Have you tried leveling on the Isle?

30 Pandaren Shaman
So, I was bored one day, and decided to create my own neutral race.

It's day in and day out of farming herbs and mining ore.

After level 14, that's pretty much the only thing that gives you experience.

I am determined, however, to reach higher levels, and become a shining example of what is possible in this game, as some have done before me, and some who may do after me.

Cheers to those of whom have a great deal of patience.

Sometimes it's also nice to stay on the Isle and help newbies out, too. Although... I wish it were possible to visit the Wood of Staves again after that questline is complete. There's no "tornado" that can take you back up there, and no stairs.

Ah well. :)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I have not but this guy is

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/mannoroth/Doubleagent/advanced

There needs to be an achieve for this
Reply Quote
30 Pandaren Shaman
Believe me, Doubleagent is amazing with his Buddhist's level of patience. I don't know if I'll ever get that far, but I'm determined to keep going.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Wow! What a great idea! This guy is sooo inspiring!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Well good luck. I would do it if I was at the end of my line with WoW and needed one final reason to stay subbed.

That guy must truly be descended from real Pandaren. Have you read his posts sometime? I always imagine him in a Pandaren tone telling me how I should relax and enjoy life.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Rogue
Archaeology gives incredible exp for low levels, but really, you can't do very much of it until you are at least 20 and can ride. But if you are ever near a site while doing your other gathering, make sure you have your point trained and get ready to level :)
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
Doubleagent for warchief.

And good luck to you on your trials OP ^_^
Reply Quote
30 Pandaren Shaman
Well, think of it this way: It's just another type of challenge.

In Final Fantasy X, there was a way to beat the game without having to use any sphere on the sphere grid to boost your stats.

I already have 15 lv90s, and I have a all of the professions, primary, and secondary maxed out. I've done every single raid, I've gone back and cleared all the old classic dungeons, and I was slightly burnt on the Pet Battles thing.

I guess what I decided to do was some exploring, know more about the isle and what not, and see what happens if you jump ship. Trying to find a way to Parkour back to the Wood of Staves.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
09/09/2013 01:58 PMPosted by Wasserkatze
15 lv90s

O_O
Reply Quote
30 Pandaren Shaman
Yeah... I know... >.>

I think I should take a break.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
and see what happens if you jump ship. Trying to find a way to Parkour back to the Wood of Staves.
I lol'd , I don't know why. I can see some high lvl 100 NPC Elite chasing you through Azeroth trying to force you back to the island.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Well, think of it this way: It's just another type of challenge.

It's time-consuming, but it doesn't really pose any sort of challenge.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Death Knight
I can't think of anything less fruitful than this. This is the epitome of empty living. I am guilty of wasting time in my life too, so I don't be offended. But I do feel convicted when I play too much wow.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
I can't think of anything less fruitful than this. This is the epitome of empty living. I am guilty of wasting time in my life too, so I don't be offended. But I do feel convicted when I play too much wow.

As long as she gets personal satisfaction from it, It's not really -wasted- time. I've spent (809) documented hours on Skyrim, (255) on FO:NV, Probably double or triple on FO3 and (854) on Civ 5. Gods alone know how much time on Wow but I've enjoyed -most- of them so they're not wasted. I won't argue they're unproductive for RL accomplishment but meh.
Reply Quote
30 Pandaren Shaman
I have 1550 hours clocked in on FFX.

But I also work 50 hours a week at my job.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
we haven't seen this since the days of old, where boars gave you 2 exp no matter what level you were
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest

I don't understand what makes this a cure for boredom.
Unless it's because it makes just about anything else in the game (or anything else in the world) look more interesting to do.
Reply Quote
we haven't seen this since the days of old, where boars gave you 2 exp no matter what level you were

Oh man, wonder if that dude is still playing.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk

I don't understand what makes this a cure for boredom.
Unless it's because it makes just about anything else in the game (or anything else in the world) look more interesting to do.

While "I" could never get myself to do that (hell I get bored just flying out to farm old gear, lol), I give props to those who try.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Shaman
Sometimes it's also nice to stay on the Isle and help newbies out, too. Although... I wish it were possible to visit the Wood of Staves again after that questline is complete. There's no "tornado" that can take you back up there, and no stairs.

Only one way back once you finish the quest line. I made a video of it earlier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nr27yuU-SNk

Basically you find a fatigue spot on the outer shell and let yourself die and take a spirit rez up top (could probably find a mob close enough there to smack you to death but in my case that would take a very long time), video took forever to process. Reason, I did the video was I had picked up mining again to gather nodes and figured I might as well go up there to update my map with the nodes again. I don't go up there much (mostly due to the pain of having to kill yourself to get up there), but it's a nice change.

Tonight I was basically getting myself some better gear, by leveling many professions up to get the Best in Slot in my case for a lot of stuff, of course one of the things I went to make I foudn out that there is no vendor on the Wandering Isle that sells Fine Thread this I was unable to make one of my pants with Blacksmithing that I intended to make.

So, logging off tonight with Skinning and Enchanting as my professions, since there is no enchanting vellum, I don't want to drop Enmchanting until I put enchants onto my Leatherworking gear, so when I'm satisfied that I have enough leather for what I want to make I'll drop skinning and pick up leatherworking. After that might pick up Tailoring just for the heck of it and make a linen shirt... The thigns you take for granted when you don't have access to a mailbox, auction house and whatnot, is that you basically have to craft everything yourself. Had this been a non-neutral toon, I have max level of all the professions and it would have been easy.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]