Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn

90 Undead Monk
I never said that there's a wow killer out there but I know that the Final Fantasy games have been popular for a very long time.

Watch your back Blizz.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
ESO will make WoW's subs drop wait and you'll see
Reply Quote

Why can't people just play both? Like I will.
Reply Quote
48 Gnome Monk

If so then only because of the name.
It's turning out to be another SWtOR by the looks of it though.

09/03/2013 08:25 PMPosted by Zerkked

Money
Time
Commitment
Edited by Nelmara on 9/3/2013 8:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
The game is just absolutely terrible.
It looks pretty, but the combat is absolutely horrendous.
Nothing screams "fun" like 4 second extremely stereotypical spells with little versatility that deal 15% of a mob's life.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk

School, work, family and life are harsh mistresses. Also I have a harsh mistresses that gets mad if I play too many games.
Reply Quote
51 Draenei Monk

Because it's not allowed. You can play one MMO and one MMO only. No other MMOs are allowed.
Reply Quote
48 Gnome Monk
09/03/2013 08:26 PMPosted by Kalorea

I wish but unfortunately they chose to copy GW2's combat system and have a limited amount of abilities usable at one time.

Total turn off for me at least. I will still play it for the story but then stop like I did with SWTOR.

The problem is you cant really make The elder scrolls games into an MMO and keep most of what people love about the games.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
I dunno but your description can apply to WoW outside of raid content. Do you dislike wow as well?

At least the casts are 0.2 - 1.5 casts with many powerful instants that can be used while moving (:
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
SAO is where it's at punks.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Final Fantasy titles have quite a few amazing games to their credit, and I know I enjoyed FFXI more than anything else I've ever played, right up until my time commitments didn't allow the investment you need to get stuff down there.

But this new FF will never be the WoW killer, mostly because it was already launched to a massive failure, and they will never fully recover the customers they lost during that fiasco. I myself remember trying to sign up an account online, and it had this weird 3 stage system where you were dealing with different entities, and I could never complete that process. Finally got frustrated just trying to get signed up, and they lost my money forever.

Kinda funny I am already hearing of some problems with this new re-launch, as if they couldn't even learn from that massive disastrous first mistake they made, and they are having server issues and whatnot. Don't get me wrong, they've got quite a franchise and tell beautiful stories with amazing world environment... but they should drown that dead horse and try again the correct way with a future MMO title.
Edited by Knarrl on 9/3/2013 8:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I never said that there's a wow killer out there but I know that the Final Fantasy games have been popular for a very long time.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I guess you weren't there for first ff14? When it got removed from stores for being so bad.

Ff14 reborn isn't any better

People that follow ff games hated ff14 and loved ff11 better.

Ff14 isn't going ever get close to wow level.
Reply Quote
48 Gnome Monk
Agreed. They also cut out a lot of what I liked about Oblivion when they made skyrim. Sort of the same thing happened with a lot of new releases to series I liked. Civ5 to name another.

Simplification in any form that reduces depth of content is a big turn off for me. This seems to be happeneing more and more recently.

It used to be in the past the newer games got more and more expansive as time went on and newer stuff came out. It's like it's going in reverse for some reason now.

It makes me sad about the video game industry as a whole today.

To be honest I liked skyrim more than oblivion, Maybe because Oblivion felt to dark to me. (I freaking HATED Oblivion itself, That place can die in a fi... Oh wait...) I never really liked an overly dark tone to anything.

While Skyrim overall felt more simplified, It also felt more free with character customization (Untill you get to really high lvls). Dragon battles felt epic even after you found your favorite exploit on how to kill them easily (Mine was Go werewolf and power attack the wings repeatedly to make it flinch) I also feel like it did adventuring much better than oblivion which is my personal favorite part of any game although that is more of a personal taste I guess considering they both did it pretty well.
Edited by Nelmara on 9/3/2013 8:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Now if dragon age turned into a MMO?

I would to fight beside the warden with my character.

I still love the warden/morrigan love story.
Edited by Darkcherry on 9/3/2013 8:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
09/03/2013 08:35 PMPosted by Darkcherry

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I guess you weren't there for first ff14? When it got removed from stores for being so bad.

Ff14 reborn isn't any better

People that follow ff games hated ff14 and loved ff11 better.

Ff14 isn't going ever get close to wow level.

I don't don't think you understand how popular the FF games are. FF Fans will always come back to any FF game that comes out. SQUARE ENIX is a pretty smart company. they will get it right and give the fans what they want
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
A game that had to re-launch itself because the first was so awful probably isn't going to bring WoW down off the top.

The only thing that's going to bring WoW down from being top dog is when they release the last expansion and they stop making it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]