkable, sadly. So at least we're not suffering alone.

Season 14 Paladin:
Wonderful! Finally we're given a set that looks tough and plate armory as well as crusadery. Cross on the face. Sha ice on the fringe. Paladin armor designer on this one is finally getting it.
More like this, we beg you.

Tier 15: Lightning Emperor:
Is a travesty. There is nothing in this set that makes it readily identifiable as a paladin set other the fact that it looks terrible. Until this set emerged, I thought Justicar and Crystalforge would never be surpassed in gayness, with their hot pinks and lavenders.
Lightning Emperor has proven me wrong.
Once again you give us that stupid beak nose helmet. This set just has no design. The other plate wearers were given readily identifiable themes. This set is just a random mishmash of exaggerated ornateness. Why not give this set to Warriors or DKs? Because they would hate it? This set would be as relevant to their design philosophy as it is to ours. I REALLY hope you guys give up on the whole "Paladin = bird!" thing, it got old back during Cataclysm.

Tier 16:
Oh... You thought we'd enjoy being dressed as both a mage AND a bird! The two things we're most sick of.
This set is remarkably reminiscent of a Cataclysm set called "Firehawk". Which class did that set belong to again... Oh that's right, THE MAGE!
In all honesty, The T16 helmet and shoulders would look great for Paladins. Sadly the rest of the set appears to consist of a cloth robe and cloth gloves.

To sum up: Stop dressing us as Mages. Stop dressing us as gay Mardi Gras performers. We get the whole American thing of Eagle = Divine Justice, but it's been done to death for Paladins. Please shift toward the Crusader/Holy Warrior aspect instead.

Also, we would enjoy a measure of duplicity such as Priests have been given. Healing = magic of the light. DPS = Darker, angrier theme.

You sir, are an idiot.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I really like the Pally tier 16 it's one of my favourite :)
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I for one will be going for T16 red and love it. The only one I haven't liked so far would be the next PvP teir, mostly due to it looking like it was made with only dwarves in mind. Sure they are happy though.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
how exactly does a plate robe work anyway? it seems to me that if it wasnt chain mail it wouldnt be very movement-friendly
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
how exactly does a plate robe work anyway? it seems to me that if it wasnt chain mail it wouldnt be very movement-friendly

It's cloth with plate pieces on top. If you look at the T16 skirt, for instance, you can see that there's a plate section hanging down the middle and two plate sections attached to the thighs with cloth in between.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I like our current tier and I like our next tier as well :)
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
It's alright, I see what you mean...

...but you're wrong. Blue T16 is in my top 5 of pally sets, easy.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I thought Justicar and Crystalforge would never be surpassed in gayness, with their hot pinks and lavenders.
Justicar armor is badass.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
They must be running out of Ideas or something. The paladin gear has been ugly since Cataclysm. Thank god for transmog. I don't care what they release now because I just transmog it into my beautiful outfit I have now.

BUT I DO AGREE, THEY NEED TO GET IT TOGETHER BECAUSE THESE UGLY CRAP ARMOR SETS FOR PALADINS ARE TERRIBLE.

And it's been so bad in MoP it's not even funny. All of the challenge mode gear is ugly too with the exemption of Paladin, Warlock, and mage.

Poor designers, their well of creativity has run dry. Po babies...

BTW: Can anyone tell me what's cute about this garbage?

http://wow.mmozone.de/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/paladin-t16-patch54.jpg
+

2/10 for the whiny rant

9/10 for being a smexy BE in hooker gear

I for one appreciate the style of the "plate robe" as it is more in line with my idea of D&D paladins. I do with the graphics/animations made them more realistic, but its livable until a cow puts them on...

Justicar is my third fav armor set, works awesome with the weapon/shield mog I have now.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
09/04/2013 03:15 PMPosted by Klörn

Most of the robes are poorly textured, or rendered in a way that you can't tell that they're actually segmented plate mail, because our robes actually have very little visible cloth but many of them look fairly clothy.

Also, you look like if Gulliver stood up inside a pagoda.

Yeah, WoW's graphics engine doesn't allow for how the armor "should" look. This drawing http://www.paperspencils.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Paladin_Tier_2_Judgement_set_by_peetietang.jpg does a pretty good job of showing what T2 would "really" look like - segmented pieces of platemail and cloth, rather than one solid hunk.

I played WoW for many years before I really "got" what T2 armor was - I never quite understood how it was a solid robe yet also plate, but then I examined the texture closely and a lightbulb went on over my head when I realized it was plate legs, platemail "skirt", and separate pieces of cloth (like a tabard). Similar to this, I think: http://paizo.com/image/content/RiseOfTheRunelords/Pathfinder7_Paladin.jpg

If Judgement really did look that good... we'd all be wearing that.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Reply Quote
93 Dwarf Paladin

Eh, maybe. If we were all humans, BElves, or Draenei. No Dwarf should ever have his beard stuffed into a hood, though.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
LFM
...What about the Malevolent set looks mage-like? If I had to guess without knowing just by looking at it, I'd say monk (green spheres and paper charms). But parts of it are clearly plate.

T16: Angels. Seriously. There are glowing golden angel feathers. Nothing else remotely resembles a bird. And, again, obvious plate pieces, including most of the robe. Of all of the MoP paladin sets, T16 is by far the most paladin-like set.

THIS

I actually like the bulk of the T16 set, the helmet looks over the top but I always hide the helmets to start with, blizzard don't make many helmets that I do like, the shoulders....I have a problem with, I think they look just plain stupid, I will look for a transmog to cover those for sure just like I did for the off color judgment set (t-2 recolor), one thing I will say about the shoulders for t-16 is that they look very well proportioned on the 3-d viewer, and proportioning and fitting seem to be a big problem with blizzard, ie, dark iron shoulders FLOAT above my shoulders and look like they were made for a tauren, overall they actuall did a good job with this tier with some exceptions for taste, the warrior spot light thing comes to mind and the rogues truck grill face guard is another example of stupidity, but this in my opinion is probably the best tier set since T-2.i still like T-2 the best though
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
LFM

Yeah, WoW's graphics engine doesn't allow for how the armor "should" look. This drawing http://www.paperspencils.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Paladin_Tier_2_Judgement_set_by_peetietang.jpg does a pretty good job of showing what T2 would "really" look like - segmented pieces of platemail and cloth, rather than one solid hunk.

I played WoW for many years before I really "got" what T2 armor was - I never quite understood how it was a solid robe yet also plate, but then I examined the texture closely and a lightbulb went on over my head when I realized it was plate legs, platemail "skirt", and separate pieces of cloth (like a tabard). Similar to this, I think: http://paizo.com/image/content/RiseOfTheRunelords/Pathfinder7_Paladin.jpg

no we wouldn't, see what i'm wearing, I have the t-2 recolor but I mainly roll this,and I actually like the t-2 set, a lot of people do, but for me to roll as argent dawn t-2 don't fit, the overlord set does, when I roll as a tank I wear dark iron set, i'm still trying to get the shoulders from AQ that look like the 60 pvp shoulder, that actually fit my character model,that set screams bloodknight, and that's what I run when i'm a tank, when i'm in the t-2 recolor i'm just a paladin, no tabard no affiliation, I hope you see the point, just because its my favorite gear set doesn't mean i'm gunna run it all the time and i'm sure a lot of other people change it up too
Reply Quote
91 Blood Elf Paladin
Careful... Blizz will have their designers just keep recoloring T5 until these threads disappear.

Pink on shocking pink with lavender... /disgustedshiver
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
After reading the entire thread, I could not agree more whatsoever.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I really wish they would return to the "design sets based off class" idea. T1-T6 to be specific. T16 comes pretty close but lacks the nostalgic W3 feeling you get with T1,T2,T4,T6
Edited by Achernar on 9/8/2013 8:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I have determined from your criticism of S13 and your praise of S14 that you are both blind and stupid.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]